X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS-7592 Powers on then off. No post

Hi guys
    I have this MS-7592 motherboard

It powers on for about 10 seconds then powers off again, it then powers back on and repeats the cycle

It came with a Core 2 quad -I tried another Core 2 quad, both stop with POST code E1 then it shuts down after a few seconds and restarts.

If I remove the RAM it beeps as you would expect - then shuts down as described above and restarts.

I also tried a Pentium D that is compatible with the motherboard. Same thing apart from it sits on code 98 for a few seconds, then goes to F1 and shuts down....

There are some DIP switches marked OC-SW and it's fairly obvious what that is for - but strangely there is no mention of the switches anywhere in the manual from msi site. Does anyone know the correct default setting?

PS I did have a CPU cooler on.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Re: MS-7592 Powers on then off. No post

Check the CPU socket, voltages and make sure the board is straight, in you have an external programer, reflash the bios.

Comment

I already checked the CPU socket pins when I tried some different processors. It looks fine.
      I checked Vram yesterday - it was good 1.84V

I was just going to check Vcore. But first I flexed the board slightly near the CPU socket with the heat sink unbolted but sitting on the CPU, and hey presto it boots!.... hmmm.

I then tightened the screws on the heat sink and it still boots everytime. I've tried it numerous times and left it running for some time and it seems to be stable. I have it set to optomised default settings in the BIOS

Rich
      Follow me on YouTube
      ------------------
      Learn Electronics Repair
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

check the bios battery or replace it.

Comment

Working...
        X