• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Greeting everybody!

Comment

Greetings, I have over 50 years experience going back before color!

Comment

Hello All, I came across this forum while investigating solutions to a Dell monitor issue, and now that I have found it I may also investigate solutions to a Macbook WiFi issue as well. My background is in electrical engineering and software development, and hopefully I'll have time to stop reading and start fixing!

Comment

Good evening. I have been involved with electronics since the late 1950s when some friends got me involved in Amature Radio. Never having enough money, I built my first transmitter from parts scrounged from the junk pile behind the local TV repair shop. That was interrupted by college and chasing girls until the USMC got me back into it by putting me in the Harrier startup squadrons. From there I joined a company's service department doing training and equipment repair which allowed me to visit most of the 50 US states and over a dozen other countries around the world. In the department is the electronics scrap box which keeps me happy and has provided me with all of my computers, laptops and monitors since the late 1980s. With retirement on the horizon my minny farm and fishing will keep me busy and maybe I will get back into Amature Radio. Possibly even chasing girls.

Comment

Hello all,

I'm new to this great looking forum and hope to get some help with a Samsung TV.

Cheers.

Comment

Hey, I am volure, I am a software developer who has recently gotten into electronics. I have done some arduino projects board stuff, as well as some Atmel basic electronics projects.

I am now looking at getting into macbook repair, and came across this forum. Any advice anyone has for me, I am always interested in seeing other points of view, and welcome any tips, tricks and tools. Thanks for the forum

Comment

My name is Theresa,

I'm totally new to electronic repair and have no formal training. My dad had 4 girls and one boy so my sisters and I learned how to work on cars and were taught to do things ourselves rather than pay someone to do it for us. I like to learn new things and believe if I can google it I can do it. I've taught myself how to work on cell phones, laptops, do stained glass, my interest is all over the place.

Anyways thats about it

Comment

Greetings. Have been playing and working in electronics and technology in general for many decades, from using the first-gen Wang programmable calculators and coding FORTRAN on an IBM 1130, component level repair on broadcast gear, up to current network protocols and IT management. I miss spending time at the bench fixing stuff, so I still do some of it for my own amusement and to help out family and friends. This is clearly a great resource!

Comment

Hi all, new to the forum and looking for help with my Vizio tv!

Comment

Originally posted by Roush2fast View Post
                      Hi all, new to the forum and looking for help with my Vizio tv!
                      Ahh.. Me too!! Hello All; James here from LA. My story: I purchased a E500I-B1 50" LED Vizio; now having the power off issue. Off to the searching! Good luck Roush2fast on your endeavor as well

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm not 'new to the forum' as I have been using it as a valuable resource for many years, but I am as of today a first time poster. I have been working in enterprise IT for about 15 years, and my hobbies include electronics repair, kit building, and just generally nerding out in the basement.

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks to all for your really helpful posts.

I have a 6 year old Bravia TV KDL-37v5810 which has developed sudden colour fault. Has been a really good TV up to now with good colour accuracy IMO. Also have errors listed under DTT_WD in the service status screen. TV has about 10,0000 hours panel use time.

I work in C++ video software development so have a tangential professional interest too though very little experience of electronics hardware.

I'm trying to decide whether send the TCON board of to UK ebay repairer to replace the AS15/19 chip is likely to fix the problem as I'm not confident enough to make the repair myself. Unable to track down replacement TCON board at reasonable cost - preferred Sony supplier is charging £120 - a large portion of the cost of a new and much more modern TV of similar spec.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/wh...cs-be-failing/

Comment

Hello team,

I

Comment

Hello Team,

I'm Leonardo from Brazil.
                              I have 3 plasma TV and love to repair my electronics by my self!

Comment

The best ever

thanks for all your advises,helps and a very helpful comment

Comment

hello from dunkirk Indiana

Comment

Hi all.
                                    Hi have a problem with a power supply. I'm going to make a new thread.

Comment

Hi all guys.
                                      I'm IU5ICI and i'm here to learn..

73's

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have a HP ZR2740w that just died from 2 seconds to black and I'm hoping to fix it!

Comment

It all began back in the early 70's when I salvaged a Tandy AM Transistor Radio that someone had let the 9v batt. go bad in. I found out that by twisting around on the coils and the cap. that I could make it not work at all and never get it back to the original settings, and to make things worse the coils for tuning and IF transformers are made of very brittle ferrous materials made not to be messed with too often, especially with a iron flat blade screwdriver or butter knife..After loosing several, new, or used but a weeks candy and soda allowance monies worth of radios down the drain, I started asking people who knew what these things were about them and there mysterious need to be correctly associated(TUNED) with each other in order for the whole thing to work. In this pursuit I of course was allowing these HAMS(old people with radios and numerous other electro-scientific gadgets) to do to me as the had been done to, but in a 50 year greater technological age. Of course when being mentored in radio electronics, the electronics part comes first. So over time and through many people who had the same or similar desire to work with things that for the most part are precise math,Imagination, and previous experiences of zapping, jolting,and burning flesh and internals, giving the neighbors TVs/Radios, and SW Bell electromagnetic unrest, on and off for decades. During this time of gaining an understanding of electronics and Radio electronics I was seeking new realms. Summer 1982 I went to the local Eckard Drugs who sold more than just personal health related goods also Tvs, candies, blank cassette,Beta and VHS Tapes, as well as one day 5 Timex Sinclair 1000's came in for $99.99 each. well I have a B/W CRT TV at the house that can accommodate this calculator on NO-DOZE..So off I went the same week got the 8KB upgrade and the cables to connect to a cassette player/recorder because if your going to type even 6KB of basic code on this tiny keyboard your gonna want to save your 2Hrs or more worth of work on 30-45 min worth of screeching and chirping to some media.Traded that for a Commadore Vic20, to an Atari 400 to Atari 800, with ATR8000 and 4 8"Floppys would have cost a fortune but I had gained a Job putting together IBM machines for the first computer exchange operation in America The Computer Exchange Inc. in Austin,Texas. I ran a Nighttime BBS on that one for a short period, and life moved on past the Atari Xl,ST, Apple II,IIe and I started to work on fixing things in this time instead of blow them up, eventually went from running big rf amps illegally on 10.5-11.5 meter bands in SSB mode to getting a Amateur Radio License and now I fix broken electronics, have long conversations about why not and why to get computer components and what kinds and oh..Modifying electronics to do more what I/Others would like them to do and make them more durable by putting in parts that have tolerances that are not common in these Bic lighter days of technology....I am KD5NSK or Bill if you like thanks if you read this and if not then thanks in the future for the information we will pass on this Forum..

Comment

Working...
                                          X