X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi

I service microscopes and often have electrical problems to resolve. I am here to learn some theory and practical tips.

Thanks - it looks like a great forum.

John
    Newcastle upon Tyne

Comment

love repair of everything elecrical and computerised
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-30-2022, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Here we are.
        Professional electronic designer, fix stuff in free time, among the first member of the https://therestartproject.org/

Here because I'm struggling to repair a 2 yo Acer notebook.

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm from Hungary, an IT guy, with some amateur level interest in HW and electronics, so don't beat me very hard if I ask something silly. :-)

Comment

Hello everybody,

I am also from Hungary, and I fix notebooks, graphics cards, and children's toys as a hobby. I am also quite proficient in the KNX home automation system, so I will try to answer related questions if I can and if they come up.

If I am going to ask questions concerning repair, I will be as precise as possible, I can promise that.

Thank you for having me!

Comment

Good Luck and health to all

I went all over the place to find the bios of my Sony VAIO VPC-W11S1E and I did not find anything, now I have arrived in this forum where I hope to find what I am looking for, but also to help if I can whoever needs it, I have built several for passion electronic circuits I repaired televisions and computers in the 80s, now I have a family and I can no longer do what I like, in the short time left I try not to lose my knowledge. Good creativity to all.

Comment

Im sure i introduced my self in past, but stil cant post so will try again. Hi im David. I love to try fix all things rather than bin and replace i have grankids they are good at braking stuf. Iv gathered few tools multimeeter powersuply soldering things, and genly get the job done. I have made stuff wors at times but with the help from reading on here defo helps with the problems, thanx to all

Comment

Hi, thank you for your existence!

Comment

Hello, I'm here to find a solution with my BIOS chip that I can't erase properly. I'm from Poland and I found a lot of similar threads on that forum.

Comment

Good day to you people, I'm merely a person that tinkers with computers to gain a better understanding of how they work in a basic sense, Although my efforts are impeded by my own impudence. I have created this account to try finding the bios dump of the Lenovo Chromebook C340-11 model, but may stick around if I need other answers.

Comment

Hi there! My name is Mike and I'm a professional musician and sound tech from NZ who dabbles with electronic repair work. My Dad was a Electrical Engineer and he left me a lot of test equipment when he passed away. Now to learn how to use it!

Thanks in advance team! I'm really glad I found this place.

Comment

Hello everybody. I'm Mirko from Argentina. Started reading this forum for some time and finally i took the decision to make an account.

Comment

Hi
                            I'm Jez (Shrewsbury UK) just dipping my toes into a potential hobby of repairing things the family have made good use of and might of let the smoke out of.
                            Guided here by "learn electronics repair" over on YouTube.
                            I'm accelerating towards year 60, and finding this electronics stuff very interesting.

Comment

Hello!!!

Comment

Greetings!

I've always been interested/fascinated with electronics. It was thrilling to witness the transition from slide rules to calculators in school, then to watch the battle between TI's Algebraic Operating System and HP's Reverse Polish Notation for dominance in the calculator world.

I enlisted in the US Air Force in 1978 as an ATC ground radio repairman. Retired early in 1995. During that entire span, I only performed the job for which I was trained just one year. Got my first experience had soldering surface mount components during the four years I was in Nevada as part of a modification to the Communitronics VHF transmitters we used in our intrusion detection system.

As for computers, I soldered together my first one - a Sinclair ZX81 - from a $99 kit. Got a used TRS-80 Model I next and stayed loyal to the brand for years, to the point that I married the Radio Shack saleswoman that sold me my TRS-80 Model 100 laptop. (How's that for loyalty?) Eventually I started building my own systems, and when the caps on the motherboard blew, I'd replace them to keep the system going.

After I retired from the military, I worked at a local computer store for 13 months where I was introduced to the "sink-or-swim" method of on-the-job training. It was harsh, but effective. I learned so much in that short span of time.

I've spent the last 26 years working in a vocational high school in Ohio as a computer technician. While I haven't had to replace caps on very many motherboards, we do have a good number of a ViewSonic LCD monitor model (VA2431wm) that blows them after eight or nine years that I get to fix.

Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Hello All, looking forward to posting on the forum. Ths

Comment

Greetings from Madrid. My tv doesn’t switch on and I need to see a picture, that’s why I registered.

I have some background in electronics but I forgot most of that stuff (20 years have passed).

Comment

Hi,

Just starting learning electronics repair. Have been fixing phones purchased off Ebay by simply replaceing parts. Now have a microscope and Hot air station to do work on board level repairs.

Always enjoy learning and fixing things. Am unemployed at the moment so I am hoping to learn enough to make a small business doing simple repairs which can be expanded over time.

I am a Jehovah's Witness which means I try and live by high moral standards and do the best job possible in all I do. Not easy sometimes, but so worth it.

Look forward to learning more and giving the best I can.

Have struggled with mental health issues for half my life so being consistent is a challenge but I keep trying to learn despite the challenges so that I can be content and live a fulfilling life.

Comment

Hey guys/gals,
                                        Ive been an electronics hobbyist for a while and have taken a quick course on electronic theory at a local college in Toronto. I often find myself trying to find an excuse to take things apart, for the rush of learning how it works. I love tube amplifiers and stereo equipment. I'm happy to have found this forum

Comment

Hi all, I'm an electronics newbie and I am kinda glad i found this forum!

Comment

Working...
                                          X