Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshiba 40L1333DB - Standby light (LED) is blinking red & green with 0.5s interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 40L1333DB - Standby light (LED) is blinking red & green with 0.5s interval

Hi. I have a problem with my Toshiba TV (40L1333DB).
    It was working perfectly (I use it with PC HDMI only). Then one day it's LED started blinking red & green with 0.5s interval. No picture or sound whatsoever. Didn't respond to remote control or power button either. I unplugged it from power socket, plugged back in. It worked. I had to do it every time I switched it on for about 2-3 weeks. Now, when I do that, it just keeps blinking red & green. Even if I re-plug it, it doesn't help. I've been on so many forums and watched YouTube videos, nothing really helps me. I mean - if it worked before, why isn't it working now?
    Any replies will be appreciated. Cheers.

Re: Toshiba 40L1333DB - Standby light (LED) is blinking red & green with 0.5s interva

Research on 17mb95 flashing Led fault.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Re: Toshiba 40L1333DB - Standby light (LED) is blinking red & green with 0.5s interva

Whats the full mainboard number including any numbers of stickers etc this does sound like a firmware issue to me i dont know if you get get the software for these boards so may have to look for a cheap replacement board.

http://www.tv.quuq.org/forum/index.php?topic=10009.0
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 11-30-2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        Whats the full mainboard number including any numbers of stickers etc this does sound like a firmware issue to me i dont know if you get get the software for these boards so may have to look for a cheap replacement board.

http://www.tv.quuq.org/forum/index.php?topic=10009.0
        Thanks for your reply.
        Where do I get these numbers?
        I read the post (link you provided) and downloaded FIRMWARE software for 40L1333DB. How can I update my TV, if it's not turning on?
        Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by asek94 View Post
          Thanks for your reply.
          Where do I get these numbers?
          I read the post (link you provided) and downloaded FIRMWARE software for 40L1333DB. How can I update my TV, if it's not turning on?
          Cheers.
          Plenty on the forum telling you how to do this, use the search feature.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

The numbers are printed on the pcb of the mainboard (and also some times on stickers on the mainboard) and the lcd panel type is usually on the metal part of the back of the lcd on a white sticker.
            As reece says all the information is available if you search for it but i will attach a thread that reece made that should help you.
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...shiba+firmware
            Last edited by vinceroger69; 12-02-2016, 05:08 AM.

Comment

You need to match the VES400 number, VES400 use several models of Samsung Lcd screen all which are driven differently due to integrated Tcons etc.

Comment

That was my worry to hence asking him for the mainboard and panel number but i guess that version may work its worth a try failing that mayhave to look on ohms supplies web site for the exact firmware to buy on usb stick.
                https://shop.strato.com/epages/62027...&SearchButton=
                Last edited by vinceroger69; 12-02-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks to everyone. I finally got it working. I actually wanted to throw it out, I gave up. But, thanks to you - it's working.
                  Special thanks to ReeceyBurger123 - Firmware files for my TV (on other post)
                  Special thanks to Tom66 - Instructions on how to upgrade TV's firmware from standby mode.

Instructions:
                  1) Plug out the TV from power socket
                  2) Copy archive contents to empty FAT32 USB flash drive
                  3) Open up usb_auto_update_A1.txt and comment following lines:
                  #mboot
                  #For pure mboot.bin upgrade, use below part
                  fatload usb 0:1 80400000 mboot.bin
                  spi_wrc 0x80400000 0x00000000 0x0120000

TO:
                  #mboot
                  #fatload usb 0:1 80400000 mboot.bin
                  #spi_wrc 0x80400000 0x00000000 0x0120000

4) Insert your USB (I used FAT32 16gb USB thumb drive) into lower USB port of your Toshiba TV
                  5) Hold "OK" button on your remote control while plugging in the TV.

LED indicator should start flashing red & green rapidly (several times / second)
                  It took me about 3min, then the TV just turned on.

Hope this works for everyone.
                  Cheers!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by asek94; 12-02-2016, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update and glad you have managed to fix your tv.

Comment

Awesome work glad to help, I wasnt being an ass just retyping threads is such a pain

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                        Awesome work glad to help, I wasnt being an ass just retyping threads is such a pain
                        I understand. I'm just quite new to forums and Search functions always have been my enemies. Not this one though.
                        Thank you so much, guys.

Comment

Good Evening - I am a newbie to this forum, but the level of information available looks great!

I am unfortunate enough to also have a Toshiba 40L1333DB, and it has the dreaded red & green flashing lights.

I have tried various power on and off combinations, and have also downloaded the firmware .rar file above, but alas my TV still will not power on.... the screen remains blank.

When i tried with the USB, i did get the rapid flashing red/green light for about 30-40 seconds, and then it went solid green.... but screen remained blank.

Is it possible to tell if the issue is hardware or firmware ?

The TV was working perfectly fine up until yesterday, and it suddenly would not power on.... even though it had been used earlier that day.

Is it even worth trying to resolve, or should i just give up and get another TV ?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Comment

Info here, looks like the firmware is there too: http://www.dl.toshiba.com/dtv/NA/GB/EN/40L1333DB.html

Comment

Might want to keep that firmware somewhere safe, never know when the site will just drop it.

Comment

Not exactly sure but it looks like the instructions in post #9 might be if you don't get a screen to come up, looks like you put that code in??

Comment

Originally posted by asek94 View Post
                                  Thanks to everyone. I finally got it working. I actually wanted to throw it out, I gave up. But, thanks to you - it's working.
                                  Special thanks to ReeceyBurger123 - Firmware files for my TV (on other post)
                                  Special thanks to Tom66 - Instructions on how to upgrade TV's firmware from standby mode.

Instructions:
                                  1) Plug out the TV from power socket
                                  2) Copy archive contents to empty FAT32 USB flash drive
                                  3) Open up usb_auto_update_A1.txt and comment following lines:
                                  #mboot
                                  fatload usb 0:1 80400000 mboot.bin
                                  spi_wrc 0x80400000 0x00000000 0x0120000

TO:
                                  #mboot
                                  #fatload usb 0:1 80400000 mboot.bin
                                  #spi_wrc 0x80400000 0x00000000 0x0120000

4) Insert your USB (I used FAT32 16gb USB thumb drive) into lower USB port of your Toshiba TV
                                  5) Hold "OK" button on your remote control while plugging in the TV.

LED indicator should start flashing red & green rapidly (several times / second)
                                  It took me about 3min, then the TV just turned on.

Hope this works for everyone.
                                  Cheers!

Same problem today for me. It worked out perfectly!!
                                  I'm so happy you exsist! and I didn't give up!.
                                  goodby from happy Italy!
                                  a

Comment

Dear all,
                                    This is just a big THANK YOU for the awesome info here. I just fixed a Toshiba 40L1343DG that got bricked after trying to update the firmware to the 3.6.3c version (flashing red/green led). I did the procedure exactly as said here and it worked perfectly. I can confirm that everything seems fine, already tuned all the channels and image/sound seems fine for now.
                                    Thanks and all the best,
                                    D.

Comment

Hi guys I know I'm a little late to this thread but seems this is the best place to resolve my issue, I'm having the exact problem as a few people on here, light flashes red and green rapidly but never comes on, I've read through all the instructions, got the firmware, formatted the flash drive although it's only a little 4gb flash and followed the instructions to change the 'To' and 'From' text in the info file, but now when I hold 'ok' and turn the TV on I just get no lights whatsoever coming on....

I'm almost positive it's an issue with me not exactly understanding what I need to replace in the text file, I tried a few different options but if someone could explain or even screenshot exactly what I need to edit in the text file I think my problem would be fixed, because if it turn the TV back off again at the wall and start up without holding 'ok' it goes back to flashing again, I assume the text file is like a command for the TV but I think I've inserted the text the wrong way, it's maybe something really easy to fix, hopefully anyway,

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X