Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp LED TV flashing green 2x per second - LC-70LE735X, DPS-222BP, RUNTKA857WJQZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LED TV flashing green 2x per second - LC-70LE735X, DPS-222BP, RUNTKA857WJQZ

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    men... you are really funny... who care on BL if they come on or not when the MB dead.

did you know which pin BL_ON ?? we tested panel 12V. and main 13V are good mean PCB 100% working
    what the diffrent if man his legs brocken and you insist to teach him dancing !!!!
    Cool man, I am newbie in TV also I have attempted a few repair..
    I appreciate all the guidance you have given. Yes, I have taken your word that the MB is busted and will need to source one.
    I also want to be certain that backlight of PS is good too. BL is not on, I think it is worth investigating before buy a new MB right?

Comment

Re: Sharp LED TV flashing green 2x per second - LC-70LE735X, DPS-222BP, RUNTKA857WJQZ

Originally posted by beetle1303 View Post
      Jumped PD-15 to PD-14; and PD-16, PD-19, and PD-21, each with a 800ohm resistor:
      BTW here are your mistake
      Dimm when it low mean LED ON. if dim go high mean cutoff.
      SPI= eeprom SPI Flash

Comment

Cool man, I am newbie in TV also I have attempted a few repair..
        I appreciate all the guidance you have given. Yes, I have taken your word that the MB is busted and will need to source one.
        I also want to be certain that backlight of PS is good too. BL is not on, I think it is worth investigating before buy a new MB right?
        this why i said stop working on PCB. because you will damage it... bring the TV on and can hear sound then LED easy to repair if they need. 70 size TV its hard to read if some one damage it more.

Comment

this why i said stop working on PCB. because you will damage it... bring the TV on and can hear sound then LED easy to repair if they need. 70 size TV its hard to read if some one damage it more.
          Sound advice, thank I guess I will take it one step at a time, sourcing for new MB first and deal with BL issue if it come.

Any last attempt can be done on this old MB?

Comment

Sound advice, thank I guess I will take it one step at a time, sourcing for new MB first and deal with BL issue if it come.

Any last attempt can be done on this old MB?
            locate the SPI Flash on MB and at standby messure if it had 3.3V on it... write the Lable no of it over here.

EDIT:
            could be this one
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Diah; 04-20-2022, 09:48 AM.

Comment

locate the SPI Flash on MB and at standby messure if it had 3.3V on it... write the Lable no of it over here.

EDIT:
              could be this one
              If this is the IC - T64 2524, how do I measure the 3.3V?
              Attached Files

Comment

leave it.... do the following to force the tv power on and reset fault in case there are error at BL

remove all jumpers.. and plug every things as original. plug the tv out from wall socket.

While holding down the “VOL (-)” and “CH ( - /down)” keys on the set at once, plug in the AC power cord to turn on the power.
                After a central icon flash off, separate the fingers from key on the set.
                Then, you can check the operation to see if the lamp and lamp circuit are in trouble.
                If you fail boot-up, retry the procedure.

page 44 service manual
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Diah; 04-20-2022, 10:20 AM.

Comment

leave it.... do the following to force the tv power on and reset fault in case there are error at BL

remove all jumpers.. and plug every things as original. plug the tv out from wall socket.

While holding down the “VOL (-)” and “CH ( - /down)” keys on the set at once, plug in the AC power cord to turn on the power.
                  After a central icon flash off, separate the fingers from key on the set.
                  Then, you can check the operation to see if the lamp and lamp circuit are in trouble.
                  If you fail boot-up, retry the procedure.

page 44 service manual
                  Repeated VOL- & CH- procedure several times, no effect - blank screen, and power indicator started green, then flashing red 2x, constantly.

Comment

Repeated VOL- & CH- procedure several times, no effect - blank screen, and power indicator started green, then flashing red 2x, constantly.
                    try volume + channel -

Comment

try volume + channel -
                      Better!!
                      Vol+ & Chn- turn the power indicator stationary green! After 10-15 seconds, release the buttons, still stationary green but black screen..

Press power button will turn off and turn on the green light, but when it's off there is no red standby light.

Also, when power off from the wall socket, it will turn back to 2x flashing red light.

Comment

Better!!
                        Vol+ & Chn- turn the power indicator stationary green! After 10-15 seconds, release the buttons, still stationary green but black screen..

Press power button will turn off and turn on the green light, but when it's off there is no red standby light.

Also, when power off from the wall socket, it will turn back to 2x flashing red light.
                        eeprom OK
                        CPU main IC no communication to let eeprom confirm to turn on the screen and BL

try input and vloume -

Comment

eeprom OK
                          CPU main IC no communication to let eeprom confirm to turn on the screen and BL

try input and vloume -
                          Input & Vol- no effect, same 2x flashing red light.

Comment

Input & Vol- no effect, same 2x flashing red light.
                            okay, then with volume+ channel - when you have green LED messure the sockets on PCB which voltage you have on it.

Comment

okay, then with volume+ channel - when you have green LED messure the sockets on PCB which voltage you have on it.
                              With the PS mounted onto TV, I can only probe the odd pins:
                              PD-1 (PNL12V) : 0V
                              PD-3 (SGRN) : 0V
                              PD-5 (UR13.2V) : 13.05V
                              PD-7 (UR13.2V) : 13.05V
                              PD-9 (SGRN) : 0V
                              PD-11 (SGRN) : 0V
                              PD-13 (AC_DET) : 3.27V
                              PD-15 (BU5V) : 4.95V
                              PD-17 (NC) : 0.04V
                              PD-19 (DIMMER) : 0V
                              PD-21 (OFL) : 0V
                              PD-23 (NC) : 0.04V

Comment

okay... do this first

unplug the screen ribbon cable from the T-CON and power on normal. see result
                                keep panel unpluged and use volume - channel - see the result
                                on both we are interset on BL if it come on. and PNL_12 had 12V.
                                if all didnt help do this
                                put every things back and use input and volume + see the result

if all didnt bring different... time to use hot air gun to 280° to cook the mediatech chip in case it had BGA issue... or packing your MB in oven for 10 minute in same degree but with out using air flew, just the up and down with out air. when temp reach high put the board inside and dont move it after backing time untill it cool down. good luck

Comment

okay... do this first

unplug the screen ribbon cable from the T-CON and power on normal. see result
                                  keep panel unpluged and use volume - channel - see the result
                                  on both we are interset on BL if it come on. and PNL_12 had 12V.
                                  if all didnt help do this
                                  put every things back and use input and volume + see the result

if all didnt bring different... time to use hot air gun to 280° to cook the mediatech chip in case it had BGA issue... or packing your MB in oven for 10 minute in same degree but with out using air flew, just the up and down with out air. when temp reach high put the board inside and dont move it after backing time untill it cool down. good luck
                                  1) Screen ribbon cable unplugged from T-Con, power on normal - no change flashing 2x red flight
                                  2) While screen ribbon cable unplugged, pressed Vol- & Chn-, powered up: no change flashing 2x red light.

Will do the oven bake tomorrow morning, then redo these various procedures.
                                  Thank you, and good night.

Comment

well ya got to fix everything that is broken, good main bad power still equals broke tv, there evidently is a problem with the backlights or the powerboard, because he can not force on the backlights.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-20-2022, 01:38 PM.

Comment

well here's another thread that eludes to a powerboard problem, note he gets the same readings of voltages, yet there is a fault, so you can not be too quick to dismiss the powerboard as the fault: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56629

Comment

I just have a hard time believing that both boards went out at the same time, that IS very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                          I just have a hard time believing that both boards went out at the same time, that IS very rare.
                                          dear friends.
                                          we did with him standalone test for PCB and we do have all what we need pnl_12 ok main 13V ok. so we dont care on others,, because the threat you linked his MB was able to torn BL and other,, here are some things ells.

i asked him on messure while he had green LED at front and it was as i thought SPI send power on and we do have 13V but panel 12 v. and BL was out.. so if the main CPU ( mediateck) didnt response the SPI will be blind and wiuld never turn PNL_12 or BL on. so here we are.. his MB toasted why i dont know.. but am sure you agree with me.. that we avoid other make other damage to PCB at time we approved it respose to PS_ON... or.....

cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                          X