Samsung LCD TV LN40B530P7N Distorted Color Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LCD TV LN40B530P7N Distorted Color Picture

Same IC AS15G fixed the SAMSUNG I worked on last week also.
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/bud...tml?sort=3&o=2

http://s807.photobucket.com/user/bud...tml?sort=3&o=0

I ordered 5 pieces for other repair.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by Glitcher View Post
      Got to the service menu, I found an option "LVDS Format" There was only 2 settings for it, JEIDA and VESA. It is default set on JEIDA, but changing it to VESA seem to make it worse.
      great info here. Same thing happen to me last week. I went to my Service menu and option byte and tried EVERY single option on there to see if anything would work including LVDS options and nothing.

I was about to take the Geek Squad plunge and pay the 150-400 for the repair until I ran across this thread. Then decided to try replacing the IC chip like you did until I saw post#3 above.....figured what the hell, I've got nothing to loose I'll play with it again....and long behold.

It worked!!!!!

Switched LVDS OUT -JEIDA and all was about 95% back to normal.

Starting channel surfing to make sure all is good and the picture started to slightly become distorted again. I would say about 80% back to normal now.

So I went to the color options messed around and notice in the blink of an eye it jumped back to 95% fixed. then while watching tv it reverted to its original state of 100% picture quality.

Comment

So that only took all of an hour to revert back to distortion.

Here is a pic of my mother board if anyone would like to chime in as to what chip I need, not sure which one it is.

The one to the left says- DDX STA335BWS-9902A VP
        Lower Right - Weltrend WT61P6S 840 J279 BG
        Upper right - Samsung DNle Full HD JDP72

Last edited by mannyz33; 12-01-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

sir, i have similar case on my bravia klv-37u300a. but there is an image retention for few seconds. It also has AS15-F chip on its tcon..

Comment

I would love to know an equal replacement for my weltrend chip

Comment

Originally posted by mannyz33 View Post
              I would love to know an equal replacement for my weltrend chip
              im pretty sure your looking at the wrong board can you post a picture up of the whole back of the inside of the tv the chip concerned is on the tcon not on the main av board.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                im pretty sure your looking at the wrong board can you post a picture up of the whole back of the inside of the tv the chip concerned is on the tcon not on the main av board.
                Correct. The AS15F(G) chip is on the t-con board. It's usually under a metal shield at the top center of the set. There are usually semi-adhesive heat pads that will make it stick to both the metal shield and the back of the LCD itself. Use care when removing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxstang View Post
                  Correct. The AS15F(G) chip is on the t-con board. It's usually under a metal shield at the top center of the set. There are usually semi-adhesive heat pads that will make it stick to both the metal shield and the back of the LCD itself. Use care when removing it.
                  I remember taking the metal cover of one of the boards but forgot to take a picture of it.
                  I'll do so again and post it up when I get home from work.

Comment

Originally posted by kumag View Post
                    sir, i have similar case on my bravia klv-37u300a. but there is an image retention for few seconds. It also has AS15-F chip on its tcon..
                    I have the same thing on a Samsung LN37A550. Found bad AS15-F IC and I'm expecting another IC from China. It should be here in a couple of days and I'll let you know if it fixed my issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxstang View Post
                      Looks like it's an AS19-H1G

http://*************/photo/photo/191/i63l.jpg/

Comment

Do you see the box marked GAMMA with all of the points in it? Set multimeter to DC volts, 20V range or autoranging (whichever available), black probe on the chassis of TV and red probe on each. Note down voltages for each point. The TV must be on.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                          Do you see the box marked GAMMA with all of the points in it? Set multimeter to DC volts, 20V range or autoranging (whichever available), black probe on the chassis of TV and red probe on each. Note down voltages for each point. The TV must be on.
                          I'll have to buy a multimeter

Comment

So I bought a Multimeter.
                            never used one before but the numbers on the display 9 out of times 10 times would show a digit distorted. As if it was broken.
                            I don't know if this is normal or not.

I'll post picture tomorrow.

Comment

Hi,

my Samsung (LE40A615A3F) suffers from the same problem - having a non-monotonous sequence of voltages on the T-Con. Having not the capabilities to replace the AS15 chip, I searched for replacement boards. However, one of the shops warned that the boards would not work if the TV is not exactly the same as they have described the board is for - even though the identifier of the board is exactly the same (T400HW01 V4 40T02-C02 (94V-0 0823) the last four digits vary though).

Does somebody have an opinion on this? Can I use a replacement board too?

txs a lot for any comments

Comment

Originally posted by Unicycle View Post
                                Hi,

my Samsung (LE40A615A3F) suffers from the same problem - having a non-monotonous sequence of voltages on the T-Con. Having not the capabilities to replace the AS15 chip, I searched for replacement boards. However, one of the shops warned that the boards would not work if the TV is not exactly the same as they have described the board is for - even though the identifier of the board is exactly the same (T400HW01 V4 40T02-C02 (94V-0 0823) the last four digits vary though).

Does somebody have an opinion on this? Can I use a replacement board too?

txs a lot for any comments
                                I took my T-com board off sent it to Shopjimmy.com to have it serviced for 60.00 and they refunded me my money, said they really couldn't fix well enough.
                                I put it back in and thing looks just like before.
                                Not sure what they were talking about.

Comment

Hi All,

Just want to say a big thanks to all contributors here.

I had a distorted/inverted/solarised picture problem with a 32" Samsung LE32R87BD TV. With the very helpful information I found in this thread (especially from tom66) and the clincher from kevinm34232 in another thread (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28407), quote: "Usually with a bad AS15 if you turn the contrast way down the pic will get better but not all the way." I replaced the AS15-G chip on the T-Con board and the TV now works perfectly again.https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images.../icon_razz.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                    Select a source which shows the issue.

Turn TV off, leave it in standby.

Press, on remote, Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power in quick succession.

TV turns on. Service menu appears.

Browse the menu. Look for options marked LVDS format. If you need help, take a picture of the service menu. If you find an LVDS format option, change the value using the remote to one of the other values until the picture comes back normal.
                                    I have a similar problem.. with samsung LCD TV LA40B650. I tried above to got to the service menu but it doesn't.

Comment

Just wanted to drop back in and say thank you for all who contributed on the problem ID.
                                      Outstanding and helped me figure out problem with similar form factor model.
                                      Thank you once again!

Comment

Hi, I've been reading through these forums trying to debug my own LN40B530P7N (colors were all jacked which point to a bad TCON), but I foolishly thought I'd check out the service menu after finding out it existed. I saw the factory reset option and thought that sounded like a good idea. Only afterwards did I find out that I really shouldn't have changed anything without understanding what I was doing and writing down the old values.

Now I've lost all of my settings and I only get a white picture on the screen. "No Signal" everywhere. Does anyone still have a LN40B530P7N that would be willing to send me a couple pictures of the service menu settings?

Comment

As a follow up to my own post I think I found the correct settings here:

https://archive.org/stream/Samsung_L...e/n25/mode/2up

I dropped those into my service menu and I'm back to seeing inputs on my TV again. Now to swap out the t-con and see if that fixes my color issues...

Comment

Working...
                                          X