Dell e5440 turns on but the screen remains black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell e5440 turns on but the screen remains black

hello, this Dell turns on but the screen remains black, if I press the power button a second time the fan turns at max and turns off, the voltages I measured in the pads are all, I tried to warm the cpu / gpu chip but nothing has changed, could it be a bios problem?

Re: Dell e5440 turns on but the screen remains black

Make sure RAM is good and compatible, and that you tried disconnecting any devices.
    If CPU VCore is present, try to flash the BIOS.
    Don't mess with the GPU or the CPU themselves randomly.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Screen remains black-Do you mean backlit ok and no data??

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
        Screen remains black-Do you mean backlit ok and no data??
        no, no data and nothing backlit, even on hdmi

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
          Make sure RAM is good and compatible, and that you tried disconnecting any devices.
          If CPU VCore is present, try to flash the BIOS.
          Don't mess with the GPU or the CPU themselves randomly.
          yes, VCC_CORE is present 1.7v which of the two bios do you need to flash U1 or U2?

Comment

I flashed U2, the programmer ch341a told me file length, beyond range of will be ignored, I turned it back on, now the LED flashes 5sec on and 5 sec off and does not start, maybe the file is not right or I have to flash U1 too ?

Comment

Are you using those clip things to connect the ch341a to the bios chip while on motherboard? I have found that it doesn't always work 100%. I take off the chip and solder directly to ch341a pads, and yes, flashing U1 might work. But save your original .bin first of course. I have a e5440 board with dedicated graphics if you need those two .bins. I'm not sure what's wrong with it though. I know it's not the bios.

Comment

Originally posted by flatline View Post
                Are you using those clip things to connect the ch341a to the bios chip while on motherboard? I have found that it doesn't always work 100%. I take off the chip and solder directly to ch341a pads, and yes, flashing U1 might work. But save your original .bin first of course. I have a e5440 board with dedicated graphics if you need those two .bins. I'm not sure what's wrong with it though. I know it's not the bios.
                no, I don't use the clips, I hold the chip directly on the ch341a, I will try to flash U1 too then we see how it goes

Comment

I gladly inform you that after flashing U1 the screen turns on,although ch341a says file length etc etc, it probably doesn't affect
                  , thanks to everyone for the valuable advice,
                  regards
                  Last edited by poweron; 06-20-2019, 03:12 AM.

Comment

everything works fine only when I turn it on the screen comes after 20 sec. I also downloaded a last 8 mega bios, downloaded from the dell site, but the problem remains, it can remain even so but if I can improve it is better

Comment

Clean the ME management engine firmware: https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...lization/31277
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 08:51 AM. Reason: edited winraid link
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I thank you, but how should I move to analyze and eventually clean my bios?

Comment

You have a dual bios,you should flash U1 and U2 .If you can`t clean the ME yourself make a new post in the bios requests sub forum ,post both your original bios backups https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

EDIT: what is your service tag number .
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-24-2019, 03:27 AM.
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

the service tag is: 13HGYZ1, bios version A04 can the bios be loaded from a usb key?

Comment

Working...
                            X