need help in replacing dead notebook processor's fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help in replacing dead notebook processor's fan

hey all, i need help.. a friend of mine was trying to fix his dead notebook processor's fan.

the replacement fan has wires color that didn't match with the original fan.. (the connector is different too). so, the idea is to cut the cables+connector from the old fan and wired it the new one. the problem is, the old cable has three color: red, blue, and orange. so, anyone know what is the color for the (+), (-), and rpm/signal?
    days are so short when you actually do something..

Re: need help in replacing dead notebook processor's fan

even there are standards they are not quite rules and not followed by everybody, if you want a closer/better answer you could at least mention brands/models and/or pics.

as for what i got around here: vcc->red, gnd->black, sgn->blue.

id advise to you open the fan check and it out, fail safe option, imo.

peace.
    We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.

Comment

With the case open, I would check for ground by performing a continuity check using your DMM. Place/connect the black probe on the cpu heatsink or on a point you know is grounded and probe the leads at the fan plug with the red probe.

For +12V, power up the laptop and wait until the cpu gets to the point when a signal is sent to the fan to turn on. Again, probe the plug for the 12V.

Comment

thanks all, he did it with the..
        red -- +5v
        blue -- ground
        orange -- signal

the new fan:

note that he use a superglue to stick the new fan into the old frame.. it works!

this is the old dead fan:

btw, the laptop is Axioo zeta something...
        Attached Files
        days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Working...
        X