Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN75MU6300 FXZA FA01 - Troubleshooting screen problems

Hi everyone,

I just bought a monster 75" Samsung UN75MU6300 with the hope of fixing problems with the screen. I initially thought it was just a backlight issue, as the picture darkens gradually from right to left (meaning that the far left side is super dark, and far right side is seemingly normal). Once I got it home, however, I ran some screen tests and see that there are possibly more issues.

There seems to be a timing issue on the left side, as there are weird artifacts and transitions from one color to another leave horizontal streaks that take a few seconds to fade away. Once they catch up, the left side seems to produce the colors normally, at least to my novice eye. While there does appear to be a backlight problem in the center of the screen, it seems to be a fairly minor problem, at least relative to what I initially thought. I now suspect either the T-con board, bad connectors or cables or a completely smoked panel.

I posted a video of the full screen test here: https://youtu.be/FpPzSDXP3LY

I also attached a few screenshots to this post

I would greatly appreciate any insights you guys may be able to offer, as this is actually my first TV repair project. I'll catch up pretty quickly, I hope. Worst case scenario, I wasted $80 for the experience.

Thanks in advance,

SDG
    Last edited by SDG1855; 02-02-2020, 03:27 PM.

Re: Samsung UN75MU6300 FXZA FA01 - Troubleshooting screen problems

can't see the video but my guess from the description is that the set suffers from issues with the tab bond on the side of the panel that is the darkest. You can read a number of posts in and around this type of problem. preliminary test involves disconnecting, one at a time the cabling from the tcon to the panel (done with power off of course) and then checking the resulting picture. Go from the result and some reading of the forum. IF you are fast (with disassembly / assembly) and lucky, you might be able to watch the second half of the super bowl on the 75.... :-)

Comment

Working...
    X