Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

benq G2420HD

Hi guys,
    This is the my first post on these forums, I have a good grasp of electrical theory. Problem is I don't to do PCB work very often and I'm quite rusty at the moment. I really would like to gain a bit more exp. troubleshooting and repairing at a component lvl. In saying that it leads me to my first issue.

I have a G2420HD BenQ PC monitor that I use with DVI-D (single link). Today I was using my PC as per usual when all of a sudden the video image disappeared and all I was left with was a white screen. I believe this to be the back-lighting only. So I rebooted as you do, only to be met with the same blank white screen. My mate and I who consider ourselves to be quite PC-savvy started troubleshooting, ruling out the GFX card by testing my PC on his monitor with success. So I have pulled the monitor apart and have discovered 3 things of note. A mainboard, a smaller video board and the ribbon cable that connects the LCD screen to the video board.

I have inspected the capacitors and no bulging or electrolyte leakage is evident. All solder joints look solid with minimal frosting (likely machine joints), and no blackening of any joints is evident. Does anyone have any exp. with this kind of repair. As I would like to start multimeter testing from the right point. I can take pictures of the components if necessary.

Cheers
    * Sorry could admin please move this to correct board.
    Last edited by Grundell; 05-27-2013, 08:28 AM. Reason: Wrong board.
Working...
X