Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Full model Philips 52PFL5704D/F7, Serial YA1B, Chassis PL9.1

Followed SM and all voltages present, up to check clock source. I've heard this model has problems with T-Con board going bad. Was looking for voltage on T-Con board but could not find any. I.E. checked IC201 no voltages present when TV on. Any ideas what to look for?
    Attached Files

Re: Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 Sound and Backlight, No Video.

Anyone see any fuses or anywhere I can check for voltage on the T-Con board to see if this is the problem?? Seems to be very little info out there on this set..

Comment

check this one
      Attached Files
      fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
      please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Crap that is open but I think I did it myself I think I checked it at first and it was good. Was thinking the component just to the bottom left of it was the fuse and I hit the probe to something saw a spark. Can you point me to a replacement for that on Digi-Key??

Must have been brain dead just checked voltage and have 12v at one side of the fuse. So at least I know now it's getting the voltage however still think there is another problem...
        Last edited by kevinm34232; 08-06-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm34232 View Post
          Crap that is open but I think I did it myself I think I checked it at first and it was good. Was thinking the component just to the bottom left of it was the fuse and I hit the probe to something saw a spark. Can you point me to a replacement for that on Digi-Key??
          do you mean the cylinder shaped component a little way from where i marked in red?it has 2 black bands on it?
          fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

can you remove the pad marked in blue(should be self adhesive)and put up another pic?also what is the part number of the component marked in yellow,maybee a voltage regulator
            Attached Files

Comment

Must have been brain dead just checked voltage and have 12v at one side of the fuse. So at least I know now it's getting the voltage however still think there is another problem...
              Firstly were you checking the fuse with the power on? or was the spark due to retained charge.

Secondly I believe the Black rectangular component marked XD is a resistor and the fuse is the cylindrical component with the two black bands.
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
                do you mean the cylinder shaped component a little way from where i marked in red?it has 2 black bands on it?

Yes that's what I thought was the fuse. FYI the fuse you told me to check IS open at this point.

I will post back other info.

Comment

im not sure what the cylinder with the bands on it are,if that was a fuse,there is room next to it to silkscreen the legend next to it?.

if it is a fuse,ive never seen one like that on a t-con,every smd fuse ive seen is prefixed with a letter ,D being 250ma

Comment

The voltage regulator is marked 25KA5 8C 36
                    Attached Files

Comment

What ever XD is it's open in circuit. The cylinder tests 0.00.

Comment

What ever XD is it's open in circuit. The cylinder tests 0.00.
                        if that is a fuse,and your meter was on 200ohm setting,then that"fuse"is good,im a little stumped as to wether it is a fuse !because the marking isnt no where near it !,what resistance reading do you get across "XD" ?

Comment

XD reads .0L and meter is on 200k

Comment

HMM , a schematic for that t con would enlighten!,hopefully someone will know what xd is,baffled me that one has

Comment

I have SM but no schematic of the T-Con. If anyone wants me to email it lemme know.

Comment

looking at this a little logically,the smd cap just above the "2 banded component",has its negative mark on it so that is too ground,follow that trace down does it join to the end of the "2 banded component".if it does then the banded part cant be a fuse,thats just like connecting positive and negative together in series with a fuse,and would go bang!the positive trace is where the xd part is

Comment

Well I still dont know despite extreme googling perhaps this will help someone identify positively
                                  Attached Files
                                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Still no ideas? I did say that I had 12v on one side of that XD component but not the other side right?

Comment

I would say fuse. T-con for a 52" would draw close to 2 amps at 12V so use a 4 amp fuse for reliability.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i think the "xd"part is a fuse also,it looks very similar to a ds lite fuse,if it has blown which you said it showed open,in ohms range measure across the pads and it should be very high resistance,that will tell you that the tcon isnt shorted,if you only get a few ohms then it will indicate a short,these fuses do fail for no reason ,just age really.i say replace with a new fuse if you get high resistance across the pads,and see what happens.

if this dosent work ,then replace the whole t con,there isnt much thats easy to replace on them.apart from that voltage reg i marked in yellow.

Comment

Working...
                                        X