ACER AL2423W - no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACER AL2423W - no display

I have switch the powerboard with another one and the monitor works. The problem is that i can't keep the powerboard so i want to repair it.

Comment

Originally posted by tonnes
      I have switch the powerboard with another one and the monitor works. The problem is that i can't keep the powerboard so i want to repair it.
      Post top and bottom pictures of the power board. If you still have the good one, measure the same points on the connector to the inverter.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I have been searching and when i put an external power at the three 19V pins at the connector of the inverter board and i turn on the power of the monitor the same time the backlight goes on and stays on even when i put away the external power. If iI turn the monitor off and turn it on the backlight stays off. I think its like a sort off current limiter.
        I hope you understand it because my english is not so good.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have been searching and when i put an external power at the three 19V pins at the connector of the inverter board and i turn on the power of the monitor the same time the backlight goes on and stays on even when i put away the external power. If iI turn the monitor off and turn it on the backlight stays off. I think its like a sort off current limiter.
          I hope you understand it because my english is not so good.
          Your English is more than adequate.

I believe you are correct. The area around the 19 Volt rectifier looks very unhealthy. This is also a very interesting design; I have never seen one of these with THREE transformers, and three smps controllers.

I've marked up the top view of the power board. Check the value of the two resistors circled in red. They appear to be discolored, and could be the cause of the overheating. I have circled 5 capacitors in blue. One or two of those filters the supply for the 19V / 12V SMPS controller. If those are bad it MIGHT cause the problem you are seeing. And it is also possible the 19Volt rectifier (also circled in red) is defective. You could try replacing that.

PlainBill
          Attached Files
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I've changed the five capacitors that you have circled in blue and it's working!!!!
            I've got one question: When I turn on my computer the monitor starts with "no signal". I am getting signal when i have to fill in my password so i don't see my bios etc. I am using the dvi cable and windows 7 at 1920x1200.

Thanks very much for the advice everyone who helped me.

Comment

I've changed the five capacitors that you have circled in blue and it's working!!!!
              I've got one question: When I turn on my computer the monitor starts with "no signal". I am getting signal when i have to fill in my password so i don't see my bios etc. I am using the dvi cable and windows 7 at 1920x1200.

Thanks very much for the advice everyone who helped me.
              Glad to hear it's working. I suspect the 'no signal' problem is a function of the bios or Windows 7 initially defaulting to VGA output.

PlainBill

Comment

I've been searching the "no signal" problem during the boot proces of my computer and found this article. I've tried it and it worked for me.
                When I boot up my computer with DVI I can now see the bios etc. This is the link:
                http://blog.komeil.com/2008/06/fixin...no-signal.html

Tonnes

Comment

I've been searching the "no signal" problem during the boot proces of my computer and found this article. I've tried it and it worked for me.
                  When I boot up my computer with DVI I can now see the bios etc. This is the link:
                  http://blog.komeil.com/2008/06/fixin...no-signal.html

Tonnes
                  Congratulations, and thanks for the update.

PlainBill

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12979[/URL]

I am trying to replace the inverterboard pictured above on my Acer AL2423W but can't seem to find the part anywhere. I have tried all of the part numbers listed on the board and nothing.. Would anyone happen to know where i can locate this part? Thanks..
                    Last edited by twistedlizzard; 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM. Reason: Forgot to post image

Comment

Originally posted by twistedlizzard
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12979[/URL]

I am trying to replace the inverterboard pictured above on my Acer AL2423W but can't seem to find the part anywhere. I have tried all of the part numbers listed on the board and nothing.. Would anyone happen to know where i can locate this part? Thanks..
                      What is wrong with it? Why not repair the original board?

PlainBill

Comment

Replaced the power supply.. Still same issue.. Changed all three fuses with new ones on the power board and still no display. Totally clueless now on what is wrong with it. When you power it on, the light goes to green then changes to orange and nothing.. not even the logo comes up on the screen. Any ideas?

Comment

No display - means no backlight, but display shows a picture, or backlight is on, when power led is green, and off, when power led is orange.
                          The second option might be caused by no voltage on display controller (on LVD cable)

Comment

Hello everybody.
                            My Acer X241W is suffering of something that I believe could be related to bad cap. I can switch the monitor on and get nice image but after a few seconds the screen would turn black (no image, no blacklight). Only way to get back to image is switch off then on, but after few seconds same problem.

The monitor uses the same PSU described on this thread (FSP112 3F01) and I believe I could find at least two caps that look bulged to me ( CS11 and CS12 both 25V 650uF). There is a third cap that looks different from all the other, CS13 - 25V 100uF). The top looks ok but the cap is actually higher from the ground and there is something that looks like black rubber underneath. Is that to be replaced too? What do you think?

I am attaching two pics. Thanks!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crocowhile
                              Hello everybody.
                              My Acer X241W is suffering of something that I believe could be related to bad cap. I can switch the monitor on and get nice image but after a few seconds the screen would turn black (no image, no blacklight). Only way to get back to image is switch off then on, but after few seconds same problem.

The monitor uses the same PSU described on this thread (FSP112 3F01) and I believe I could find at least two caps that look bulged to me ( CS11 and CS12 both 25V 650uF). There is a third cap that looks different from all the other, CS13 - 25V 100uF). The top looks ok but the cap is actually higher from the ground and there is something that looks like black rubber underneath. Is that to be replaced too? What do you think?

I am attaching two pics. Thanks!
                              Yes, replace the three caps you mentioned, they are all bad. I would have replaced CS10 as well. It's the same brand and model as the others, and if it's not bad now, it will be shortly.
                              ------------
                              Be a mensch

Comment

That CS13 is bulged downside - CS16 might be bad,too (the same voltage/capacitance).
                                I highly recommend to replace CS14 and CS15. They could fail in short time (see start of this thread).

Comment

Originally posted by dondrusco
                                  That CS13 is bulged downside - CS16 might be bad,too (the same voltage/capacitance).
                                  I highly recommend to replace CS14 and CS15. They could fail in short time (see start of this thread).
                                  I have ordered replacements for CS10-13 and CS16 right after writing the post. Now that you mentioned it, I should have ordered 14 and 15 too :/

Comment

Don't worry, that two CS14 and CS15 have other manufacturer (TEAPO?). I had CapXon there. But it worths to replace, when you are in.

Comment

Caps arrived today in the mail (digi-key); I replaced CS10-16 although only three were clearly bulged. $5 and I am back in business! Worked like a charm (at least so it seems, till now; let's keep fingers crossed). Thanks folks.

Comment

looks like it has afpc and 2 seperate supplies.
                                        one for +5 and +12 and the other for +19 for the inverter?
                                        Originally posted by PlainBill
                                        Your English is more than adequate.

I believe you are correct. The area around the 19 Volt rectifier looks very unhealthy. This is also a very interesting design; I have never seen one of these with THREE transformers, and three smps controllers.

I've marked up the top view of the power board. Check the value of the two resistors circled in red. They appear to be discolored, and could be the cause of the overheating. I have circled 5 capacitors in blue. One or two of those filters the supply for the 19V / 12V SMPS controller. If those are bad it MIGHT cause the problem you are seeing. And it is also possible the 19Volt rectifier (also circled in red) is defective. You could try replacing that.

PlainBill

Comment

I'm not sure, but there are three feedback optoelements.
                                          But probably yes - one for +5 and +12V and one for +19V
                                          Last edited by dondrusco; 05-21-2010, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X