acer aspire m3100 motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acer aspire m3100 motherboard

I'm putting this computer together from bits and pieces and alls gone well except for some voltages on the motherboard -12.00v is -4.67v and -5.00v is -7.14v ? all the capacitors look alright they aren't bulging or anything it seems strange that its only the two negative voltages. I took the power supply out and it measured ok neg 12v is -11.67v and neg-5v is -4.67v. All the positives +12v, +5v ect.. are spot on? Where should I begin to look for the problem do you think? Would it be capacitors? I used speccy and cuipd computer spec programs to get the voltages, they where both the same!
    HP P6-2203a desktop,AMD CPU A8-5500 with Radeon HD7560D,3.20Ghz. Radeon HD 6670.8Gb Ram.2TB HDD. WIN 10 64 bit O/S.

Re: acer aspire m3100 motherboard

sometimes those voltages aren't accurate. is it giving you any troubles?
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Thankyou Uranium No it doesn't appear to be causing problems,so thats good news.Bloody annoying though.
      HP P6-2203a desktop,AMD CPU A8-5500 with Radeon HD7560D,3.20Ghz. Radeon HD 6670.8Gb Ram.2TB HDD. WIN 10 64 bit O/S.

Comment

How are you checking the voltages?
        Most software you can run from Windows gets it wrong.

Comment

I should qualify that! Its OK when its booted up and going, its just getting it to boot up! When it is causing problems by not booting I can unplug and replug the sata cable on the motherboard and check all the connections and then most times it will boot? Thats why I thought it may be a cap making it go intermittent.

Comment

Originally posted by seanc View Post
            How are you checking the voltages?
            Most software you can run from Windows gets it wrong.
            I used speccy and cpuid. Both of them had the same wrong readings.

Comment

Crack out the multimeter and measure from the back of the board.
              I'd be amazed if such a new PC even use -5 or -12.

Comment

Crack out the multimeter and measure from the back of the board.
                I'd be amazed if such a new PC even use -5 or -12.
                where abouts on the back of the board do you mean?

Comment

The ATX power connector.
                  http://www.smpspowersupply.com/connector_atx_pinout.GIF

If you don't have a cable in place of the blue or white on that picture, don't bother.

Comment

The ATX power connector.
                    http://www.smpspowersupply.com/connector_atx_pinout.GIF

If you don't have a cable in place of the blue or white on that picture, don't bother.
                    Oh OK I just had a look at the original power supply and it doesn't have those wires for negative voltage. So its nothing to worry about then. Ill disable them.

Comment

Working...
                    X