Panasonic P65VT60 reset loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic P65VT60 reset loop

Hi everyone, I just bought a faulty VT60 from my friend (for 200 Eur) and trying to fix it with a friend. It has 15000 hours running, I did a factory reset recently, and it has the newest firmware (version 3885 for EU).
    Symptoms are the following:
    1. if I dont try to switch it on for a day, then it switches on correctly and works as normal for 10-15 mins. After that point (interestingly, usually, when I try to do something other than just hanging in the menu, e.g. try to start a youtube video),
    2. it starts to resetting itself: resets, works for 15-30 sec, and resets again. Audible 2 or 3 clicks at reset.
    3. after 3-4 resets it stucks at logo. I need to plug it off (I didnt wait more than 2 minutes watching the logo).
    4. after plugging it back, point (2) starts again.

One more thing about abnormal picture: just before resetting, the TV freezes for 1 sec and the picture is usually filled with green vertical lines.

Well I know it could be main board or PSU. What do you think? We should start debugging PSU first, then go to main board? Whare to start?
    I read that the problem could be:
    - PSU
    - main board IC BGA soldering
    - corroded groundings
    - dying NAND

Some questions about main board change (if its not PSU): I dont have a spare main board for P65VT60, and it is hard to find. I read that it might be possible that the BGA soldering has problems on the main IC, could resoldering it also solve the problem? We can do that because my friend is a technician and has the tools for it.

Additionally, I have a spare main board which was made for 42GT60, both are tnpa1043. I just read that I cant use that main board for the VT60 because of different capacitors on the board, is that correct? (suffixes showed by jumpers show this, changing jumpers wouldn't help as they are only visual for production)
    I also read that I cant just swap the main IC (IC8000) as well, because it only works together with its own NAND flash, is that also correct?
    In case of main board change will be needed, would it be possible to put both the main IC and NAND from the gt60 board to the VT60 board?
    Or in case of just the main IC (IC8000) change, can I reflash the NAND flash with the factory code, and how?

Thank you.
    Last edited by zsuhaa; 10-03-2019, 11:53 PM.

Re: Panasonic P65VT60 reset loop

Hi everyone. Just to post the conclusion:
    my technician friend managed to repair the TV at their local TV repairing business.
    The NAND flash was removed (IC8900), and a new one was reprogrammed with the old one's contect and soldered back into the MB.
    The main IC (IC8000) was removed and resoldered as well, because the original soldering hasn't aged well: cracks were seen when observed with microscope before removing.
    Now the TV works fine. These guys are good at their job. They can also change smd-s, whatever is needed. The only problem they couldn't solve would be conduct problems within the MB layers.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your report.
      I have a 55VT50 and the IC9000 (Processor) seems to be overheated/burnt.
      Inspecting the board i discovered that the heat pad was dried out and therefore no contact could be established between heat shield and processor. So far so good.
      I have ordered a replacement IC9000. Unfortunately, i cannot find anyone here in GER who is willing to replace this IC along with the EEPROM (IC8902).
      My question would be if you could establish contact between your friends business and me. If you like we can continue conversation via PM.
      Regards.

Comment

Hi,
        I was just reading your problem. I can only suggest you to get contact in email with these guys, this is a local TV service business in Hungary, Budapest. Their email address can be found on their website. http://www.alfatvszerviz.hu/
        That will be a main board shipping to you back and forth to Hungary as well.

Comment

Hi,

I have a P50GT60b which has a similar problem. Loads to smarTViera screen and won't go any further, resets a couple of times and then flashing red light 13 times. Seems like the Main AV board but can't find anyyone who can repair it here in the UK.

zsuhaa, I've tried contacting alfatvszerviz in Hungary via email several ties but didn't get a response back. Are you able to help in making contact?

miloka, did you manage to get in touch with alfatvszerviz and arrange to have yours repaired?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank You

Comment

Hi,
            I have bad news: my TV is broken again with the same problem, and I should find a replacement Main board, because they can't repair it they said.
            Yes, 13 blink means main board error as you guessed.

You might send your main board for EEPROM replacement/reflashing and Main IC resoldering, it might help, or not. In that case they would check the whole main board of course.
            But they wont be able to test their job without the whole TV.
            I don't know why they don't respond to you, maybe they just don't want to accept a job without the whole TV and without able to test it. As far as I heard they are full of work.

You might send it to me and I get it to them for trying to repair it, but that would cost ~150euro in advance just for the repair (I paid that much in October), without any guarantee that it'll work when I send it back to you.
            I don't think that you would like to pay that money in advance, without guarantee, for this kind of deal.

Comment

Working...
            X