This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey! I'm a physicist, who is also interested in computing & electronics. Aannnd ... my laptop got bricked by a recent bios update. Good that I found this forum ... hopefully someone here can give me a hand . Keep up the good work!

Comment

New guy here. It's been 20 years since working as a repair technician (consumer electronics). But, since I've been seeing so many LCD tvs in the garbage everywhere lately, I thought it might be worth grabbing a decent looking one here or there. It looks like no one has them repaired anymore. Well, I'll be happy to repair them! Looking forward to utilizing your brains to accomplish this. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Hey! Glad to be a member of this comunity!

Comment

Greetings to all, I am very happy to belong to this immense community, I hope to provide all my knowledge and excuse my English, I do with the Google translator.

I hope to see you soon

Comment

Hello! I am joining because I want to try to mend my TV. I studied electrical and electronic engineering at University, but then went into IT, so I have no real practical experience.

Comment

Hi all, I was in the repair trade Radio, TV, Satellite, and microwave ovens for about 40 years and now I am retired with time on my hands to keep my computers going, My first Computer was a VIC 20 then on to Amiga the odd PC and now Apple macbook pro and ipad.

I hope to find help here and will help anyone I can on here.https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Comment

Hi, My name is Hector, Im from Puerto Rico. It looks like many of us started the same way as a hobby. My first computer was a Radio Shack trs80 COCO, 16k of ram. But a friend of mine upgraded my computer to 32k of ram for free. After that got a Commodore Vic 20, then a C64, then Amiga 500 then amiga 2000 and the Amiga 1200. I went to college for 3 years for an electronic school. worked a few years on some repair shops. I have been working as an industrial mechanic for the last 30 years. now I'm coming back to electronic repair as a hobby. hoping to learn a few new tricks.

Comment

Hi, My name is Hector, Im from Puerto Rico. It looks like many of us started the same way as a hobby. My first computer was a Radio Shack trs80 COCO, 16k of ram. But a friend of mine upgraded my computer to 32k of ram for free. After that got a Commodore Vic 20, then a C64, then Amiga 500 then amiga 2000 and the Amiga 1200. I went to college for 3 years for an electronic school. worked a few years on some repair shops. I have been working as an industrial mechanic for the last 30 years. now I'm coming back to electronic repair as a hobby. hoping to learn a few new tricks.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I am Timo and I hope to find some ideas to solve my Plasma TV problem.

Comment

Greetings to all members,
                      My name is Dado and I am happy to be a member of this community.
                      My hobby and great love are electronics and computers. Over the last ten years I spend a lot of time reading various texts and news related to IT.
                      This forum is very useful and it will be a real pleasure to be a member.
                      Best regards!

Comment

Hi all this place seems cool from an Irish man in oz who likes to fix tvs in his spare time

Comment

Hello there. your page is very good. people are honest and reliable. the shares are very good. I've become a new member. thank you

Comment

Hello!
                            Huge electronics and plasma tvs enthusiast here.
                            But I'm not that good with repair and that's why I'm here,lol

Comment

Hello
                              I'm new here and found this website while trying to fix my tv
                              I have a plasma tv but the screen stays black even while powered on.
                              I hope someone here is smart enough to help me fix this tv

Comment

Hi Guys
                                Nice forum!
                                I have been dabbling in Electronics of all flavours both as a hobby and professionally in the UK for 40 years.

With the internet full of drivel its hard to find a good source of tech info these days.
                                Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks for the invite!

I have repaired guitar amps since the late 70s and now starting w/ TVs. This looks like a great forum for collaboration and support. Cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                    It's a great forum.
                                    Very helpful in repair.

Repairers of the world, unite!

Comment

Hello,

I love this forum and looking to fix a bunch of old hp laptops.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi every one,
                                        I'm from Cameroon (Central Africa).
                                        I'm IT teacher since 15 years now.
                                        So happy to find this forum while looking solution for BIOS password on HP9470m laptop.

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Patrick running a computer repair shop in Sweden, love the internet and technology and the community.. Im here to learn more about this beautiful industry we have and also to share some of my knowledge from what I have learned and continue to learn every day..
                                          Thanks, Patrick

Comment

Working...
                                          X