This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello i'm a newbe,been around electronics since the 60's mostly consumer products, we do the dlp'd plazma's led lcd's etc.my name is dave we are located in zephyrhills,fl. usa in the central part of fl. thanks for letting me in

Comment

Hello my name is Adelino Gonçalves and I live and work in Sintra, Portugal.
      I've worked with computers and electronics in general for 20 years.
      Today my Boss brought his LG Flatron W1934S with the 2 seconds to black problem so I did a search on Google and your forum was the 3rd from the top...as I get further inside the forum I found useful information and even the service manual for that particular model of monitor, so congrats to everyone who as kept this forum online.

Comment

Just saying hello! I've found this place when was looking for repair hints for a motherboard in HP Media Center PC. Looks like it does not work due to bulged capacitors. 6.3v 1800mF.
        Will try to replace them tomorrow.

Comment

Hi,
          My name is Pekka. I live in Finnland.

Comment

Hi: My name is handy dandy and my only electronically experience is from building Heath kits. I worked for this company for 33years and have build many kits. I don't have an electrical back ground but I enjoy the challenge of fixing anything electrical that has quit working . Things that most people throw away. I just became a member Oct. 10, 2012. I am looking forward to using your forum. Thank you for the most informative site on the internet. Don

Comment

Welcome Don. If you have been working on something electronic for 33 yrs I would say you have a background in electronics. Or did I read that wrong?

Comment

Jordan here. I am currently a fifth-year senior at Central Michigan University studying Information Technology and Electronic Engineering. I love to mod video game consoles including the original Gameboy and Commodore 64's. So far I have repaired three monitors with bad caps for myself to use on my desktop (connected in eyefinity) and have frequently lurked threads touching on "bad caps".

hi

Comment

Thanks to badcaps.net for helping me fix a broken LCD monitor. It was my first soldering experience, and all went well thanks to the advice from this website.

Comment

Hi;
                    My name is Ron...I'm a scuba instructor. I also hold several IT certifcations.. CCNA , MCITP , A+ , Server+ , Security+ , Network+ andGreen IT.
                    I used to have a interest in hobby electronics and have now taken to fixing flat panel monitors "for fun"
                    Ron

Comment

Hello all...
                      just a dumb plumber that takes things apart here.
                      I joined this site because I love the title and the general all around good karma that the admin has promoted with the site.

Comment

Hello all,
                        I'm from Germany and I've been interested in electronics since I can think. Well, about since I went to school, that is.
                        Before I found this forum, I already repaired some devices (mainboards, LCDs) by replacing CAPs, because I don't like this planned obsolescense some manufacturers seem to practice.
                        Well, and it's cheaper to repair of course ^^

Comment

Hi,
                          I'm from Germany too. Currently I go to school. In the next year i want to study electrical engineering. I haven't so much experiences because I began just this year with it. But Im learning continuously. I hope that I can learn a lot of new things here too.

Comment

Cheers! Here to see if I can get some info on repairing a Dell 2405fpw.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello
                              I am Michael from Greece, and it feels good to see that there are other people like me that just refuse to throw something 'broken' and instead try to fix it (or mess it up in my case). Thank God for the experienced guys on this forum.

Comment

Hello,

My name is John and I am 45 years old.I am from Greece.I love your forum and I think that it is very helpfull.

I am a engineer at xerox machines and connectivity between them at a company.

Comment

49 year old newbie who hasn't used a soldering iron in 35 years. My only experience was repairing tube sets with my Dad and older brother when I was a kid.

My Harman Kardon HK14 sub just died after several years of making random sounds like distant thunder or the rare BOOM like someone ran into the house with a truck. Found the solution here (two bad caps) and it looks like I can easily do the repair for under $5. Awesome! If this works out I may spelunk my recently departed iMac next.

Amazing board! Much of the conversation way beyond my knowledge base, but it sends me off in the right direction to educate myself. I guess if you want expert advice - way beyond your knowledge base is precisely right spot to be.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am Francis from Borneo in the East Malaysian state of Sarawak! As a new member, I hope to be able to share and learn from everyone in this forum. Cheers! Be happy and don't forget to always wear a smile and make everyone around you happy!

Comment

Hi all!

My name is Mike.. 31 years old and I work in the high voltage electrical field.. Came across this site while trying to figure out how to get computer that was given to me because "its broken" to work. Hope to work up my skills and meet some new people!

Comment

Hey from New Mexico. My iF281d is crap. Looking forward to showing it who's boss thanks to you guys.

Comment

good forum and regards to all

Comment

Working...
                                          X