Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Achi IR6000 rework station issue. Please help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Achi IR6000 rework station issue. Please help?

Hi
    I have an Achi IR6000 rework station. It was working normally until recently. It does ramp the temprature very slowly on the top heater.
    Precisely, on the Heater temperature controller LCD, the SV only added up 1C° when the PV reaches the SV temp. For example, the SV will only change from 25C° to 26C° if the PV reaches 25C°. Therefore, the difference will only remain 1C° during the rework process.
    Now, this sounds OK at lower temperatures but as soon as the temp is above the 200C° The it take ages to ramp up. Imagine the top heater is 201C° and the temp on the chip is 200C°. And you should wait for the 200C° to ramp to 201C° before the top heater "SV" temp temp to 202C°. Insanely slow at this stage.
    So basically there is not respect to the ramping time on this device.

Therefore, I would very appreciate if someone helped me to fix this issue. Maybe to reset the PC410 temperature controller or configuring some of its setting. But I have a limited knowledge about that.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Achi IR6000 rework station issue. Please help?

Have you read the posts of IR6000 in the other forum ? Look in the Equipment , soldering , heat stations - forum on here.
    In the Badcaps main forum folder ...

Comment

Originally posted by pecrie View Post
      Have you read the posts of IR6000 in the other forum ? Look in the Equipment , soldering , heat stations - forum on here.
      In the Badcaps main forum folder ...
      Thanks for the replay. Yes I did. but I could not find any post referring to any sort of reseting the PC410 (the temp controller). or experiencing such issue.

Comment

You have to do some tests:
        The ssr relay could give these problems but first
        test the REX C100 without the top heater and check that the temperature rises correctly.
        Also check the top heater, without the altec pc410, you should warm up very quickly.
        The altec pc410 cannot be reset. You can test it with the program on their website -> AL808 communication test software (.rar).
        If the altec has problems and you have to buy it, pay attention to the seller, there are models that, being clones, are not compatible with your station
        Last edited by jasko_jacker; 09-07-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
          You have to do some tests:
          The ssr relay could give these problems but first
          test the REX C100 without the top heater and check that the temperature rises correctly.
          Also check the top heater, without the altec pc410, you should warm up very quickly.
          The altec pc410 cannot be reset. You can test it with the program on their website -> AL808 communication test software (.rar).
          If the altec has problems and you have to buy it, pay attention to the seller, there are models that, being clones, are not compatible with your station
          Thanks for the great information. I will try to test the controller first with the mentioned software. And will come back with the results.

Thanks again

Comment

1st u shoud see if top heater actually heat..... after starting the process, with ur hand touch all heater and see if they get warm but ofcourse take care of hot temperature.

if all heaters get hot then its probably a software problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
              1st u shoud see if top heater actually heat..... after starting the process, with ur hand touch all heater and see if they get warm but ofcourse take care of hot temperature.

if all heaters get hot then its probably a software problem.
              Thanks for the reply.
              Yes the top heater is heating up. But it heats up in relation with the actual temp. I mean the top heater increases by "exactly" one degree if and only if the actual temp on the board matched the degree on the top heater.

Which I also assume a software problem.

I was suggest a software to check pc410 by :jasko_jacker" but the software is only in chinese lang and I spend so many hours on the net to find or translate it but no luck. So still no idea if replacing pc410 will help or not. And pc410 is relatively expensive so I need to be sure it is the cause.

Thanks again for your advice.

Kind regards

Comment

also check if top heater distance from pcb is correct. that ir6000 is a cheat bga rework, maybe there is not a proper profile in it but just it warm all heater same way and only height make difference.
                just my opinion, dunno how an ir6000 works and im just thinking about all possible common problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
                  also check if top heater distance from pcb is correct. that ir6000 is a cheat bga rework, maybe there is not a proper profile in it but just it warm all heater same way and only height make difference.
                  just my opinion, dunno how an ir6000 works and im just thinking about all possible common problem.
                  Thanks for the reply. I see your point.
                  The thing is that it was working absolutely fine before. And this issue occured suddenly.
                  I used to connect it to laptop and use the ir6000 software to monitor the temp graph. And was working fine.
                  However, I tried to obtain bottom side thermal sensor readings but I had no luck. I was suspecting the pc410 controller.

I believe I will try to buy and fit another pc410...

Thanks again for you reply..

Comment

pc410 has an internal config menu. In this video it tells you how to factory reset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYLINvukFHU

Comment

Originally posted by lazaro.089 View Post
                      pc410 has an internal config menu. In this video it tells you how to factory reset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYLINvukFHU
                      Thanks for the advice.
                      All these sttings are similar to the ones on my pc410.
                      Nothing has changed.
                      Still has the issue.

Thanks

Comment

Have you check the SSR relay ? (try exchanging relays one with another).The Led on it goes on and off ? All hardware outside the controller is very simple:
                        Check heater with multimeter in ohm
                        Regard thermocouple see if the controller shows the correct temp. Don't use pc , remove connection and use controller directly.
                        As I said the altec pc410 is not resettable or reprogrammable even you desolder the micro, you can only change the setting to a manifacture values.
                        If all hardware outside controller works fine probably you should buy another altec. The value on bottom side thermocouple regard rex controller and this circuit is separate from altec. If you disconnect rex the top must work anyway
                        Last edited by jasko_jacker; 09-21-2019, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                          Have you check the SSR relay ? (try exchanging relays one with another).The Led on it goes on and off ? All hardware outside the controller is very simple:
                          Check heater with multimeter in ohm
                          Regard thermocouple see if the controller shows the correct temp. Don't use pc , remove connection and use controller directly.
                          As I said the altec pc410 is not resettable or reprogrammable even you desolder the micro, you can only change the setting to a manifacture values.
                          If all hardware outside controller works fine probably you should buy another altec. The value on bottom side thermocouple regard rex controller and this circuit is separate from altec. If you disconnect rex the top must work anyway
                          Thanks for the reply. I will check it this week hoping it is not the pc410 that is causing the issue.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi again
                            some how I think the pc410 was not working correctly at the beginning but it working now. apparently what was worsening the issue is the bottom heater which was ramping up very fast. so the top heater, in my consideration, was following the same pattern even after 190C.
                            in other words, because of the bottom heater heating very fast, the top heater only needed a very little power to follow the profile. most of the power was laying on the bottom heater. so when the bottom heater stops on 190C the top heater had to consume much more power than the whole process from starting. here the top heater was not able to do so for some unknown reason. so it was keeping the same power pattern as what it started with.

I got to this conclusion because when I manually control the bottom heater during the process to reach the 120C first then waiting for the top heater to pass to 150 then increasing the bottom heater to 180C during the process. the top heater works as it should. no slow ramping at all... and worked well …

just wanted to share this solution with you friends...

best of luck...

Comment

Re: Honton HT-R392 rework station issue. Please help?

can anyone help?
                              problem in the upper thermostat in the standby state the power output is 220vac. within seconds the upper elements flushed instantly. I have tried to change the SSR, the problem is still the same.

Comment

Hi. Just want to ask...have you attempted to contact the manufacturer of the tool? From the many visits to trade fairs in Asia, most of them claim to take pride on their service and support mechanism to retain you as a life long customer.

As an example, I recall meeting with BEST Tools in HK about 2 years ago and only recently purchased their hot air tool to replace an aging Weller setup. Amazing device and at a very fair cost with DHL shipping to Canada. Works great on multilayer PCB repairs (ie. macbook, etc.). Had a quick chat with the factory and they stated that all parts are available to service this hot air tool or any other widget we wish to purchase from them.

I would think that you will be able to source the spare parts directly from the manufacturer.

If not, then consider to service at the component level.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                                  Hi. Just want to ask...have you attempted to contact the manufacturer of the tool? From the many visits to trade fairs in Asia, most of them claim to take pride on their service and support mechanism to retain you as a life long customer.

As an example, I recall meeting with BEST Tools in HK about 2 years ago and only recently purchased their hot air tool to replace an aging Weller setup. Amazing device and at a very fair cost with DHL shipping to Canada. Works great on multilayer PCB repairs (ie. macbook, etc.). Had a quick chat with the factory and they stated that all parts are available to service this hot air tool or any other widget we wish to purchase from them.

I would think that you will be able to source the spare parts directly from the manufacturer.

If not, then consider to service at the component level.
                                  Thanks for the great advice. I probably had to do that. But i have already modified the device. I.e. the top and bottom heaters were replaced now. And i manage to modify my profile. Seems to work ok now. I just adapted with. Besides, i am not doing much work on it recently.

I will consider that option. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Comment

Hell, can anybody help me with some profiles for scotle ir6000 rework station?
                                    Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                    X