Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 (Quanta FL5 DAFL5CMB6C) - water on ISL6237, no 3VCPU, no 5VCPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 (Quanta FL5 DAFL5CMB6C) - water on ISL6237, no 3VCPU, no 5VCPU

Help fellow newb out! Fix his old salave netbook and learn fixing stuff in process.
    ISL6237 had coffee damage, cleaned it with benzine. VIN is present, there is no 3VCPU and no 5VCPU. What do I replace? ISL6237 or PQ51, PQ52, PQ50, PQ55?
    (isl6237 is two months away from china, no local availability)
    What will be the most likely culprit here?

full size - https://ibb.co/6s0Q7rW

Attached boardview + schematics
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 (Quanta FL5 DAFL5CMB6C) - water on ISL6237, no 3VCPU, no 5VC

What voltage’s do you get on pin 1 3 4 5 7
    Last edited by Techtiger; 12-09-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 (Quanta FL5 DAFL5CMB6C) - water on ISL6237, no 3VCPU, no 5VC

Measure resistance to ground on +3VPCU and +5VPCU.
      Measure voltage on enable signals and LDO outputs.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

pin1 --> 3.57V
        pin3 --> 3.57V
        pin4 --> 4.35V
        pin5 --> ~60.0mV
        note pin5 goes to PR98, on the other side of PR98 REFIN2, which is 3.57V
        THERE IS NO PR98 on the board, there is place for it, there are pads for it, but PR98 is absent
        it does not look like there was ever something on those pads, they look factory
        Put jumper??

pin7 --> -0.00mV
        note pin5 to ground resistance 0.8 Ohm

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Resistance -->

LDO to 3VPCU (measured PC148 to PL14) --> 1.2 Ohm
        LDO to 5VPCU (measured PC148 to PL13) --> 8.6 kOhm
        PC148 (pin7 LDO) to ground --> 0 Ohm, short (took off and checked PC148, it's normal)

Full size -- https://ibb.co/RS3RxQP

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
          Measure voltage on .... LDO outputs.
          +3VPCU to ground = 0.5 Ohm
          +5VPCU to ground = 9.01 kOhm

EN1, EN2 pin14, pin27 3V5V_EN --> -0.00V

About measuring voltage on LDO output, I'm a newb, I would need help with this one, where exactly? If LDO itself, pin7, then it's -0.00V, that thing is shorted to ground.

Which pins are LDO output?

Last edited by u666sa; 12-09-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Your chip is bad. Remove the chip,clean the pad,pins and then check resistance on pin7

Comment

I replaced PU7.. There was no original in the store, so I used analog DS8206A -- datasheet https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...270d18a4ca.pdf

I checked resistances, all seemed normal, gave it power and magic smoke come from U7
              which is IT8502E., multicontroller.

I took U7 off and measured voltages and resistances

LDO --> 3VPCU == 170.5 kOhm
              LDO --> 5VPCU == 207 kOhm

3VPCU --> GROUND == 72.5 Ohm
              5VPCU --> GROUND == 8.32 kOhm

3VPCU == 0 V
              5VPCU == 0 V

VIN is not coming to PU7, but without U7 it shouldn't be coming there, correct?

Now I have an IT8502E from a donor, but before I stick in there, perhaps I should check some stuff in order to prevent more magic smoke?

What to check?

Comment

3VPCU --> GROUND == 72.5 Ohm- Shorted line.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                  3VPCU --> GROUND == 72.5 Ohm- Shorted line.

I've taken down PL14 on 3VPCU circuit, so that IS6237 won't interfear.
                  I've attached a test point wire to pin2 of PL4 pad, OUT2, this is from where 3VPCU should come out.

Then I took off everything on that line that got hot.

That is
                  in the order that I took them off
                  keep in mind that U7
                  IT8502E multicontroller was already off at this point

U9
                  W25X80AVSSIG

D11

PU4
                  ISL88731A
                  battery charger
                  and then PQ39 and PQ37 next to it

Resistance of 3VPCU to GROUND is now 27.9 kOhm

Does this mean, those components are bad and should I replace them, it might work again?

Comment

@u666sa

I believe You decided to Remove all of them, because of the temperature they Had reached?

Really, i don't think all of them are Bad. You should have measure the Résistance to GND of +3VPCU after the removal of each component to confirm which one(s) is/are Short to GND.

After replacing the faulty IC(s) you Always should Check Resistance to GND around the IC before Power in the Board to prevent situations Like this.
                    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
                      @u666sa

I believe You decided to Remove all of them, because of the temperature they Had reached?

Really, i don't think all of them are Bad. You should have measure the Résistance to GND of +3VPCU after the removal of each component to confirm which one(s) is/are Short to GND.

After replacing the faulty IC(s) you Always should Check Resistance to GND around the IC before Power in the Board to prevent situations Like this.
                      Hey man,
                      That case is almost 2 years old

Comment

Oooops...
                        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Working...
                        X