Lenovo g710 (dumb02)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo g710 (dumb02)

got a totally dead g710 uses Dumb02 motherboard.
    20 pic ic next to bios bat getting hot, no identification on ic, anybody got a service manual for this board, or know what the ic is marked in the picture.
    Thx
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo g710 (dumb02)

Well I Have the same failure the only thing I could read from the chip with the microscope was 1225 and I'm still searching for schematic diagram.
    I'll keep you posted on the discoveries

Comment

With a litle research on the net it is a buck controler step down voltage regulator Texas instruments TI51225.

Comment

That is TPS51225. Dual Synchronous, Step-Down Controller with 5-V and 3.3-V LDOs.

Comment

Hi

I just found this via google and this is the excact problem I have, so I had to register to replay on it. I have replaced the ti chip but still get hot and won't turn on. Has any of you succeded the repair ?

thx!

Jeroen

Comment

if the ic is marked 20-xxxx then its not 51125 but 51123

Comment

I have replaced the 51125 but issue is still the same, so problem is before or after the chip, I am not a skilled repair man so any hint or advise what to check would be helpfull. And a bit off luck offcource

regards

Comment

Check resistance to gnd for both 3v and 5v coils to begin with.

Comment

You must check pin3 (VREG(3.3-V LDO)) and pin 13 (VREG(5-V LDO)). Usually pin 3 is short circuited. TPS51225C - this is the chip ...

Comment

I faced the same problem today and solved the problem. First, the 3v coil was short circuited. I changed pch. The short circuit in the 3v coil was removed, but the 1225c integrated continued to heat and when I checked the 25q32fv bios chip, I saw it was short. After the io replacement, the computer started working normally. If anyone else encountering the same problem I hope this post helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X