This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Forgot to say something about myself. I am a chap from Romania than is interested in learning how to diagnose and repair my monitor or any other electronics in the house. I have very little kbowledge about it even if my grandfather and father had inventor brevets on telecomunications. Thx and hope i will repair my monitor instead of buying other.

Comment

Hi... Charlie here... Retired USAF Electronics... I dabble with computers and Monitors and TV's. I might need some help and assistance pretty soon!!! Thanks...

Comment

Haey, lemme introduce myself:
        George, Brazilian, Electronics engineering student (and a fail at that! :P )
        19 year old, been messing with electricity since I was 4, computer user since 2 1/2 years old, hardware hacker/repairman since 10, entered the forum to get a laugh, learn even more and laugh at exploded stuff and component pr0n (is it OK to say that?)
        Well, I guess that's the basics
        Of course it doesn't work, the polarity on that resistor is wrong!

Comment

Hello All

My name is Aaro and I am from Finland.

Best
          Aaro

Comment

Hello
            Joey
            From Michigan. Found this forum trying to repair an rca TV. Haven't successfully repaired it yet but I did manage to fix an insignia the other day using info found here.

Comment

Hi
              My name is Devon. Live in Alpine,CA
              I repair HDTVs for a hobby. Latest fix, Sony Bravia 52" XBR7
              Hope to meet others here with the same amount of enjoyment of fixing electronics.

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                Just joined and saying a quick hello to everyone. Great to be on board!
                Dan

Comment

My Profile

My name is Del Alpha Pingu. A telecommunication Engineering student studying in Cameroon at the University of Buea. i'm 23 yrs old.Single and hoping

Comment

Pls help

Hello,

I have a Dell 1707FP which when connected to mains power shows no sign of life - no power light nothing and no response when pressing the buttons. I have taken the monitor apart and there appears to be no blown or damaged capacitors. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong with it? I have tested the LCD panel itself with another monitor and that works fine.

Thanks
                    Attached Images
                    File Type: jpg Dell 1707FP PSU.JPG (134.6 KB, 128 views)

Comment

Hi all,
                      in my teenage I was playing Quake and this game get me to understand pc, overclock them, and then to work in a Lan Party shop where all my experience was great, then I managed to understand linux, networks, programming, websites, and now, well we have a lot of Hardware that needs some PCB soldering, but as a Newbie in soldering pcb... here I am arrived at this good forum, hope to fix a lot of things that are in my room waiting me.. :o

Comment

Hello all,

Be sniffing around the forum for a few days but finally registered today.
                        The more I read the less I understand; but the more I want too..

Comment

hey
                          i think my gt 240 blew up or leaked

Comment

Hello. I have a problem with a plasma tv and I hope info I find on badcaps will help me fix it.

Comment

Hi, I'm an IT guy who loves fixing broken stuff. We throw away too much decent kit for the lack simple diagnostics (and some decent caps of course!). Very glad to find this board and looking forward to giving and getting some assistance. Cheers !

Comment

I have been working around the computer industry since 1966. Here because I am having a problem with my own laptop that has me baffled, so hoping I can find some help here. Referred by a person on another forum to this one.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Chris. I am a graduate student studying Biomedical Sciences and am trying separately to fix my gaming monitor.

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                    Im a DIY'er Tampa Bay area. I wish I had logged the things I have repaired but didnt
                                    Now im exploring more into the electronics world. Hope I do well! this looks like a great place to start.

Comment

Hi folks
                                      Just an intro here, I have a Gigabyte and an Epox motherboard, both with blown caps, which I will have a go at recapping (well maybe not the Epox, its a bit old hat now), will post the details in the respective areas a bit later.
                                      Cheers.

Comment

Good Evening from a dark & rainy West London UK
                                        My name is Kevin and I am in the process of starting up a 'start up, computer recycling company - ECR Services
                                        Working my way through from replacing parts to now repairing (various bga/ic reworking machines, testers, etc slowly being fired up and used in earnest!)
                                        Currently having fun with Compaq bios & battery charging circuit issues on motherboards (won't be beaten!)
                                        Great reading through this forum and the fault finding advice & help offered, looking forward to posting and 'getting involved'

Comment

Hi, my name's Adam and I am an mechatronic engineering student from NZ. I cam across this forum through searching for help with troubleshooting my defective plasma tv.

Comment

Working...
                                          X