Comment

Re: I think i killed it Toshiba 40L1333DB

No 'db' and 'b' are not interchangable

Comment

Originally posted by sean0118 View Post
        Oh nice, let us know how you go.
        Well what can i say........... IT WORKS AGAIN

paid £10 for the tv with impact damaged screen and swapped the main board into mine and nearly died when it works for 10 seconds and then the backlights went off again. swapped the power board into mine and so far its been on working fine for 3 hours. might swap the main board back to my original (mine has the updated firmware already installed).

total cost now stands at:-

original tv free (from a friend)
        full set of new led strips from china £23
        donor tv for parts £10
        and about 200 hours free labour from me and the nice people on here

my hunch, and as everyone knows all too well im no expert, is that one or more led failed and somehow caused damage to the power supply at the same time.

anyway it seems to be working ok now and at least i now have a bag full of spare parts to use in case of future breakdowns.

thanks for everyones input and support over the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Grteat job, make sure you turn the backlights down as far as you can tolerate.

Comment

finally! good job!

Comment

the old faulty power supply could have a faulty led driver ic, it may of got damaged by faulty leds etc

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                Grteat job, make sure you turn the backlights down as far as you can tolerate.
                yeah i did run it at the default 'high' settings for a good few hours, working on the theory that if it was going to fail id rather find out sooner rather than later. i have now turned it down to low and rebuilt the tv again and so far its been on over 24 hours without a problem. hope t stays this way lol

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                  the old faulty power supply could have a faulty led driver ic, it may of got damaged by faulty leds etc
                  i was very lucky to find the exact same model tv with identical power supply etc. god knows what caused the old power supply to fail but it would be nice to find an explanation and repair the fault, even if its just to have a spare in case of future problems or even just for curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                    finally! good job!
                    thanks, i know the feeling....... FINALLY the lad might stop pestering me to get it fixed so he can play his silly games in his room again

Comment

Working...
                    X