HP Workstation x4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Workstation x4000

Hello I also have a x4000 hp system that i've been using. Does anyone know if the bad caps on the memory card are the reason for a very very slow memory count procedure at boot up???? My computer takes about 2 minutes to count or check 1gb of memory. Does anyone else think this is strange?
    stillengsx@hotmail.com any help is appreciated.

Comment

^ spam?

or just plain noob?
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

^
        I'd say noobery over spam.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

spam? doubt it...just someone who probably googled slow memory test, then somewhere someone was having a caps prob, so they found bcn and figured we know all the answers.

to the original asker: system specs?

Comment

ps: a memory card is found in a camera. i think you meant memory module. also, ram (memory) typically has no electroytic capacitors...

Comment

I do own one of these systems and have bad caps on the memory card. I can take pictures or answer whatever questions i can about the system from my experiance. I did post an earlier reply mabey in another thread asking if anyone else owns these computers and have successfully recapped the motherboard or the memory card. 2 of the bad caps are made by Fuh Yin and i cannot seem to get on their web page. If i can help anyone or if you can help me lets do it.

Comment

do you mean the memory card reader?

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  ^
                  I'd say noobery over spam.
                  No, SPAM is the post following you. Clueless on the topic but just has to chime in with something to get the attention whore fix.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                    ps: a memory card is found in a camera. i think you meant memory module. also, ram (memory) typically has no electroytic capacitors...
                    Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                    do you mean the memory card reader?
                    This workstation has the RAM installed on a separate daughterboard/card which connects to the motherboard.

Likely there is a cap failed on there.

This knowledge is brought to you by the power of Google which cost me a minute of my life.
                    The result actually took me to page 1 of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
                      No, SPAM is the post following you. Clueless on the topic but just has to chime in with something to get the attention whore fix.
                      excuse me?

Comment

bridges are hard to un-burn... you cried wolf so many times that it was assumed that it was another false cry.
                        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

iirc my neighbors 2 x4000's are slow memory counters.
                          the fuh yin are definately in need of replacement.rubycon mbz are fine and availible in the badcaps store.do all the hm/hn too.
                          btw the slow test is no big deal since these things run 24/7/365 without issues once i recapped them.did the mobo and psu too.

Comment

zandrax, you can not upload your image from post to an image host, so for most people wouldn't be need to register for viewing your image?
                            So let's buy lollipops and present to those who enrage us... Let them suck!

It's fine there, where we do not exist!

Comment

According to this technical reference manual from HP it has an ATX form factor: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/lpv37863

EDIT: Sorry mods. Looks like I feel victim to a necro-ed post. :|
                              Last edited by grss1982; 09-29-2017, 12:01 PM.
                              CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
                              GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti / GTS 450

Main Driver: Intel i7 3770 | Asus P8H61-MX | MSI GTS 450 | 8GB of NO NAME DDR3 RAM (2x4GB) | 1TB SATA HDD (W.D. Blue) | ASUS DVD-RW | 22" HP Compaq LE2202x (1920x1080) | Seasonic S12II-620 PSU | Antec 300 | Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1

Comment

Working...
                              X