X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
    No.
    Yeah, not anymore. I wonder if their post 2014 units have the DWG BY: xxxxxxx under the transformer? They sort of specify the desing for the OEM to build right?

These supplies work by the way. Caps haven't failed yet. I have 3 more to check out. Seems to be decent units, good for vintage builds.
    Last edited by pdavid; 04-28-2016, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Enermax has sold all their fabs, sadly they went to CWT and are selling many standard stuff with an enermax premium...
      They aren't as good as they were in those days...

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
        Enermax has sold all their fabs, sadly they went to CWT and are selling many standard stuff with an enermax premium...
        They aren't as good as they were in those days...
        ^This, they still aren't "bad" but the entry/mid-level stuff is no different from the many other CWT rebrands in the same price range.

Comment

And that makes them bad...
          A mediocre standard unit that you can get much cheaper elsewhere isn't a good unit...

A higher price would be acceptable if it would be something special and did something different than other brands. For example a good multi rail unit with quite low OCP settings...
          But all Enermax is doing today is making 08/15 stuff and just put their fans in it...

Comment

Hi, opinions about this power supply please, sorry I forgot to take a photo of the back but the soldering was not very good.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hikaruichijo View Post
              Hi, opinions about this power supply please, sorry I forgot to take a photo of the back but the soldering was not very good.
              450-500W. Maybe more with quality caps.
              Main rig:
              Gigabyte B75M-D3H
              Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
              Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
              16GB DDR3-1600
              Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
              FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
              120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
              Delux MG760 case

Comment

I think the "ZU" on the transformers means this PSU was made by Zumax Power. From what I've heard, they aren't that great, so I don't know if this unit will actually honor its 800 Watt rating. But I will wait for the other PSU experts here to chime in.

All I can tell you is that this PSU has APFC and looks like it uses double-forward transistor topology. 3.3V rail is mag-amp regulated. Can't say more without knowing more, though. The rectifiers on the secondary heatsink should be somewhat indicative of what this PSU can handle.

Comment

Hi, i've had to open it because the fan was making a lot of noise to replace it and now I'm worried because the system has and Phenon II X6 1100T, an HD7970 and 3 HDDS that is 125W+275W minimun when on full load the hole system maybe around 450W-500W at full load. And I'm not an expert on this matters but the quality doesn't look so good and I payd around 90 euros for it back on the 2012.

Comment

Yeah, this is a platform that Zumax, ePower, and Topower used for a while. It's a competent design, that's way overrated on the label. It will absolutely be able to handle that load. These units have a tight fan curve, so that's why the fan was speeding up. Those TDP ratings are unrealistic maximums. I have a "500W" version of that PSU, and it uses two 30A schottkys, I bet yours has better ones. I'd be more worried about the AsiaX caps it uses!

Comment

Hi, thanks, the fan has an strange bearing that I could not disasemble nor lubricate so I replaced it, thanks for the info I feel better now.
                      Next time I'll try to make better photos.
                      I tested one cap with the esr meter an it is still right an the output voltages are right also so I'll leave it for now.

Comment

Hello, i own a Corsair TX650 bought in 2008 which is in top shape except one detail, the 3.3V line shows around 2.99-3.05V (measured with a DMM).

I will post some pics with the little aged beauty!
                        Last edited by Viperel; 05-07-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hikaruichijo View Post
                          What kind of protection IC does this thing use?

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Payne View Post
                            What kind of protection IC does this thing use?
                            Sorry I already reasembled it and it is on the computer. But yesterday I had a problem with 700w model of the same brand, it burned a sata power because it was broquen and I did not notice it so I pluged it misaligned and it almoust got on fire but the power supply did not shutdown itself I had to unplug it so maybe it does'nt have a good overcurrent protectection....

Comment

Well most ATX PSUs can supply dozens of Amps on most rails, which is plenty enough to burn connectors and wires and still not break a sweat.

You will only typically get an instant shut-down if you cause a dead short somewhere, and even then some cheap PSUs would just blow up...
                              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                              -David VanHorn

Comment

who did it?
                                Attached Files

Comment

No idea. Antec?
                                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                  -David VanHorn

Comment

Rosewill RG630-S12 (ATNG design)

I really like this PSU except for the Teapos and the blown TNY277, it's the same model reviewed long ago at HS but definitely a newer revision, was "gifted" to me as a "for parts" unit but turned out to be an easy fix and it's now working without problems. I plan to do a full recap and use it in my main rig so what do you think guys?

- U15K80R 15A Bridge rectifier

- 400V 330uf Primary Cap

- 24N60C3 PFC Transistor

- RHRP1560 PFC Diode

- CM6805 PFC Controller

- UC3845B Main Converter Controller

- 2 X 16N50C3 Main Converter Transistors

- WT751002 SMPS Supervisor

- TNY277PN Off-Line Switcher for 5VSB

- S10C40C for 5VSB

- S30D40C for 3.3

- S30D40C for +5V

- 2 X S30D60C for +12v
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by SIDMX; 06-22-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                                      No idea. Antec?
                                      Thats latest Xilence, Performance A+ series. OEM is Shenzhen Xin Hui Yuan Electronics Co., Ltd.
                                      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                                      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                                        Thats latest Xilence, Performance A+ series. OEM is Shenzhen Xin Hui Yuan Electronics Co., Ltd.
                                        No, just NO.

Comment

It's HEC

Btw. Xilence A+ is non modular, the one Stefan is showing is fully modular.
                                          Last edited by Philipus II; 06-23-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X