Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Fixed Bios for Thinkpad E590

Hello everyone,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E590, after a bit of tinkering with macOS and OpenCore (Hackintosh) i did a NVRAM reset (without thinking).

Now my laptop won't boot anymore ….. After the Reset, Only The Power button LED, Numpad LED and Capslock LED came on and stayed on.

I have the following Hardware
    Lenovo ThinkPad E590
    Mainboard : NM-B911 Rev 1.0
    Type : 20NB-S05300
    SN: PF-1NW94Y 19/04
    Intel Core i7 8565U
    Intel UHD 620
    32GB DDR4 Ram

I Tried Multiple Clear Me Bios from this Forum (Also did a backup of my Bios before doing this)

But now the Only thing that's happening is hat the Power LED goes on for a few seconds then goes of this repeats 2 times and after that the LED stays on.

Can maybe someone repair my Bios Dump or send me one that i can Flash back and my Laptop boots after that ?

I use a CH341A Programmer.

Thank you and sorry for my Bad English
    KayKun
    Attached Files

Re: Need a Fixed Bios for Thinkpad E590

hi try this let me know
    Attached Files

Comment

Okay i flashed it.

Now if i Power on the Power LED Capslock LED and Numlock LED goes on for a second and then the laptop powers of

would it be helpfull if i make a video of that ?
      Last edited by kaykun; 03-23-2022, 12:21 AM.

Comment

@couillu76
        do you have anny other idear ?

Comment

Push ? anyone ? or is a BIOS Chip swap my last Option ?

Comment

E590 (Type 20NB, 20NC) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20NB
            Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hey sorry for the Late reply @hoaca388.

I have flashed it an now the Laptop Turns on then the Num and Capslock LEDs come on then the laptops turns off and automaticly repeats the same one time.

After that the Laptop stays off.

If i try to re Power it Turns on then the Num and Capslock LEDs come on then the laptops turns off.

i have now Ordert a replacement Bios Chip but it will be a few days until it arrives Here maybe in this time someone has another solution ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaykun View Post
                Hey sorry for the Late reply @hoaca388.

I have flashed it an now the Laptop Turns on then the Num and Capslock LEDs come on then the laptops turns off and automaticly repeats the same one time.

After that the Laptop stays off.

If i try to re Power it Turns on then the Num and Capslock LEDs come on then the laptops turns off.

i have now Ordert a replacement Bios Chip but it will be a few days until it arrives Here maybe in this time someone has another solution ?
                Thinkpad_E590_Type_20NB_clean ME
                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Okay sadly all the above steps didnt help

but the new replacement chip a few days ago.

the firt thing i did whas to make a backup of the chip and then solder it.

now my e590 works again i have attached the dump of the new chip
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kaykun View Post
                    Okay sadly all the above steps didnt help

but the new replacement chip a few days ago.

the firt thing i did whas to make a backup of the chip and then solder it.

now my e590 works again i have attached the dump of the new chip

Hi kaykun,

what is the bios version of your new chip? I want to try also for my laptop, I believe we have the same model.

Comment

Re: E590 ,NM-B911 rev 2.0

Hi everyone,i have one Lenovo E590 unit, 20NB,NM -B911 rev 2.0, The problem is 30 second delay for startup ,Working File is attached ,Anybody please help
                      Attached Files

Comment

Re: E590 ,NM-B911 rev 2.0

Originally posted by binoj View Post
                        Hi everyone,i have one Lenovo E590 unit, 20NB,NM -B911 rev 2.0, The problem is 30 second delay for startup ,Working File is attached ,Anybody please help
                        Try...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello. I have Lenovo E590, 20NB-0012XS, NM-B911 rev 2.0. After reflash with older version (using exe), I can't power it on (just some led flashing like op described). Tried some versions from this forum, but still nothing, only the power button led turns on and that's all. Think the bios is W, but not sure.
                          The conf is i7 8565U with radeon.

Any suggestions? Can someone please share dump (or bin) of current version (1.33)?

Comment

Originally posted by andy21 View Post
                            Hello. I have Lenovo E590, 20NB-0012XS, NM-B911 rev 2.0. After reflash with older version (using exe), I can't power it on (just some led flashing like op described). Tried some versions from this forum, but still nothing, only the power button led turns on and that's all. Think the bios is W, but not sure.
                            The conf is i7 8565U with radeon.

Any suggestions? Can someone please share dump (or bin) of current version (1.33)?
                            post the original bios of the laptop..
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                              post the original bios of the laptop..
                              This is what I managed to extract with flashrom and rpi (verified it extracting it multiple times) before trying any other image.
                              I was trying to solve a hw issue so I picked this old bios for some good old binary search..

Also note that I'm little worried of sharing bios dump online, so I at least x-ed out windows key (can I just edit it in after, or do I need to use uefitool to correct checksum?).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andy21 View Post
                                This is what I managed to extract with flashrom and rpi (verified it extracting it multiple times) before trying any other image.
                                I was trying to solve a hw issue so I picked this old bios for some good old binary search..

Also note that I'm little worried of sharing bios dump online, so I at least x-ed out windows key (can I just edit it in after, or do I need to use uefitool to correct checksum?).
                                E590 (Type 20NB)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                  E590 (Type 20NB)
                                  Thank you, you're great. I've some duties rn, but will let you know asap.

You've any theories why for kaykun, only the new chip worked? Was thinking about ordering some spare winbonds..

Do you think the problem could be in the ec? Is it loaded/flashed from the bios, or would I need to flash it separately (and disassemble the whole thing, argh)? But found a local company and they claim they can flash also that, but that would be last resort.

Comment

Hi, i need a repair of my attached Bio.bin.
                                    The E590 only Black Screen.
                                    Serial : PF-1DXL0F Board: 20NB
                                    thx
                                    Attached Files

Comment

E590 (Type 20NB)
                                      No luck . Only the power button led flashes and then stays on, but nothing happens. Not even the screen backlight turns on. I don't think I'll be able to flash the EC.

Comment

E590 (Type 20NB, 20NC) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20NB
                                        their friend in this model I have 2 of them by your bios:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1642598057

I solve ..but another problem I have .. when it opened it says:

0271: Check Date and Time settings.
                                        0183: Bad CRC of Security Settings in EFI variable.

can you help me ..

Comment

Working...
                                        X