X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hey guys i'm the new guy here stopping in to introduce myself

a little about me
    i'm the typical guy who likes to tinker with computers/tvs and recently cell phones and tablets

i mainly joined this group because every other place i went to sends me here for obvious reasons (this is the hub for great info)

until i'm seen again...best regards

Comment

Greetings everyone.

Yet another IT guy trying to figure out some circuit related issue I face constantly that I lack deep knowledge. Hope we get along.

Comment

Greetings from Finland!

Comment

Hello everybody

call me Georgy =O)
          ( it's one of the nicknames I've been given in my life, and the one I mainly use online. Pleasently surprised it wasn't taken already )

Our first PC was a Commodore Amiga 2000 ...with not one, but two floppy drives =OP and two joysticks (yes, mainly just playing video games back then). Since then it's been "all about the Pentiums baby" (with an AMD machine along the way)

Since our first Pentium I've been fixing (ocassionally after breaking) things and playing around, forever curious. I still like to fix things, or I just enjoy trying.....

Also an IT guy ....made the hobby the profession.... and my personality is.... quiet

My latest project is fixing a Chromebook by flashing it's BIOS chip with a SOIC clip and a Raspberry Pi
          ...this of course after flashing the firmware, apparently unsuccessfully, turned said Chromebook into an expesive brick.

Summary:
          quiet autodidact whose gonna lurk in your forums (thanks in advance for giving me shelter)
          Prefers the programming languages Ruby and Python ....but never finds work in his preferred languages =OP

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums. I found this place when I was searching for capacitors for replacing the bad GSCs that are on a board that a friend on facebook gave me.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

I stumbled across the forum looking for troubleshooting tips for my Vizio 4k TV that died during a lightning storm. I'm a tinkerer and have been successful in repairing several consumer electronic items over the years (PCs, stereo components, etc.). Most of these were simple repairs (fuses, blown caps).

I'm looking forward to learning more from the collective here and hope I can contribute something along the way as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I'm Mick electronic engineer. I have one year experience in repair of motherboards. I have had many successes and many frustrations. I am sure that you can help more than one with my experience. Soon I will start to get info for the good of all the Forum.

Comment

Hello

Good afternoon. I recently joined the forum. I like repairing my own electronics and also my family members. Its a great feeling when you repair something yourself and avoid spending hundreds of dollars on a new device. That being said i'm an armature in this field and hope to gain valuable information from this collection of gurus. Thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm new to this forum and interested in some trouble shooting with electronic devices.
                    I have a problem with my AVR 3700 HK receiver and I saw some posts with exact sample problem as I have, and hence I joined the group. I hope with some of my background knowledge and through referencing the forum I will be able to solve my problem. Thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm somewhat new to this forum. My name is Herman and I have a love for electronics like all of you. I really enjoy reading the content on this forum since everyone is quite logical and helpful!

Comment

Hello, I am new to this site. I was brought here due to a struggling battle with a t.v...... Im a computer and game system tech that is currently working to expand my knowledge in other areas. I find that asking for help and listening to others that have wisdom is areas i do not is a great and fast way to learn and THANK GOD for forums because without them we would all be lost on those problems that seem to make us pull our hairs out! Anyways thanks in advance for the help from all members.....

Comment

Hi all.

I am new to the site. I have a problem with a 50" Plasma TV. Have read a couple of the threads on here. so hopefully someone will be able to help me. Forums are the best!

Comment

hi guys, i´m new here and i am from argentina,
                            i am running a computer repair shop by my own from 5 o 6 years ago, so i will try to collect some technical stuf from here and in case i could, colaboratte in the way i can
                            thank a lot to accept me and please forgiveme my bad english
                            best regards
                            ruben

Comment

Hi,

From London UK, looking for some advice on a Behringer mixer full of Decon caps!

Cheers

Comment

Hello,
                                and greetings from Germany

Comment

hi volks, i'm new here and struggling to access anything in here but nothing goes any help someone?

Comment

Hello,

New here from the site. Interested in may thing technical and retired from long years in industrial repair and more recent prototype building.

Best Regards
                                    Rick

Comment

Hello everybody, i'm an technical inventor with plenty of new and awesome stuff..
                                      As soon as this smart robot here accepts me and whatever it needs 2 let me start i'll open up some threats with my latest projects, which will be partially open 4 all of U & hopefully some of U can help solving some imprefections.
                                      other part of job is 2 re-animate hardware, back from the dead ;-)
                                      & last but not least I program big networks & systems so the experiments can B financed.. ! no B > no honey
                                      greetz
                                      Ganimidis

Comment

Re: rampage_mb 12241 - 1 48. 4ywo5.011 core i5(posted as new member

the following attached bios bin file is for hp probook 450 g1 core i5 with motherboard rampage_mb 12241 - 1 48. 4ywo5.011 and an mxic bios chip
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

I was looking for information about Sony TCON boards and found your great forum!

Comment

Working...
                                          X