This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone! I joined because it looked like there was useful info on the TV I'm diagnosing, a Samsung PN60F5500AFXZA, with red power flashing 5x and no picture.

Comment

Hello, Thanks for allowing me to join your Forum. I am retired from Case IH Farm Equipment and now have my own Computer Business. I have a second business as a Warranty Consultant. Hope to be able to find answers here and maybe even contribute.

Comment

Well since I want to get on and get some help here I may as well get posting.

Hello!

I ma a newly qualified Manufacturing Engineer with qualifications in Mechanical and manufacturing engineering as well as a hobbiest in electronics and a dabbler in electronics repair

Comment

hi there,
          i amworking on lenovo B570e ,,,,,one of its capastor 330 near processor is short ,,,,when i change tahat,,,,,,it went short again within no time.......any sujestion

Comment

hello

Comment

I'm Geewhiz Hello

Comment

I need help with a Hitachi P50601. it is not powering on. It clicks and the fans turns on for about 4,5 secs and just shuts down. Thx for any help.

Comment

Hello,

I've been programming for over 30 years since the old 8-bit micro era. Had lots of practice at build/rebuild computers! School project was a multi-user text-based game written in ARM machine code (~1990?) One instruction per line meant I had to print it out in 6pt courier and even then it was a fat wad of paper!

At university I helped relocate the uni radio station to new offices so I picked up some tips from an EE student there. Built small devices like telephone-to-mixing-desk balanced amplifier, etc. University degree is in computer science with a bit of hardware leaning. For example we had to program an FPGA to be a memory controller for DRAM.

Recently I've been doing mobile phone repairs (board level swaps). From that I have been trying to repair laptops at the component level. Kinda more interested in lower-level stuff like embedded controllers, etc.

Equipment:

ATTEN 858D+ heat gun
                  Victor VC9805A+ DMM
                  temperature controlled soldering iron
                  USB-based oscilloscope
                  USB-based microscope so I don't go blind!

Comment

Hello I'm Paul from London now living high in the hills of central Bulgaria, I moved here five years ago and really enjoying the new life, in London I had no animals but here I have 4 dogs 2 sheep and a lamb to look after. My work was mainly in printing I know lots about letterpress and die stamping but nothing about electronics and I'm trying to get some advice on connecting a Canton MD50 sound deck with a Hitachi YC 32H YC 01

Comment

My name is Warren. I like fun and fun things but not both at the same time. Don't get crazy. I need help repairing the free TV I was given.

Comment

Hello- New to the forum....currently a 3rd year CS major working part time as an information security associate...just here to broaden my knowledge.

Comment

Hello,
                          TV repair shop from San Marcos California. I had to create this second account because some reason resetting password option did not work.
                          I was already member of this site.
                          Ken.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello, just trying to get help with a TV problem.

Comment

Hello, need some help with my TV as well!

Comment

Hi there, stumbled across this forum loking for some way to investigate a issue with my Dell Monitor.

Think I have found what I need. The site has fantastic contirbutors. Might have some questions....

Cheers
                                  Guido

Comment

Okay! Best I can comprehend this is the spot then for to find an ear to bend! If all is swell perhaps herein I'll find a means for to fix the Wife's viewing machine! Toshiba 46XV640UZ for it has good volume & the picture when present is great! Alas the blackness overwhelms of late and though all else is without debate; The power flows the sound is fully attained and remains upon channel change. Without flaw nor flicker Toshiba is lit in white and power reflects a solid green light! So's now that I've twisted your ear let me tell you a bit about me that's dropping this here!
                                    Jamie T. out of San Diego, Ca since 1961. In 1984 made a deal with a USNR Lt. @ NHLB where I was stationed. I would be able and authorized to take any medical related classes I wanted if I was to enter the collection agent office and fix / modernize change red to black make un-collectible back log of 7+ years appropriately disappear enacting an automatically designed system of accounts receivable collections requests from 1 month out up - to a year! before they would fall off the accounts receivable books AS UNCOLLECTIBLES! Now at the time I had entered the USN to attain as much knowledge and skills in medicine as I could possibly be exposed to and absorb! This was the ticket! either a Wang Word processor nor an Orange screen Tandy [1000, If I remember right]. I was supposed to get lessons from I had a few secretaries out of the central office that contained the Wang whom gave me a few word processor basics, The Tandy manual and about a 2 page hand written instructions for programing the Tandy Yes that's right DOS! written and saved on a 5.5"disc. {the very basics} Well They got what they needed I got what I wanted and then I transferred back to San Diego. Did not see another computer until 1986 when after the USN I met some neighbors that were all into yep XT's/AT's and they were into the hardwARE ASPECT.tHAT WAS THE HOW WHY AND WHERE OF MOST OF MY HANDS ON EARLY EDUCATION IN BOTH HARD AND SOFT WARE.

Comment

Hi All,

I am a former field engineer for Microdata/McDonnell Douglas/Geac and used to fix and repair mini and mainframe computers going back to 1984. I've do quite a few board repairs - but have to admit, not that strong at board level repair - soldering technics are good - but weak in theory . Though I have had formal training in power electronics long ago, I consider myself more mechanically inclined than electronically. I have been out of the field for a long time and still tinker with electronic repairs to keep my TVs and computers going. I have read Badcaps forum in the past - and you all have really helped me look in the right direction. This is a great and resourceful forum you have going. Thanks for having me as a member

Comment

Hi! I'm an engineer from Melbourne Australia, I found this forum while searching an Plasma TV replacement mainboard for an "LG" TV. Thanks for all the great info, I look forward to contributing any discoveries.

Comment

Hello, I'm a real estate investor in S. Cal.

Comment

Working...
                                          X