Samsung PN58C7000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN58C7000

I have a Samsung pn58c7000 that recently started to become unresponsive with the remote and front panel when trying to turn on. I unplugged the TV for a few minutes and the would plug it back in. This seemed to remedy the situation. However Friday it finally died and wasn't responding to anything. I did a search and found a thread from 2012 that described a similar problem. However in that thread parts had already been installed in an attempt to fix the problem. I wanted to zero in on the problem before just trying parts. So here is what I did. I opened up the TV and noticed all capacitors appeared ok. I unplugged the TV and waited. Then I disconnected the y board and attempted to fire up the TV. I noticed the the led behavior was different and the chime was actually functioning...this is different than before. So I reconnected the y board and as of the moment I have a functioning TV. Is the y board the culprit or could it be something else?

Re: Samsung PN58C7000

UPDATE!! So I had TV working for about 2 hours and then it just shut off. Tried to unplug the y board...TV completely unresponsive. Nothing but clicking. Plugged the y board back in and tried unplugging the z board. TV turns on but has a red screen. I can see images...however they are really red. Thoughts??

Comment

X-main (Z board) unplugged will cause red tint.
      You probably have a main board fault. To diagnose, connect all boards and try this test:
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok...I will give that a try thanks.

Comment

I am a little confused as to the terminology as it pertains to my TV. These pics look nothing like mine. Would the main board be what's clicking when I plug the TV in? Has a green led on it? Which is the lvds cable.

Comment

Can you supply some pictures of your boards? And one of the overall chassis.
            58C7000 Fast Track Guide has labels
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1337200308

Can't figure out how to post from my phone...but this is a thread from 2012 which is identical

Comment

LVDS is the wide orange flex cable between the main board (video inputs) and logic/control board.

Comment

In post #3 you gave a link to a main board test. On my main board I cannot find anything that resembles the 4 pin square connector. Only connect I see is a white connector towards the top of the board which has 4 pins inline. Is there where I should be jumping #1 and #3 terminals?

Comment

The 4 pin jumper is on the control/logic board not the main board. Refer to the fast track guide for board locations.

Comment

Ok..I see that...does it matter which side I pull the lvds cable off of?

Comment

No, it doesn't.

Comment

Ok..not sure what was supposed to happen during the main board test. Did everything outlined in the directions you provided. When I plugged the TV back in...the led was on for about 2 seconds while the logic board clicked about 6 times. Still unresponsive and no led on the front

Comment

I assume you mean the power board clicks?

OK, now look at the logic board carefully. There is a light (LED) on it. Green usually. It will either be:
                            - not lit at all or only brief flashing (we need to do power jumper to continue test)
                            - flashing once a second continuously (normal operation)
                            - flashing every five seconds continuously (fault state)

What does it do?

Comment

Yes power board..sorry

The led blinks about once a second for about 5 seconds then goes blank. #3 & #4 wire jumped and lvds cable still disconnected during test.

Comment

Ok page 2 of Fast Track guide

follow items 3,4 of the logic board test pattern instructions.

Comment

Ugh...right now this TV is functioning fine AGAIN! I don't really know how to read these tests or comprehend what's happening with it. I really don't know if my tests are generating results during the operable or inoperable time.

Comment

It might be worth trying to heat up parts with a hairdryer to see if you can evoke a temperature-dependent fault.

Comment

Now the logic board is blinking normally. Unplugging this TV and plugging it back in has temporarily resolved the issue about 80% off the time only to have it shut down within an hour or so

Comment

Am I wrong to assume that the most likely culprit is the logic board and or main board. The problem I am running in to is that any test requires unplugging the unit and waiting. By doing this I seem to be resetting something internally allowing the TV to operate anywhere from 10 mins to 2 hours. If this is indeed the only realistic option...then I don't mind replacing both boards as they are not outrageously expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                        X