X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello to all..

I just signed up. All my computers are running at the moment, but I have a quirky LCD TV problem and I am in a little over my head with it. (right side of the TV is darker than the left and the left flickers)

So far I have shocked myself twice with the 400MA leads on the inverter and just about started a fire actually, it was a fire ball the size of a pencil eraser - but who knew, it died down pretty fast after I removed the screwdriver from the circuit.

Anyway, I am digging around here trying to keep all my flat screens in play, and maybe learn enough to get a few broken ones and fix them for some crazy home theater project? I am an accountant by trade, a mechanic at heart, so if your into similar stuff we can take it off topic.

Cool site - look forward to meeting new friends

Comment

Thanks for accepting me
      i am a tech sence 1989 trying to keep up with this technology same as everyone i guess so i will try to help out. I am 50% english and 50% french so mistakes can happen.
      See u all soon.

Comment

Hello, I'm just another bad cap sufferer. I'm mostly angered by PSU failures (versus MB failures) due to bad capacitors. I've already fixed a few monitors' PSUs (those *#$% startup caps...) then I found this site which I found interesting on how others debugged to the same capacitors.
        I just added a homemade ESR meter to my tool arsenal and hope all my bad caps are weeded out and dumped for good...

Comment

Hello all! I work at a small computer repair shop and when I search for things I often come across this forum so I decided to become a member and see things from a perspective that is not of my own or my two co-workers, who are very biased about things. I would like to share my experiences with you as well as learn your your experiences. I am a graduate of Pittsburgh Technical Institute with a concentration in Network Administration, but feel I am still very novice with many things. With that being said, I hope I can help out some people if possible and likewise, find answers or pointers in the right direction for things I just seem to not be able to figure out as well as participate in general conversation.

Comment

Hi, I'm Electronics Engineer from Adelaide, Downunder.
            Got a couple of LCD tvs and laptops that can be repaired. Joining this forum for some hands on knowledge.

Comment

Hello everyone,
              I live in Hilo, Hawaii and am aiming fix recycled lcd tvs in my free time. I studied electronics in community college a couple of years ago and could use some advice and guidance from the more experienced.
              Great site and thanks for the help.

Comment

HI, I am a 55 old portuguese guy, and I found the forum on the net and I think it very good and would like to participate.
                My mane is Joao Soares
                Last edited by paiol2; 11-10-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Hi guys.

I like the style of the forum and since personal info. was requested here is some...

I am Martyn from Somerset UK.
                  I consider myself a generalist and a hacker (ie restore/enhance functionality of equipment) rather
                  than an expert and I attempt most types of DIY. (Although I must admit to having given up on plastering).

I have discovered, by looking at surfing history, that I had consulted this forum more than once in the past.
                  I found the discussions here to be both interesting and useful.
                  The threads seem to keep to the point and are helpful.

Comment

Hey. My name is Gunnar Vingren. Im new to the forum... looking forward to learn, expand my knowledge and give a helping hand as far as I can with my skills.
                    Cheers!

Comment

Hi .This is Jothi Sadhanand.I have just completed my BE and am currently working at Cognizant

Comment

Hello all. My name is Miguel. I have done a few repairs before, I am still a newbie. I like this forum from what I've read on here its a great place to help each other and brainstorm.

Comment

Hi guy's names Dave,New to the Forum,
                          I'm a 54 computer guy from way back,before hard drives.
                          Still into it today,Now into Lcd's and more.
                          Found this Forum when repairing a Viewsonic Lcd.
                          Glad to be a part of it.

Comment

Hi e'body!

Je suis enfant terrible ...

OK. I'm Peter 42 y.o. economist and machine technician from Dravograd in Slovenia (2 MIL residents ... country not the town), bordering Austria.

Electronics is one of my hobbies and I do some appliances repair.
                            In last months I got hands on several things with bad caps as possible source of a failure.

Started to hunt for a affordable (read cheap) and usable (read usable) ESR metter.
                            Google brought me here among other places.

Slovene is my first language. I can communicate in English, Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian and Serbo-Croatian well. With considerably more effort we can chat (kind of) in French or German. My command of other languages (exept Clipper, Basic and VBA) is to week to mention.

That's all folks! For now.
                            Last edited by astroKranz; 11-11-2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iced.Earth View Post
                              Hello all!
                              Welcome, Iced Earth.

Also, awesome band! Eeexcaaaliiibuuuuuur!
                              Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Comment

hi to all, im new here...

how to activate may account?

thank you..
                                Last edited by jhun2x; 11-12-2012, 02:14 AM. Reason: how to activate may account?

Comment

Hello! I've lurked for a couple years having come across this site when a cap popped in an old LCD monitor. Now I've noticed a few bad caps on my mobo and plan on tackling that soon so you can expect a new thread in the coming days. Thanks for existing!

Comment

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I can't believe how many talented and knowledgeable people are in this site. I consider myself a handy guy, but my experience in the electronic field is very limited. I think that with a little guide from experts I can tackle many challenges I may have.Please, just have a lot of patience with me.LOL

Comment

hello everybody,

I'm fairly new in this topic (the capacitors topic) and I would like to say thanks to all for the great info gathered and the help provided in this forum.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                        I'm Michael with 12 years pc support technician and now i do my first steps at component-level repairing!
                                        thanks!

Comment

My name is John. I’ve got two power supply fixes under my belt. I’ve taken a little Electrical Engineering Tech classes at a local Jr College. I’m here to learn how to repair rather than replace.

Comment

Working...
                                          X