Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi MS-7060

Hi!

I have an MSI 7060 661FM2 series motherboard.
    It has bulging capacitors and I think I need to replace them.
    Can someone give me a list of capacitors and their place on the motherboard please.
    Or even a link to a purchase of the set.
    A technical schematic of the motherboards components with their values would be greatly appreciated.
    I know I can read them but they're not the same in any illustration example it looks like a dodgy ebay job with dry solder joints and wrong values.
    I need to repair it as i want a stable retro machine and the socket 478 is great to run windows 9x with agp.
    Also, whats the best type of caps for this since it was from an era of dodgy caps.
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-01-2020, 07:56 AM. Reason: Corrected thread title

Re: Msi MS-7060

Schematic .
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

*thanks um i see these capacitor codes for example one says 103p another says x_103p i don't know the difference i also don't see voltages in the schematic i'm a novice

Comment

Well, whilst I am checking up I might say a little more about this motherboard. I waited several weeks for its arrival it was advertised as a new shop swap over and I thought hooray a great deal. I opened the box all its new bits were there then i looked at it. Turns out these MSI were popular at bulging capacitors before warranty expiration so the smart owner decided to get another under RMA. Unfortunate for me.... It looks brand new shiny and the bulging caps are different colour to the good ones (presumably since they are in good shape) thus another owner must have put in a few to get by .... along a great line of eBay scammers (oh no i dont like this .... sell to the next idiot) great theory eh? perhaps only hearsay but i'm frowning.

Comment

discovered theres two MSI 7060
          My troubles are because i have the MICRO STAR MS-7060 – MSI 661FM2-V ILSR
          as opposed to the MSI MS-7060 661FM2-LSR which has more PCI slots

no wonder i couldn't find the caps lol

can iask for a schematic plz
          Last edited by ZapbuzZ; 05-04-2020, 06:27 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

well, in the meantime I am settling for another motherboard but it doesn't have SATA so i'll have to put up with that until I can learn the correct capacitors.
            I'm not going to throw it out, i care about the environmental impact these recycling procedures cause.
            Perhaps someday, somewhere, someone will read the info from their motherboard or something.
            Till then, I appreciate the efforts this forum does.

Comment

Working...
            X