Epson 5020UB Projector - Temp and Lamp Light Flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson 5020UB Projector - Temp and Lamp Light Flashing

Need some idea of where to start to fix this projector. According to the user manual, when the temp and lamp lights are flashing there is an internal problem which doesn't give me much to work with. Need some input. The fans run for like two seconds when attempting to turn on then goes straight to the error code. Since it's not a lamp, fan or temp error, I'm leaning towards the power supply.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/74...page=80#manual
    Last edited by hardbox; 06-24-2019, 01:01 PM.

Re: Epson 5020UB Projector - Temp and Lamp Light Flashing

Some photos will help.

Comment

i had something much the same with mine that had been stored in bad conditions and working previously . thought it was going to be a supply capacitor but wasn't .. i pulled all boards and gave them a good scrub with hot soapy water and paint brush concentrating on ic pins . rinsed with clean then iso washed and blow dried . that fixed the corrosion issue .and its still working .

Comment

Originally posted by hardbox View Post
        Need some idea of where to start to fix this projector. According to the user manual, when the temp and lamp lights are flashing there is an internal problem which doesn't give me much to work with. Need some input. The fans run for like two seconds when attempting to turn on then goes straight to the error code. Since it's not a lamp, fan or temp error, I'm leaning towards the power supply.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/74...page=80#manual
        Did you ever figure out what the issue was with your projector? I'm experiencing the same thing with a 6010. I'm wondering if it is the lamp ballast....

Comment

Working...
        X