This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

This is my first post. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to post. I guess I just need to be smarter.

Comment

Greetings and salutes.
      I have been tinkering and inventing since the 70's. Thank you for the resource.

-gus
      "Knowledge is good"

Comment

Hello, my first post. Was searching for how to fix my parents tv (sony kdl-40w5500) i came across this forum. hope it will be an interesting journey

Comment

Hello everyone, looking forward to learning a lot more about the fundamentals of electricity so I can fix more things.

Comment

hello. found this site by searching for gl752vw schematics.

Comment

Hello. My name is Dave and let me begin by thanking you all for welcoming into your forum. I stumbled upon your forum while researching and troubleshooting a Panasonic plasma i have become obsessed with trying to repair. I utilize forums of various types all the time but i dont tbink i have found one that is as useful and relevant as this one, while at the same time maintaining a community vibe that is so positive, supportive, inclusive, and just friendly and fun.

Anyway, i dont want to blather away too much but a bit about my background. Professionally i am a plumber and a handyman and literal jack of all trades. I am especially passionate about electrical work and consider enrolling in a a program to get my electrician's certification. I am an OCD problem-solver and get literally absorbed into the various puzzles and quests, treasure hunts and wild goose chases my obsession for fixing things leads me to. I am a lifelong, daily learner who hates to see good things simply thrown away and wasted....when they can often easily and cheaply be fixed with a little effort and patience. I absolutely abhor how disposable and consumption obsessed our society has become. This of course drives me at times to hoarder-dom, as i just accumulate all this useful crap cause i cant seem to let it go to the landfill.
              But i digress.....the caveat is that my actual electro ics and components experience is limited, but i am an eager and enthusiastic learner. And i am excited to learn from each of your iwn wisdom and insights....and hopefully share some of my own....eventually.

Well i guess that's about it....except to add based on the first few posts in this thread that my very first computer was an old Tandy Trs-80 with a cassette drive i used to write little Basic programs for. And then i got a Commodore 128....which to my mind absolutely sucked compared to the Commodore 64....but at that point i guess all i wanted to do was play Ghostbusters and didn't realize that the computer had already begun its evolution into the personal desktop computers that would change the world forever once the Macintosh and Pc's began to fully take root in our homes.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello Badcaps Forum.

My name is Anders and I'm from Denmark.

I've been trying to get into the art of repairing LCD/LED TV's the last two years or so. Finding my way to get to know TV's, troubleshooting and so on, I have come across a lot of forums, with various content, badcaps seems to be the place to be, thoug!

I have my education in repairing electronics, including maintenence and a bit of software. But mainly I'm a hardware guy.

Generally I seek info on troubleshooting TV's, as the request from family and friends keep growing.

I hope to get accepted, and I really do hope I can help other badcappers, with other problems.

Thanks!

Best

- Anders

Comment

Hi, trying to fix my dell 2007WFP monitor

Comment

Hi jade i forget my password bios password hp compaq 6730b some one can help me?

Comment

Great to Find Badcaps!

Hello! My name is John, and I am a brand new member, and very happy to have found this. I hope this reply is what was expected. I ran across a post on the web addressing a repair (recap) of a Bose Wave Radio, which is exactly what I am into at the moment.

I have an education in Information Systems, but have always loved to have a hot iron on the bench. I lost my Dad last September, and he taught me all things electronic, and everything else... I am happy that just about anything I like to work on, reminds me of him. Growing up, we fixed everything, only throwing out something that was hopeless, even for parts. Part of that "curse" is perpetual object permanence, as in knowing that you always may be able to fix something, even if perhaps later! HA!

I love to collect and restore antique broadcast band radios, and prefer the myriad of '20s wooden delights. So much variety!

I'm also a General Class Amateur Radio Operator N4AJG and operate when I can. I am looking forward to contributing where I can, and learning from everyone else!

Blessings, John

If not forgive me, and move this to where it is appropriate.

Comment

Hello all, Chris here in the US, specifically CT, here to download the HP DMI tool to program a HP model and serial into a new system board, looks like a great forum and will stick around. Very much into technlogy, cars, audio systems and the like.

Chris

Comment

Hi,

My name is Wim, living in Thailand and trying to fix, or find a power supply replacement, for my first-generation B&W Zeppelin (chrome backside)

Comment

Hello from Canada! I'm a general DIY/handyman/mister-fix-it type of guy who's family, friends and co-workers always call for help with anything. I suspect the same is true for many of you

I discovered this forum while troubleshooting a broken TV but looking forward to learning more from you guys and hopefully contributing where I can.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello, I'm from Ukraine. I'm a chief of Authorised Service Center in my city. I discovered this forum while troubleshooting above a lot of notebooks. I'm shure that this forum will help me in my troubles, and i'll try to help a another people
                              Best Regards

Comment

Hello, from Spain

This forum is a great discovery! I need to repair a Viewsonic TV LED and I hope to get it with your help.

Originally posted by kobayashi_maru View Post
                                I'm a general DIY/handyman/mister-fix-it type of guy who's family, friends and co-workers always call for help with anything. I suspect the same is true for many of you
                                In my case you're right!

Comment

Hello from Ireland, came here looking for info on repairing synchronous psus.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello BadCaps Forum. I am brand new and I look forward to gaining wisdom regarding my LG TV needs. Thank you for having me.

Comment

Hi All

I'm Will.

I've been working as an IT technician in the public (UK government) sector for the last 10 years or so.

I've got a Creative Gigaworks S750 speaker system which stopped working back in July 2016. I see a few folk on here have been making attempts to repair the own systems of the same model, so hoping to get a better idea of the likely cause(s) of the failure.

Comment

Hi all.
                                          Not new to soldering irons but this is my first time at TV repair. Stumbled across this forum researching capacitor issues, you guys are amazing. I ordered the bits I think I need and have spent the waiting time reading everything I can on here.
                                          BTW, I'm in UK and DIY tv repairs don't seem to be so popular here. But I'm a tight arse and reluctant to replace a 42" plasma for the sake of a couple of bad caps.
                                          Thanks for all the info available.

Comment

Working...
                                          X