This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello gentlemen, I am here to see If I can get my TV fixed. Its a Samsung un46eh5000, as far as I can tell there is no backlight. There is a picture if you do the flashlight test. I'll be posting in the main TV repair area for more details. Thanks

Comment

Hello all, Sean in St. Louis here..

Comment

Hello, new to the forum researching power supply issue for Philips LCD TV

Comment

Originally posted by Harimaru View Post
          Hello, im here to troubleshoot my old laptop. However, considering im studing electrotecnic and automation i may be here sometimes, like... a lot. Sorry for my English.
          which brand you have what problem you have????

Comment

I've been here before but didn't join the first time. I found enough information to fix a Philips 42pfl... that needed new caps in the p/s board. That was three years ago. I have a new problem now, so this time I've joined.
            About me - I live near San Jose, CA. Before that OK, MO, OH.
            I went to school in IN, have an EE degree
            But I changed careers in 2002 - I'm a pastor now so I don't think engineer as much as I once could. Hoping to fix this tv again - for the $ savings and because the landfills are already overflowing without another tv.
            Some posted their first computer - I bought an Atari that was both game system and computer. I don't remember the model or specs. It had a tape drive that used cassettes. The screen was our tv.

Comment

Hello, I'm here because my job is Notebooks repair

Comment

HI All. not sure if I'm doing this correctly,I'm not too good on forums.
                Although I'm a member of a few.

My name is Darrell,from Wigan in the UK.

I'm currently trying to repair a Samsung BN44-00191A psu.

It's driving me mad.

I'm hoping to get some help here.

Thank's in advance.

Comment

Hello folks,

My name is Sean and I live in West Lothian, Scotland.

I've meant to sign up on here for some time as when I'm looking for info 'Badcaps' often returns! I'm usually trying to fix something for someone and today it's an LG 50PC1DA-EC with a flickering display showing expected graphics dialogue box e.g. NO VIDEO etc. in the faint background. This is my first attempt at a Plasma so all offers of help will be greatfully received!

Comment

Hi everyone; My Name is Chris Smiley. I work here at Smiley Technologies 1900 Savannah Hwy. Suite 20 Jesup, Ga. 31545 We service all brand TV's / Computers / Apple products.

Thanks for allowing me to become a member.

Chris Smiley

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hello I'm Chad from British Columbia, Canada. Just wanted to say thanks since thanks to this site I've managed to fix one monitor that was going bad.

Comment

Hi boys! I am Martin from Argentina... I reach these forum looking for some Nb schemes but the people here are so great...

(My english iisnt the best in this area but I can defend myself)

Cheers.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                          I am Masood, I do system repairs as hobby(well make some money too). I came across BADCAPS when I was trying to find the equivalent/replacement caps for a scott TV(yes, the RadioShack one) for a friend long time ago(maybe 2010), the details and instructions I found here were Awesome, all members were very friendly and more importantly, very helpful; I finally joined in 2013, I was on and off checking the site but during beginning of March, I was working on HP D7 board, searching for schematics brought me to my fav site, I downloaded but noticed something very unusual, I saw some one asked for the BIOS for a board uploading his bad one and one member(I won't name names) actually corrected the BIOS file and uploaded, this is really AWESOME and frankly, more to my amazement, I could not find a single post with flaming or making fun of members who asks for something to be explained.
                          I am really proud and honored to be the member of this community.
                          Cheers Everyone.

Comment

Hi,
                            My name is Paul, I'm from Melbourne, Australia.
                            Not trying to repair anything at the moment, just looking around.

Cheers

Comment

Hi my name is Rob, I'm from northern WI a couple miles from the MI border. Glad to be here. I enjoy repairing electronic items and feel I can never learn enough. Been here reading for the past 4 hours. Found a new way to spend any free time.

Comment

Hey there earthlings,
                                Old TV tech here just just fixing gear for friends and looking for new ways to extract energy from the universe.
                                My ex neighbor brought me an audio amp with a fried resistor I would like to
                                indentify the value for and not finding any service manuals or parts lists floating around in cyberspace, thus here I am!
                                This is an RCA (why am I working on this???) Model RT2870-A. The resistor is R202 on the SMPS labeled RT2770.
                                if anyone has this original value I am all ears.
                                Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi Everyone.My name is Hassan I'm from Morocco,I came across BADCAPS when I was looking for information about macbookpro retina logicboard .I want to think evry menber here.

Comment

Long time lurker, with electronic service experience that goes back to the days when computers had a bank of 6 or 8 164,000 uf oil filled capacitors on the 5v rail that has a resistor across them to make sure they were discharged when not running, and even then, a quick screwdriver across the bus bars was advised before swapping one out to make sure it was discharged fully. Welded a driver to the bars one day when making sure, and discovered the resistor was open circuit.

Anyway, that was a long time ago in a different life, now, I spend some of my time fixing PC type hardware, and keep coming across bad caps, in all sorts of strange places, so I've been a regular lurker for a long time. I should be thinking about retiring, but that's not going to happen any time soon, the recession we had here wiped out too many things, including a lot of my reserves, so I shall be working for a while yet.

Now, I've got 2 ASUS Terminator PSU's that I really need to fix, bad caps on both, and a third PSU on the way out, all for the same customer, but I could do with a circuit diagram, which means posting in the forums, so I've registered.

Home is a small town just north of Dublin in Ireland, Ashbourne, a population of about 10,000, and despite how close we are to Dublin, sources of supply for electronics components are not very abundant, and tend not to have the more obscure things that this type of work needs, so on line buying is almost essential.

Comment

Hello All Thank you for giving me a chance to be on your website --- my name KAKUMASTER and the reason I picked that name is because I have and am currently working for Directv and had a lot of input on the design of the kaku slimline dish antenna. I like to fix led tvs on the side no charge to the customer I have some knowledge Thanks

Comment

hello from blueyshire in australia
                                        not much to say I am now retired get a bit bored some times so work on electrical tools etc at moment some one gave me a plasma TV to try and fix so the forum can help me with this one
                                        regards Jim

Comment

Hello

Comment

Working...
                                          X