Reducing memory usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reducing memory usage

Not using virtual memory in W98 would be rare except maybe for some old 16-bit DOS programs that happen to run in W98..

If you want those to run fast then use DOS.
    Last edited by PCBONEZ; 06-24-2011, 07:09 PM.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Re: Reducing memory usage

Originally posted by Wizard View Post
      1. 486 is not a pentium. 486 operates on one cycle per instruction as opposed to pentium's 2 instructions per cycle and pentium is much efficient when MHz is above 90-100 and up.

2. There is no such as "586". This sticker was seen on junky clone boards unless you are referring to Crytrix 5x86 and other early clone of "586" processors by other makes.
      AMD did not use this, only on a 5x86 which is a CPU that plugs right into late 486 socket and ran at 133MHz and they also bought out design from a company long ago for IP to make K5 and redid CPU and marketed for short time as K5 then AMD came out with K6 that we know so well.

Cheers, Wizard
      My apologies Wizard, I misspoke - the Toshiba I have is a Pentium 75mhz, but it is an 80586 processor architecture which is also the same thing as saying P5 architecture, or generation 5.
      If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, you'd better vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot!

Comment

Working...
      X