Sony XBR-65X900C Sporadic Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR-65X900C Sporadic Issues

I just got in a nice SONY XBR-65X900C... A really sweet looking unit. I swear, the top half is less than a quarter inch thick!!! And it's an ANDROID tv to boot...

I am having sporadic issues which seems to point to the main video board.. A replacement is spendy, but well worth it if it fixes the TV...

Symptoms..

At power up, the screen lightens and darkens, then shows a menu (of sorts) at the top.. Gray text on white rectangles 3D AUDIO stuff like that...Then it shuts off... That is what happens mostly...

Sometimes, it won't shut off after that funky menu, but goes to HDMI 1.. Plays for a min or two then shuts off... I have actually had it to where it will play for hours, but then shuts off...

When the unit is on, the buttons or the remote have no effect.. With the exception of the ON/OFF button.. It usually works when turning the TV on, but not so much when turning the TV off...

The TV also detects when a Thumb Drive is installed in a USB port, but none of the buttons to move around the thumb drive directories work, either by remote or the on set buttons..

I also had a thumb drive with the current firmware and, fiddling around with the buttons I guess I started a firmware update. The TV informed me that the firmware installed is the latest..

I researched it a bit and came across a procedure to do a factory reset.. Hold the VOL - and PWR buttons at the same time. After 30 secs the Power LED (Normally white) will come on and be green... Release the buttons and a WELCOME screen will appear and walk you thru a factory reset...

I did this and the green power LED came on.. Released the buttons and power LED went off, but the TV did not come on..

I have some various pics of the the different stages, but unfortunately, I left my phone at home.. So I'll update these with pics as soon as possible..

Now, my question is this... Do all these symptoms indicate a Main Video board issue??

As I said, the Main Board is spendy but well worth the price if it fixes the TV... I just want to make as certain as I can that it IS the problem...

Pics will be added when available...

Re: Sony XBR-65X900C Sporadic Issues

yours process of hard reset with volum - and power will be so

plug the tv out from wall socket
    press the both mentioned on the tv side panel
    plug the sockt in wall ac, the LED will change to green release your hand from what you pressed give it time. it will show you welcome screen after awhile but it will go to reset again.. so it mean the tv will reboot 2 time then you can hear music at welcome screen.

from your explain the fault i can tell the TV work at store mode. so only on off work and no response to RC

there are way to change it if you bring it back displaying and working again as u received

one things more... this TV will turn off after 3 hours or 4 if its standard at safe energy mode.. unless user change it to off
    Last edited by Diah; 06-06-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

in case its not at store mode but its at active profile with limited access same to yours case too you can make factory reset only via contact and support-- go to
      (Home--- Help---Contacts and support) then press on RC red, 4,3,5,7,play

Comment

Thanx for the reply...

I will try your suggestions when I get to my shop.

Thanx again...

Comment

Here is the picture of the funky menu I see...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
            Here is the picture of the funky menu I see...
            the last symbol on right side with key its "active profile with limited access"

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
              the last symbol on right side with key its "active profile with limited access"
              Any way to "unlock" it when the remote or the buttons don't work???

Comment

Any way to "unlock" it when the remote or the buttons don't work???
                navigate to home with the joystick, when you reach support & contact . by pressing the RED and follow with other No and at end Play. the tv will response.. now the TV always receive IR code 0x00 but it doesn't response. this why they put this hidden way to get out from this limited access

Comment

also if you plug in wireless keyboard with F function it will response to command
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Diah; 06-07-2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

also if you plug in wireless keyboard with F function it will response to command
                    Ohhh Didn't think of that.. Will give it a shot.. Thanx

Comment

Nope... No luck.. I can't get any response from any of the buttons on the TV, the remote or a keyboard...

Comment

See if you can do this:
                        On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
                        Select Settings.
                        Select Storage & reset.
                        Select Factory data reset.
                        Select Erase everything.
                        Select Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          See if you can do this:
                          On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
                          Select Settings.
                          Select Storage & reset.
                          Select Factory data reset.
                          Select Erase everything.
                          Select Yes.

Nope.. Nothing.. HOME does nothing on the display..

Something weird...

Normally, the TV "boots up" with a android geometric display that turns into the word "android", then I get that funky menu and then the TV usually shuts off..

Sometimes though, after it has shut off, I turn it one and it goes right into the display (HDMI 1) without any boot up... Almost as if it didn't really shut off but rather went into standby mode..

Dunno if it means anything, but it's definitely than normal...
                          Attached Files

Comment

The more I fiddle with it, the more I am convinced it's a bad Main Board..

Comment

can you put it in stand by when it on ?

Comment

can you put it in stand by when it on ?
                                Nope.. No button on the TV or the remote has any effect..

Comment

all what i know and they all work to me the following

service menu at stand by condition quickly press the keys on the remote "I +", "5", "VOL +", power "

diagnosis mode quickly press the keys on the remote "I +", "5", "VOL -", power "

inter SECRET PRO Settings, you need to go to HOME and sequentially dial on the remote
                                  ! +, MUTE, VOLUME +, HOME.

disable active profile with limited access
                                  (Home--- Help---Contacts and support) then press on RC red, 4,3,5,7,play

Comment

you can use air mouse.. and tell if the pointer will display on the screen, if it does you can move it to the last symbol and one click with left side
                                    Last edited by Diah; 06-07-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

What is 'I +'??

Comment

What is 'I +'??
                                        take look on the remote photo i posted for you,, the I+ are the one under the Red knop some call it info too

Comment

Working...
                                        X