This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

G'day guys, thanks for such an informative site. helped heaps already and i expect it will in the future
    cheers
    moz

Comment

Hi,

Like many others no doubt, I found this site whilst looking for information on faulty caps. Plenty of useful information here.

About to attempt my first capacitor replacement on an old Asrock K7S8X motherboard. Three out of four 3300uF/6.3V KZG caps visibly bulging. Board posts OK but kernel panics part way into OS loading.

Did a lot of construction of audio amplifiers back in the late 60s through into the early 80s. The boards were single sided then and most components physically larger... also my eyesight was a lot better...

Paul.

Comment

First time here. I like to mess around with electronic and electric equipment. I love to build stuff, using schematics and such. I'm looking forward to help anywhere I can and to be helped from time to time. Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Joined up as I'm attempting to fix my Samsung LCD tv with power (and backlight), but no picture and no sound. I've spent the past week doing my research and reading past posts... hopefully my past bench tech experience will pay off.

Comment

Hi my username is pablodiaz I live on a small island Grand Turk in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The population here is about 4,000 the island is only one mile X seven and sorounded by a coral reef and an abyss.

I set up a Rice Processing Plant and Sugar mill in 1994 to process imports from the Caribbean and South America for export to Europe as the TCI has a special status as part of the UK. My businesses were destroyed in 2008 by two hurricanes in 5 days the worst a Cat 5 Hurricane (IKE). This after a carrier in Submarines Royal Navy and Merchant Navy. So semi retired now set up a little activity as an NGO supplying computers to the schools here and in Haiti as there is a lot of poverty around me. Hence the interest in BadCaps. Look forward to receiving advice and parts.

My hobbies are a young wife from (Guyana) Scotch/Wine Good food, Sailing, Diving, Fishing and electronics.

Look fwd to future exchanges.

Comment

danewguy

hello all, my name is alexander, im a 36 year old student, studying for my A+ certificate in cis 120 at cuyamaca college in san diego. Computers, or at least how they work, sort of just fell in my lap, i never really thought that i would like/love computers the way i do now, its amazing the limitless opportunites you can create for yourself if you allow yourself the opportunity by being willing to learn. I know because i worked at the home depot for 8 years of my life, and needed a career. Its a long story about how i was recruited into CIS education, but have no regrets, and i am having alot of fun meeting and studying with people young and older than me lol.. peace and humanity towards all...

Comment

I would like to say Hi to the group, found you all here after doing a google search regarding an lg psu I was having a go at repairing

Im relatively new to repairing flat screen tv's and am learning as I go along
                Its more from the point of view as a hobby rather than a business

I fancied getting back into electronics, my last real involvement was repairing and upgrading Atari ST computers back in the day

Back to the LG PSU model 6709900016 its now up and working
                changed the capacitors on the low voltage side

The 3.4volt supply was being held low hence no digital tuning, no signal or software version was being displayed

Q204 and Q205 (MOSFET N-Channel 30V 11A SOIC8) rs part 671-0624 were blown
                when replaced this cured the faults

One thing left to do is replace the 450v 150uF as this one is quite noisey (not sure if this is normal)

hope the above helps people that google 6709900016

Mark

Comment

Hello, I'm new on this forum, and now I need to read a lot of stuff here.

Comment

Hello!

New to this forum by registeration. I have read this board alot for a long time. I decided to join because now I can see attachments, write answers and ask questions. Makes things alot easier and fun too!

I'm an automation electrician but been a geek since 4 years old, so I know lots of stuff about computers and electrics.

Oh, by the way.. This site roxors ma' soxors or something like that. It's good to have community to help you out in tough choices or tricky situations.

Comment

hello.

i found this forum in my search for a fix for an older monitor, and i don't plan on posting/participating much, as i have very little skill in the ways of hardware manipulation.

but...per the pm i received, i am not a bot, nor am i a business, so never fear.

thanks.

Comment

Hi I have seen a few electolitic caps with rounded tops. So glad I found this url.

Comment

Hello.
                          In search of repair information and have a lot of reading prior to asking questions.

Comment

Hello all, Happy to be aboard. I have been modifying, rebuilding, and fixing anything and everything for decades now. I am a lifelong student and tinkering in my workshop is my sanctuary. I took an electronics course in college but really started about 10 years ago when I put together a M.A.M.E. (multiple arcade machine emulator) machine for my kids. I have been working on computers for a little longer and have a home based repair shop where I rebuild hardware, software, os, and upgrade. I have been recapping mobos for a while and just picked up an osilloscope which I am trying to teach myself to use. I recently started repairing Flat pannel televisions and the ocasional xbox or wii. I have always enjoyed the proffessionalism of the BadCaps site and hope to continue to learn and grow in the field. Thank you nBrucer

Comment

peace all, my name is alexander, i live in lemon grove,ca and i am student studying for my a+ exam in CIS 120, love to learn just glad i made the decision to change careers/life before it was too late..

Comment

Hello all. I am an EE student who also loves meddling around with electronics. I found this site while looking up replacement capacitor ratings for a samsung monitor i found in the trash. I loved what i saw from the community, registered immediately.

Comment

Hello, My name is Seth. I am from Colorado and have been repairing and parting out LCD and Plasma Tvs for a few years. I have come here for the wealth of information available so that I can learn more, and find help with proclems, I can't solve on my own. I look forward to being here!

Comment

Hello everyone,

my name is Maik, i'm 22 years old and i live in germany. Atm. i'm a student for Mechatronics (Bachelor) and hope to graduate soon. In my freetime i fix laptops and other electronic devices from friends and my family.
                                    My hobbys are computers, microcontrollers and processors (mainly Atmel) my homecinema and my friends.

I'm here to learn and help other people fixing their stuff^^

Greetings from Germany

Comment

Hello everyone!

My name is Arnold. I'm from Serbia and I work in my own electronics service.
                                      For me electronics is everything sice the age of twelve.
                                      Greetings to everyone!

Comment

Looks like this is the place for me to fix my dell 2407wfp thats gone yellow down one side

Comment

Hello,
                                          New to electronics via amateur radio. Hope to learn lots!
                                          Denon

Comment

Working...
                                          X