This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello new to the site, I found some real helpful info on here hoping to find some more and maybe offer some help now and again.

Comment

hello evr1 new to site got side tracked looking for something else on net but happy i found you all

Comment

Hi. Just came here based on a google search to help fix my Samsung 2493HM monitor that just went black on me.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Hardware repair technician here 15+ years repair systems and PCBs. Found this form while looking for an board schematic.

Seems to be my kind of place, and I hope I can contribute as well.

Regards, James

Comment

Hello, I am Oreo

Comment

Hello!

I'm b2aht204 and very interested in hacking hardware...

solong, greetings

Comment

New to the forum. Comfortable working with electronics boards and testing. Built two MAME machines, cap fix monitors and fix all my own electronics (when they are within my means of fixing!). Even though it's not my career... I am always doing something with testing or building.

Finally a forum where I can get help when it's beyond my norm!

Comment

Hello All, I am new to this forum and really interested to get and share information. I am basically an engineer and has hands on knowledge about electronics. Interested in basic trouble shooting and getting my stuff at home working and support friends in need. Not a professional at all. I am basically a Ham Radio operator as well.

Comment

hello there, im new here, nice to meet you all

Comment

Just dropping in to say "hi".

Comment

Hello and Hej from Sweden. Found this exellent forum and could not resist. Working with any system, right now fixing 10 year old laptop for a friend, it's working why buy a new? Mostly mac user but depend on other systems as well.

Comment

Hi from portugal, i pick up stuff from e-waste bins and fix them. Last haul was some speakers with one wire from the cord cuted probably from misuse. Ez fix.

Comment

Hello, my husband reads these forums everyday, I wont say his name and i have falsified my location because this is a secret. I am hoping to get permissions to make a post requesting all the folks here that love fixing electronics to give me some gift ideas for my man. Something every guy who tinkers should have. Who knows maybe he will see the post and tell me himself what he wants without even knowing it !

Comment

Hi All, New to the site. Havn't done a lot of electronics in a long time, so I'm a bit rusty. Background is HND electronics, BENG Hons Electronics and computers and MSc in computiing and intelligent systems. Now I'm a process engineer using none of my skills. . Anyway I used to be a dab hand at fault finding and using an iron.

Comment

Hi,
                                I am not so young, but not so old.
                                I started deal with electronics many years ago and I still learn.
                                I will share my knowledge with others, when they need and I know the correct answer.
                                Internet was created to spread the science.
                                Let's do it together.

Comment

Hi, Mike from Pittsburgh here. Total DIY newbie always trying to learn how to do something as I have a bunch of rentals and need to be able to fix stuff fairly often. My own stuff breaks sometimes too---like a plasma TV Im trying to save.

I look forward to learning useful things on this site. That is all.

Comment

Hello

Most everybody calls me DrO (or DrOli sometimes). I am, mostly, a "math geek". Have started to take deeper interest electronics being triggered by my desire to fix my Samsung TV's wonky power supply, and taught myself enough about caps, soldering etc to succeed.

Now on to more ambitious, though still newbie, tasks :-)

Comment

Just wanted to say Howdy Do?...and introduce myself. JBird's the name. I discovered the forum when I was searching for Sony Bravia error codes, and I've already found loads of helpful info. As of right now I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out the model of a particular IC chip from a Hitachi buffer board....chip reads 815ALA....L6V52192.....C0801JPN. Any input will be greatly appeciated!

Comment

Hi all, Alex here,

But please, just call me Froggy. This is my first time posting on a forum. I'll try and not get sucked in too hard, gotta stay busy ^^ but if there was ever a forum to subscribe to, I might actually have found it here.

I live in a well-off area of the greater Paris, where every week people throw away their "old" electronics on the pavement. I've recently taken to picking some of it up, messing with it, and even diagnosing machines and components, especially computers, in order to either use them myself later or sell them online. Scavenging is actually pretty fun. And these objects all have a different story to tell.

I found this forum while trying to diagnose a Sony KDL 37V4500 I found on a Sunday night a mile from my flat. The poor (and heavy) thing may have served as a voodoo puppet thingy, idk. I can picture some angry ex keying the screen and cutting the power cable. On the other hand, the thing was manufactured in 2008, sold quite a few years back judging from the amount of dust inside aand scratches on the case, and did display symptoms of a faulty AS15 chip on the T-con board, after I changed the power cable. How mysterious. Maybe the owner, feeling cheated off his god-given right to watch the world cup while drinking cheap beer, tried to hurt Sony back through their TV? Hmm.

But I digress. In short, I'm a curious newbie with time on their hands and a still functionnal brain, so I'm digging in. But I don't think I'll be able to help people around or answer technical questions quite yet. I live in hope.

Yours,

Alex

Comment

Hi, my name is John and I'm neither a tech professional or an aspirant to this matter, I'm a bartender and cocktail maker which spends the whole of his life complaining of how frustrating life is to not be applying my expectations and dreams onto something more exciting as programing or electronic, but ohh well I'm just another one of the many with no other option than spend every minute possible trying to use my brain into something more exciting as this, and that's why I'm here, finding more information to captivate my gray mass, making the best of all to one day stop serving drinks and foods to people that don't understand what they are fed. Try not to get too affected by my depressive way to see the world cause is not too worth. Nice to be part of this

Comment

Working...
                                          X