This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all I'm Claude. I stumbled upon this site when I was searching for fixes for an issue I am having with my Samsung plasma TV. Hoping to post the problem and get some help.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the invite

Comment

Hi - just registered - have a problem with a big Samsung that I'd like to ask so I'm introducing myself here.

Pete, Surrey, UK

Comment

Hello,
          My name is Mark and I am a 63 year old guy that bought my first Toshiba laptop computer in 1980 for two thousand dollars. That was before windows. I live in Pennsylvania and have difficulty keeping up with current technology.

Comment

hey i signed up here because i wanna fix my monitor and because repairing things in general is accomplishing to me. also i dont wanna throw stuff away when theres only few little parts inside actually broken

Comment

Hi IM David Im from Christchurch New Zealand and im a gamer and computer technician in one. I don't smoke and im not an alcoholic.
              \
              Its been hot this week and my Asus gtx460 768Mb dx11 witch was clocked from 700Mhz to 896Mhz on a modded bios has funnily popped the 270uf 16v cap. I here to find a new one preferably higher rated like maybe higher uf rating and perhaps higher voltage
              I ran the gtx460 at 775 gpu core at 1.012 and 896 at 1.150
              and feel time to mod is as in hand and as I say when thing's crap out don't just fix sort to upgrade. As Christmas is weeks away I cant just buy a new card and I do have a gtx 260 896Mb dx10 the big behemoth it is.
              My main board is a Asus Striker Extreme, a Intel core 2 duo E8600 @4175Ghz
              and 3860x2160 thanks to the now debunked gtx460

Comment

Hi....everyone . Well I guess it is obvious what I do for a job...that's right ...I work as a multicraft maintenance person . I have associate degrees in industrial systems and instrumentation and cantrols. I have been intrigued by solid-state since I took that class.
                I have mostly hobbied with fixin tv's , building lasers. I am working on a 32in Polaroid now and this is what brought me to your forum.

Thanks and have a blessed night

Comment

Good evening guys..

Comment

Hi all I live in chicago USA nice forum you got here.

Comment

HI Im Andrea and live in Avon Lake Ohio. I am attemping to fix my Panasonic TV therefore I joined. Thank you!

Comment

My name is Mr. KRISHNA Moorthy, aged 70+, basically an automobile engineer by profession,enjoyed serving more than 4 decades in automobile service Industry of various Origin.
                        Electronics is my hobby from childhood & i prefer to enrich my knowledge.
                        Badcap.net, is THE BEST site i have come across for detailed , easy,& Hands-on experience.
                        I have repaired a few laptops, Mobile phones, T.Vs, etc as honorary job.
                        I feel Lucky & Happy to be a part of this Forum.

Comment

My name is Mr. KRISHNA Moorthy, aged 70+, basically an automobile engineer by profession,enjoyed serving more than 4 decades in automobile service Industry of various Origin.
                          Electronics is my hobby from childhood & i prefer to enrich my knowledge.
                          Badcaps.net, is THE BEST site i have come across for detailed , easy,& Hands-on experience.
                          I have repaired a few laptops, Mobile phones, T.Vs, etc as honorary job.
                          I feel Lucky & Happy to be a part of this Forum.

Comment

Hi, my name is Chris, and I am in the Houston, Texas area. I am kind of a jack of all trades, yet somehow I have never gotten around to using a multimeter until this week, as my plasma screen has malfunctioned. There are some threads here which directly relate to my problem, and I love to learn new things, so along with my buddy youtube and some posts here I am going to get this fixed.

Nice to meet all of you!!

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is aL....

I've been a DIY for some time & build my own PC's-

Later'

Comment

Hello all. My name is Robert Patterson, and I would like to say how much I appreciate this forum as a resource for information on tv repair and theory. Im not a professional TV guy, I happen to be an electrician by trade, and I do some tv and computer repair as a hobby. I pick up non-functional stuff from swap meets and thrift stores, repair them, and give them out to friends and family who normally wouldnt be able to afford them on their own. Plus, its a bit fun; I like to tinker. So, thanks again, and im looking forward to being part of the group.

Comment

hi guys iam new here so i figure i introduce myself, i have been into computers since the windows xp days and still fixing computers to this day. iam currently going to school to be in the IT field sooner or later.

Comment

Hello to the forum! Have been interested in electrical things since I was 10. In the 70s I was repairing radios, TVs and stereos. Since 1984 have been working on and building PCs. Did it professionally for 15 years. Am retired now but still keep my soldering iron going! Heard about this forum from a fellow ham that was passing through town. I hope I can add to the knowledge here. Thanks for letting me join.

Comment

Howdy ! new one here, been looking for solutions to all my electronic problems and come upon this forum. I'm a 50ish enthusiast in electronics and still interested to know more. Glad to have found this place and thanks for accepting. Have a good day y'all . . .

Comment

Hello everyone--I'm trying to fix a vizio lcd tv that almost certainly has a tab bond issue. I've fixed other things like motherboards with popped capacitors, but this one is driving me nuts (along with an LCD display on a yamaha electric piano). Have had good advice here before but I do need access now where I can see pictures posted. Thanks.

Comment

hello group,

I am here for info, i fix many tvs, i also part out alot more and the parts are on ebay. I am currently working on a LG plasma. This site is full of useful info and i have visited many times. I respect everyones input and look forward to learning more from all of you.Thanks for having me, together we will save the world, from broken tvs

Comment

Working...
                                          X