5v rail to high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5v rail to high

I'm still not buying it. I think it is time to name this supply and put up a schematic. These things are generally complex and well regulated supplies. True, they might need a simple load plug to actually draw a minimum current, but beyond that the 12v and 5v outputs should be right on.

It applied to picture tube tv's and it applies to switching power supplies: these flyback things are like a balloon. If you grab one part and squeeze it (tweak it), another bubble appears in a different place. The whole group of secondary outputs work together, even if they aren't on the same secondary winding. If looking carefully at the schematic doesn't get results, I would scrap this one for parts. That's my personal opinion.
    Is it plugged in?

Comment

Sadly this is the only PSU I have, well I have others but they are worst than this , you can't buy anything better here without being rich and I don't think you could get an schematic, it's an Agiler AGI-ps1000

Comment

Hi guys, did someone find anything about the psu?
        Last edited by Drack; 01-06-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Update: the PSU is working fine, one of the DMM that I use to measure the voltages was bad and the other one had some dirty tracks on the PCB which affected measurements and a bad negative lead, 12 volts it's actually 12.33 at idle and 12.16 at full load with prime 95 and furmark running and 5v is at 5.19 at idle and 5.27 at load everything stable, the capacitors are doing fine (at least visually) the PSU exhaust air is just warm so I think it'll be fine, also I only use this pic like 3 to 4 times a month. Again thanks for everything guys.

Comment

lol
            you can never have too many meters.
            i have 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Drack View Post
              Update: the PSU is working fine, one of the DMM that I use to measure the voltages was bad and the other one had some dirty tracks on the PCB which affected measurements and a bad negative lead
              Yup, most of my cheap multimeter do that. I just have to rotate the dial several times to clean the oxidized contacts. After that, they read voltage okay... provided that their batteries are also good, of course (low battery = high voltage measurement.)

Originally posted by stj View Post
              i have 5.
              You can say that again.

I have only 4, but two are Harbor Freight Tools freebies, so not great quality. Another one is a cheapie as well, but a little better than the HFT meters (and I put good probes on it, so that makes it considerably better ). So my only good meter is a Radio Shack one - the more expensive models (though I got it for cheap on eBay.) It's no Fluke, but it's a major step-up from any cheap or even entry-level decent meter.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                lol
                i have 5.
                I second that motion.

Ive got a digital Uni-T, an older analog RadioShack, and the good 'ol' Fluke digital.
                Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

We had 3 meters in my house, I had an analog that never worked like it should, and 2 digitals, one died after 10+ years of abuse(my dad dropped it a lot and the case was all broken) and the yaxun that is still working but it came missing one of the Ball bearings that make pressure on the dial and some black gunk that affected measurements.

Comment

Working...
                  X