ACER Notebook Spin 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACER Notebook Spin 7

Hi all, Now I am totally confused, some say that these are N-Channel FETs & Mr. Shibu says that they P-Channel. Though I will they solution which Mr. zhang has given tomorrow. Hope it might work for me... Might have a solution & will share with all of you guys.. Really very interesting & challenging!!!

Comment

zhang., I did not have the time to check this board, good tips you have given me, TY., hopefully I will check it tomorrow

Comment

If this board has never been worked on (except by you), then you have to assume that the FETs on the board are correct from the OEM. Take note of each FET part number, and look them up on the net. That will tell you if they are N or P ch. I have seen schematics indicate wrong before.

If it is possible that someone has worked on it other than you, then you can also try searching for high resolution images for that board in order to verify the FETs.

Hope you can straighten out what should be there on the board, then we can go forward from there.

Comment

brew99 no one has worked on this board before me... I will try to see some photos from the net to see all is right... Thanks you'll all for so much help. First I will try what zhang told me to do... check voltage by removing components... I will surely keep you'll updated

Comment

Originally posted by zhang View Post
            try to remove pu4402 and try with adaptor
            does it still have 19v in drain?
            if it still remain the same, remove PL4401 and check the voltage on pr4417 ( on adaptor )
            OK zhang., I removed the PU4402 FET., & plugged in the power adapter I checked the voltages which are below:
            Voltages when the PU4402 is not soldered on the motherboard:
            Drain = 19 Volt
            Source = 5.5 Volt
            Gate = 5.5 Volt
            Then I removed the PL4401 inductor coil., voltage on one end is 5.5 volt (Which is directly shorted to the souce of PU4402) & the other end is 18.65Volts
            & on this resistor PR4417 is 18.65 volts
            This is all I could find out... Please give me some tip to repair this board or anyone would help me repair this board. Thanks in advance
            Last edited by mferna14; 06-25-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Can anyone help.. Thank....

Comment

Originally posted by mferna14 View Post
                OK zhang., I removed the PU4402 FET., & plugged in the power adapter I checked the voltages which are below:
                Voltages when the PU4402 is not soldered on the motherboard:
                Drain = 19 Volt
                Source = 5.5 Volt
                Gate = 5.5 Volt
                do you mean after removing pu4402, the drain is 5.5v?
                please check it, because after removing the pu4402, the source should not be 5.5v ( unless the notebook can not be turn on "with adaptor only")
                or you could also check after removing pu4402 measure pl4401 "same value as drain of pu4402
                if it is true after removing pu4402, the drain is 5.5v,measure pl4401 " which should be the same value 5.5v"
                please replace pu4402 with P-channel mosfet

good luck

Comment

SOLVED::::::::::: A big thank you to all who help me, special thanks to Genius zhang & brew99 who walked me through the entire repair process. The notebook works fine & the battery charges well. Now I will let everyone know where it all went wrong & could not figure out the problem. The circuit is 100% correct as per zhang. But very sad to say that the motherboard component orientation (Placement) is wrong. Where on the M/B it printed PU4404 with the arrow, that is actually PU4402 & a P-Channel MOSFET should be placed & soldered there. This is why when I checked the circuit many times I just noticed that the MFG. used a P-Channel instead of a N-Channel. So the circuit helps, traced the lines where the P & N channel have to be placed & all works fine. I had a N-Channel FET soldered instead of a P-Channel & via versa. This is why the FETs were getting hot & damaging the battery & not charging... I have added a photo for all who is interested. BTW, zhang in the last thread how did you figure out all this????
                  Attached Files

Comment

SOLVED::::::::::: A big thank you to all who help me, special thanks to Genius zhang & brew99 who walked me through the entire repair process. The notebook works fine & the battery charges well. Now I will let everyone know where it all went wrong & could not figure out the problem. The circuit is 100% correct as per zhang. But very sad to say that the motherboard component orientation (Placement) is wrong. Where on the M/B it printed PU4404 with the arrow, that is actually PU4402 & a P-Channel MOSFET should be placed & soldered there. This is why when I checked the circuit many times I just noticed that the MFG. used a P-Channel instead of a N-Channel. So the circuit helps, traced the lines where the P & N channel have to be placed & all works fine. I had a N-Channel FET soldered instead of a P-Channel & via versa. This is why the FETs were getting hot & damaging the battery & not charging... I have added a photo for all who is interested. BTW, zhang in the last thread how did you figure out all this????

nah,just little bit of coincidence maybe
                    because if this condition,
                    Drain = 19 Volt
                    Source = 5.5 Volt
                    Gate = 5.5 Volt
                    then the laptop won't power on with "adaptor" only

Comment

and also, I'm also new in this field and need guidance of all the senior in this forum
                      god bless all

Comment

hi, the backlight turns off. then it opens
                        why could it be

Comment

Working...
                        X