Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashi

Originally posted by dycc View Post
    Cn4 :pin5 (psid) voltage ???????????? Should be 3.3v normally

jbat1: Smbdat0 , smbclk0 voltages ?????????????? Should be 3.3v normally

jbat1: Pbat_pres# should be low

CHECK WITH AND WITHOUT BATTERY CONNECTED (ADAPTER CONNECTED)
    Hello dycc,
    thanks for head-up, appreciated your help,
    i do have voltages as per it should be, pls check below
    Cn4 :pin5 (psid) voltage 3.3v (with battery & without battery)
    jbat1: Smbdat0 , smbclk0 voltages 3.3v (with battery & without battery)
    jbat1: Pbat_pres# with battery 0.06v & without battery 3v
    since my batter drain & goes 0% due to not used so i guess that's why jbat1: Pbat_pres# with battery showing 0.06v, so is there any way i can charges battery without laptop? i do have 110V AC 30V 10A Digital DC Power Supply so if this can charges battery than your help will save my batter to get dead, (attached Digital DC Power Supply image)
    your further help will be highly appreciated,
    Thanks

Originally posted by dspok View Post
    Did you change pr3, pr3 and pr6, you can put 33ohm or 22ohm resistor. Just try.
    i'll try later, coz seems like PR3, PR6 looks fine, further i'll wait for @dycc instruction whether it need to change or not, coz i did voltages test as advised by dycc & those test looks fine & normal, Thanks for help bro,

Originally posted by stj View Post
    it could be a fault in the battery pack, it does contain a microcontroller and several temp sensors taped to the cells.
    that is not possible coz as i said earlier i did checked my both batteries in other same model Dell Laptop and both batteries working fine, so issue is with motherboard, will wait for @dycc further help, hope will resolve this issue,
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ali101; 11-09-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Re: Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashi

SINCE SMART BATTERY EXCHANGE INFORMATION (battery temperature , Battery Capacity .......) WITH HOST CONTROLLER THROUGH SMBUS BEFORE LAPTOP TURN ON, it's may be A DEFECTIVE HOST ITE8518 at smbus side.
      the charging ic also can trouble smbus line .

Comment

Sorry for noobi question but what i need to do now?

Comment

replace charging ic bq24707 and if it's still the same issue ,replace host controller ITE8518

Comment

Hi, I'm from Poland and I wanted to thanks you for helping me fixing my Dell. I had the same problem as OP and I found a bad capacitor - PC5 marked on the diagram (near EC58, EC59, EC60 someone mentioned earlier)

I removed it, connected the battery, and...

it helped! no more "operational temperature" notification, charging works as expected, anyway
            here's its location on the board:

(pardon my messy soldering)

The photos were taken yesterday. Today I've replaced the bad capacitor and assembled the laptop. Works splendidly. So thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by ali101 View Post
              hello dycc,
              thanks for head-up, appreciated your help,
              i do have voltages as per it should be, pls check below
              cn4 :pin5 (psid) voltage 3.3v (with battery & without battery)
              jbat1: Smbdat0 , smbclk0 voltages 3.3v (with battery & without battery)
              jbat1: Pbat_pres# with battery 0.06v & without battery 3v
              since my batter drain & goes 0% due to not used so i guess that's why jbat1: Pbat_pres# with battery showing 0.06v, so is there any way i can charges battery without laptop? I do have 110v ac 30v 10a digital dc power supply so if this can charges battery than your help will save my batter to get dead, (attached digital dc power supply image)
              your further help will be highly appreciated,
              thanks

i'll try later, coz seems like pr3, pr6 looks fine, further i'll wait for @dycc instruction whether it need to change or not, coz i did voltages test as advised by dycc & those test looks fine & normal, thanks for help bro,

that is not possible coz as i said earlier i did checked my both batteries in other same model dell laptop and both batteries working fine, so issue is with motherboard, will wait for @dycc further help, hope will resolve this issue,
              thanks
              pin 1 and 2 voltages ?????????????

Comment

@ma_ko you had same issue what i mention in starting? neither laptop getting power from battery nor it charged? or your laptop just not charging battery but it can power on with battery?

@dycc do you think i should try this how @ma_ko did? since i already ordered charging ic bq24707 on Aliexpress & waiting to arrived so i replaces it,
                waiting for your comments,
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                  Replace these caps only if it shows short, else it doesnt make sense. You can get them in plenty from any laptop scrap mb.
                  Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                  most likely you have problem in battery output line. Check those lines carefully for any shorted caps or mosfet.(two similar looking pins at the extremes of battery connector-one side is gnd and the other side is output +12v)
                  thought you checked the board, as @mcplslg123 have asked ,but i realize that you didn't do it

jbat1: pin1 and 2 ohm value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2)

jbat1: pin1 and 2 diode mode value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2)

jbat1: pin1 and 2 voltages (battery and adapter connected)

Comment

thought you checked the board, as @mcplslg123 have asked ,but i realize that you didn't do it

jbat1: pin1 and 2 ohm value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2)

jbat1: pin1 and 2 diode mode value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2)

jbat1: pin1 and 2 voltages (battery and adapter connected)
                    Dear dycc,
                    yea that's true i not checked above @mcplslg123 mention points, please accept my apology, since i asked @mcplslg123 how to check that but he not reply anything so i skip it & more focused on your points,
                    anyways i'll check & keep you posted,
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali101 View Post
                      @ma_ko you had same issue what i mention in starting? neither laptop getting power from battery nor it charged? or your laptop just not charging battery but it can power on with battery?
                      the same problem, laptop not charging and it wouldn't turn on on battery + notification about operational temperature. Without battery it worked normally.

Comment

Originally posted by ma_ko View Post
                        the same problem, laptop not charging and it wouldn't turn on on battery + notification about operational temperature. Without battery it worked normally.
                        Got it, Thanks Mark for this info, hope i can fixed mine as well.
                        Thanks.
                        Last edited by Ali101; 11-15-2017, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Dear dycc,
                          Below are results,
                          jbat1: pin1 and 2 ohm value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2) = both pin have 1 result

jbat1: pin1 and 2 diode mode value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2) = both pin have 1 result

jbat1: pin1 and 2 voltages (battery and adapter connected) = 1.8V
                          Thanks.

Comment

if 1 mean infinite on your multimeter , you got no short at +VCHGR . not the same issue as ma_ko

Comment

Got it,, i'll replace Charging IC & will keep posting once i received IC,
                              Thanks.

Comment

Dear dycc,
                                Below are results,
                                jbat1: pin1 and 2 ohm value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2) = both pin have 1 result

jbat1: pin1 and 2 diode mode value (battery and charger disconnected , black probe of multimeter on ground and red probe on pin 1 and 2) = both pin have 1 result

jbat1: pin1 and 2 voltages (battery and adapter connected) = 1.8V
                                Thanks.
                                give pin 16 of bq24707 voltage (REGN_LDO
                                ) charger and battery connected

pin 1 and 2 ohm value ( black probe on pin 1 red probe on pin 2 battery and charger disconnected)

pin 12 and 13 ohm value ( black probe on pin 12 red probe on pin 13 battery and charger disconnected)

on diode mode now give value pin 1 and 4 , pin 1 and 8 , pin 4 and 8 of pq33 pq31 pq34 ( black probe on pin 1 red probe on pin 4 ,black probe on pin 4 red probe on pin 1, black probe on pin 1 red probe on pin 8 ,black probe on pin 8 red probe on pin 1, black probe on pin 4 red probe on pin 8 ,black probe on pin 8 red probe on pin 4 ,battery and charger disconnected)

Comment

Hi dycc,
                                  Below are results,
                                  Pin 16 of BQ24707 voltage (REGN_LDO) = 3.3v
                                  (Charger and battery connected)

Pin 1 and 2 of BQ24707 ohm value:
                                  (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 2) = 1.6
                                  (Battery and charger disconnected)

Pin 12 and 13 of BQ24707 ohm value
                                  (Black probe on pin 12 & red probe on pin 13 = 18.8

On diode mode
                                  Pin 1 and 4 of BQ24707
                                  (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                  (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 1) = 1

Pin 1 and 8 of BQ24707
                                  (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 8) = 619
                                  (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 1) = 1

Pin 4 and 8 of PQ34, PQ33, PQ31
                                  PQ31 (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 8) = 615
                                  PQ31 (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                  PQ33 (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 8) = 599
                                  PQ33 (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                  PQ34 (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 8) = 1
                                  PQ34 (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 4) = 600

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ali101 View Post
                                    hi dycc,
                                    below are results,
                                    pin 16 of bq24707 voltage (regn_ldo) = 3.3v
                                    (charger and battery connected)

pin 1 and 2 of bq24707 ohm value:
                                    (black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 2) = 1.6
                                    (battery and charger disconnected)

pin 12 and 13 of bq24707 ohm value
                                    (black probe on pin 12 & red probe on pin 13 = 18.8

on diode mode
                                    pin 1 and 4 of bq24707
                                    (black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                    (black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 1) = 1

pin 1 and 8 of bq24707
                                    (black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 8) = 619
                                    (black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 1) = 1

pin 4 and 8 of pq34, pq33, pq31
                                    pq31 (black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 8) = 615
                                    pq31 (black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                    pq33 (black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 8) = 599
                                    pq33 (black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                    pq34 (black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 8) = 1
                                    pq34 (black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 4) = 600

thanks
                                    regn_ldo must be 6v

Comment

ON DIODE MODE PIN 16 VALUE (RED PROBE ON GROUND AND BLACK PROBE ON PIN 16 , RED PROBE ON pin 16 AND BLACK PROBE ON GROUND adapter and battery disconnected)

give also pin 20 and pin 6 voltages

Comment

Hi dycc,
                                        Below are results,
                                        Pin 16 of BQ24707 voltage (REGN_LDO) = 3.3v
                                        (Charger and battery connected)

Pin 1 and 2 of BQ24707 ohm value:
                                        (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 2) = 1.6

Pin 12 and 13 of BQ24707 ohm value
                                        (Black probe on pin 12 & red probe on pin 13 = 18.8

On diode mode
                                        Pin 1 and 4 of BQ24707
                                        (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                        (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 1) = 1

Pin 1 and 8 of BQ24707
                                        (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 8) = 619
                                        (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 1) = 1

Pin 4 and 8 of PQ34, PQ33, PQ31
                                        PQ31 (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 8) = 615
                                        PQ31 (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                        PQ33 (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 8) = 599
                                        PQ33 (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                        PQ34 (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 8) = 1
                                        PQ34 (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 4) = 600

Thanks
                                        on diode mode now give value pin 1 and 4 , pin 1 and 8 OF PQ34, PQ33, PQ31 ???????

Comment

ON DIODE MODE PIN 16 VALUE (RED PROBE ON GROUND AND BLACK PROBE ON PIN 16 , RED PROBE ON pin 16 AND BLACK PROBE ON GROUND adapter and battery disconnected)

give also pin 20 and pin 6 voltages
                                          sorry i not saw your this reply, just saw last one which is below hence i not checked this yet & come to office on work, pls accept my apology, i'll check & post results once get back home on evening,

on diode mode now give value pin 1 and 4 , pin 1 and 8 OF PQ34, PQ33, PQ31 ???????
                                          Below are ressults
                                          Pin 1 and 4, Pin 1 and 8 of PQ34, PQ33, PQ31
                                          PQ31 (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 1) = 698
                                          PQ31 (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 4) = 1
                                          PQ31 (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 1) = 618
                                          PQ31 (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 8) = 1

PQ33 (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 4) = 1241
                                          PQ33 (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 1) = 474
                                          PQ33 (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 1) = 600
                                          PQ33 (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 8) = 1

PQ34 (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 4) = 646
                                          PQ34 (Black probe on pin 4 & red probe on pin 1) = 1
                                          PQ34 (Black probe on pin 8 & red probe on pin 1) = 1
                                          PQ34 (Black probe on pin 1 & red probe on pin 8) = 602

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X