Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biostar Ge force 6100 m9 acept caps whit another voltage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biostar Ge force 6100 m9 acept caps whit another voltage ?

hello my doubt is if the biostar ge force 6100 m9 accept caps of 10v 3300 uf because am trying to fix one of these motherboards and it didn't even turn on, and all other parts seem to be good, I hope somebody could help me

Re: Biostar Ge force 6100 m9 acept caps whit another voltage ?

Probably not capacitor related.

See: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=nvidia+6100

Your chipset needs to be reflowed. Onboard NVIDIA chipsets "go bad". The no-lead solder
    loses adhesion and once electrical contact is lost, the board will not power up. I have a boxful of boards with this problem.

You can try baking the board in an oven for 5 minutes at 425F, Look up "reflow" using the search function.

Comment

hi in this image you woul see what i have made to make it work but its still dead pleas help me,
      http://img3.*************/i/june2010261.jpg/
      some parts of the motherboard get warm maybe it would give a clue of what is wrong but i have no idea.. so I tried to baking the board in al little electric oven I dont know how warn it gets but i have repair a routter whit this metod, well I hope you can help me

Comment

The warm parts you circled - I would expect those to get warm. The southbridge chip should slowly warm up. If it is hot right away, it can indicate a problem with the southbridge.

It looks like you replaced some capacitors. What brand and series did you replace them with? I'm not sure I understand your question regarding capacitors of a different voltage.

I'm assuming you tried to reset the cmos with the jumper?

It is possible that the nvidia chipset is fried, however, I see enough nForce 4 boards still in working order that it's not necessarily the case.

Comment

well I replaced the caps whit ones of 3300 uf and 10v and the another ones are of the same kind, but it still dont work, and i didnt touch the cmos,

there is a detail sometimes when I put in the power tx in the motherboar work only the fan without push power

Comment

thats normal for the geforce 6 chip issue. I had gateways and hps that did the same thing. as soon as you plugged them in, the fans turned full speed and nothing turned on. this is the bad geforce chip.

I can tell you don't speak english, I think thats what you're trying to say in your last post, is that as soon as you plug it in, the fans turn on
            Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
            ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

yes my english is very poor, im sorry, but you have reason thats what am trying to say, and well I will try to baking the board in an electric oven but I dont know how warm it could gets, thank you all

Comment

Working...
              X