Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus ROG G53JW - Turns on no image - Chipset

Hi there,
    I had this board laying around but I got a chance to get a laptop to test it.

First thing I noticed, the laptop turns on immediately after plugging the adapter in.
    I tested it with a known good Nvidia card, good ram and cpu.
    First question I have is what can cause this behaviour? ITE EC chip needs reprogramming? Bad BGA chipset? missing clock signals?
    Can someone with more experience share some knowledge on this type of behaviour and approach for troubleshoot it?

I measured some signals with the board powered, 19v,3.3V , 5v, 1.05v 1.35v cpu,vga all tensions seem to be present.
    The laptop turns on when DC in connected, no image, and fans starts full speed 15 secs after. No reaction at all. dead.

Made visual inspection of the board, everything seems good EXCEPT the chipset that has a light crack on the die.
    Would this be possibly the culprit? Anyone had similar stuff with other boards?
    As if its most likely the culprit, I will not loose any more time with this board, as its not worth it.

This example is more to understand a bit better what can be the reason for a machine that turns on immediately with power connected, and what should be checked.

Thanks for your time!
    Attached Files

Re: Asus ROG G53JW - Turns on no image - Chipset

Does the cmos battery is there if not on some Asus Rog the turn on immediatly without it .

Did you try to clean the MXM contact made the trick some times on some Rog .

Notice you can find some cheap working G53 mobo on ebay .

Comment

Yes I know
      Its more like to understand better what to do in these cases where the motherboard turns on by itself.
      In other general cases.

it does the same, with and without the CMOS bat.

Thanks for the inputs.
      I know I can order a cheap one from China, but anyways I dont need this board repaired, it will most likely stay here for parts if needed.

Comment

some cases this cause CMOS bat not in or ? but not all ways, the bios that you flash is from a working one ? now test when you power the Mob all the coils PL8001 PL8002 +VCORE + VTT PCH (11 coils to test with voltages )

Comment

Originally posted by magneh View Post
          Hi there,
          Bad BGA chipset? missing clock signals?
          !
          for my experience not this two

Comment

Working...
          X