Please help with bios for Toshiba L50-C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with bios for Toshiba L50-C

I have a Toshiba L50-C laptop and would like to see if a new bios file would fix it. I have tried to extract the file from the one on the Toshiba website and then tried to delete the extra bits for the windows bios program in a hex editor but the effect was worse than the original. At least I got a few lights with it but not with the one I modified. Here is my original back up and the Toshiba downloaded and extracted bios.fd file. Many thanks for any help. The toshiba is L50-C (PSKWNA-036002).
    Attached Files

Re: Please help with bios for Toshiba L50-C

Originally posted by sparker1 View Post
    I have a Toshiba L50-C laptop and would like to see if a new bios file would fix it. I have tried to extract the file from the one on the Toshiba website and then tried to delete the extra bits for the windows bios program in a hex editor but the effect was worse than the original. At least I got a few lights with it but not with the one I modified. Here is my original back up and the Toshiba downloaded and extracted bios.fd file. Many thanks for any help. The toshiba is L50-C (PSKWNA-036002).
    Try this:
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much Meritosari.

Comment

Hi does any kind person out there know where the bios reset jumper is on my toshiba L5-C-1FQ ....board ref. DA0BLXMB6G0 Rev G
        At wits end and would be extremely grateful for any info from someone more knowledgeable

Comment

Thx

Comment

Love you, it worked for me like a charm, many thanks

Comment

By the way, my notebook problem was a black flickering screen.

Comment

Originally posted by kobus4444 View Post
                Hi does any kind person out there know where the bios reset jumper is on my toshiba L5-C-1FQ ....board ref. DA0BLXMB6G0 Rev G
                At wits end and would be extremely grateful for any info from someone more knowledgeable
                Have you find anything?

Comment

Use the Bios at post #2, rename it to .bin first. I don't think laptops have a bios reset jumper.

Comment

Working...
                  X