Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba LED TV, blank screen

Originally posted by MDluffy View Post
    All the parts I bought were second hand, but from "working" units...will try and look for a new PSU.
    MDluffy, we never heard if you got the issue fixed on your Toshiba 46L5200U1. I am running into the same exact problem where I have sound and the Red Toshiba logo flashes on for a second then goes Black. I've tried the different "Dim" configuration mentioned above (cross 15 & 16; capping off 15; capping off 14) and have had no luck. It would be great to hear what the final diagnostic was cor your unit. Thank you!

Comment

I had 4 of these with the same problem , easiest way to fix is just pull out the yellow 15 wire as mentioned. fixed all 4.

Comment

I cut the yellow wire #15 ( dim ) At P802 It does not works on my tv
        Last edited by hienton2; 09-11-2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Pulling wires is not a proper repair. The circuit worked before without these modifications, something has failed and modifying things will not properly fix it. Do not expect these kinds of fixes to last in any case.

In post #32 electronicsurplus mentions a voltage regulator going bad. That would be my first part to check.
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi Agent24.

My tv has dim line 3.2 v at turn on then goes to .2 v .Is this normal?
            The bl on has constant 3.2.

The regulator. You mean 24v regulator of psu? Or the one on green inverter?
            Last edited by hienton2; 09-11-2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I don't know, I am not familiar with these. Just going by what the others have said.
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by hienton2 View Post
                I cut the yellow wire #15 ( dim ) At P802 It does not works on my tv
                Same model number as the OP?
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Using the information in Post #32 as well as Post #35, I was able to pull the #15 pin out of the connector housing on the PSB and clip it off. I left enough length to insert it back into the connector housing, but not long enough to reach the female connector when attached. The tv is now working brilliantly.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have been following this thread for a few months now and have tried switching wires #15 & 16. I've also tried pulling and taping off wire #15 at the PSB. Is it possible for a picture of the connection to the board to be taken? If not, that's understandable, I'm just extremely close to just giving my 2 year old TV away.

I've purchased and replaced the backlight inverter already, this is so frustrating. Yes, I've been a lurker, sorry. Thank you to each and every one of your responses to this common issue.

Comment

Not sure if this is what you are needing. My TV is reassembled and working great, so I don't want to mess with it anymore. This image was from one of MDluffy's original posts and I simply copied it and added some highlights to show which pin I clipped.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by northwestdad View Post
                        Not sure if this is what you are needing. My TV is reassembled and working great, so I don't want to mess with it anymore. This image was from one of MDluffy's original posts and I simply copied it and added some highlights to show which pin I clipped.
                        Thank you, so much. I pulled that wire and taped it off with no results. I believe its time let this TV go now. I'm glad you were able to get your TV working again.

Comment

Having similar problems with my Toshiba: 32C120U. Problem -- TV comes up and shows the red Toshiba logo every time, then you see a slight flicker and everything goes black. Have had some success getting it to turn on every now and then by a combination of unplugging and plugging it back in several times. Seems that once it does work it works. Have tried a number of the ideas in this thread but nothing has worked.

Comment

I received a Toshiba 46L5200U on Friday where the Red Logo would appear for 2-3secs then the screen would go black. I cut the yellow wire, and bam it fired right up. After letting it play for 24hrs continuously, I powered it off and tried to power it back on. It would flash the logo and go blank again. I went to

https://web1.toshiba.ca/support/ceg/...?docid=D000050

and downloaded the newest firmware for the set, and installed it. It seemed to fixed the blank screen problem, and enhanced the picture quality tremendously! If all else fails give this a try!

Comment

Did you get it eventually fixed? I'm having the same issue. I've tried to PM you, but it won't let me.

Comment

Originally posted by berto88 View Post
                                Did you get it eventually fixed? I'm having the same issue. I've tried to PM you, but it won't let me.
                                I think you need a few posts before you can PM people
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

Hey guys found this post and thought I just insert my experience.

I like others have tried all the fixes listed above, pulling the #15 pin and then switching #15 and #16, DID NOT WORK! (for me anyway)

so I pinned all the wires back to there proper places and was gonna call it a night. Before all that I tried powering the TV on one more time. Saw the Toshiba logo and then darkness. The back panel was still off at this point, so I pulled the wires from P803 just to see what would happen..... nothing happened...... and with out thinking I plugged the wired into the P804 port and noticed light coming out of the screw holes from behind the TV to my surprise the unit was on!!!

I powered it off and tried to start it up again and it crapped out on the red logo and went dark.... so while it still had power I snatched the wires from P804 and plugged them into P803 and the screen came on again.

Im gonna try the firmware update and hopefully that will make this stick.
                                  Now before you techs rip me a new one im well aware of what potential damage I could be doing to my TV but since its already pretty much Dead to me at this point im willing to experiment.

with that said !!!!!PERFORM AT OWN RISK!!!!!

spend a little money and fix it the right way Mine was garbage up until about 30 minutes ago

Comment

Can anyone confirm if firmware fixes this issue? Do you have to first pull or cut a wire to get it to stay on to do the firmware?

Comment

Has anyone found the solution to this problem? If so pictures would be GReAT thanks in advance

Comment

I did the firmware upgrade and nothing happened......

Comment

Well I cut the lead that goes to pin 15, and the problem is still there. Any assistance would be GReAT
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X