Albatron 865PE PRO II with some bad caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albatron 865PE PRO II with some bad caps

I've had this mobo for almost 2 years and just noiced 3 bad caps. One has popped and the other 2 are bulged a little bit. I contacted albatron and they said they would fix it free parts and labor. But I don't know how long it would take or what replacement caps they would use. Anyway it is just as cheap to fix it my self and I know what parts are being used this way. The 3 bad caps are GSC 6.3v 1000uf. Should I replace just the bad ones or all the red circled ones. Would it make for better overclocking if I replaced all the circled caps because my system is unstable even when not overclocked(I usually don't overclock but sometimes I do). Any imput would be great. Thank you
    Red = GSC 6.3v 1000uf
    Blue = GSC 16v 470uf
    yellow = GSC 10v 1000uf
    Attached Files

Re: Albatron 865PE PRO II with some bad caps

i know that board. you should replace all the following caps then it will be perfectly stable again.

Red = GSC 6.3v 1000uf
    Blue = GSC 16v 470uf
    yellow = GSC 10v 1000uf
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Yes, willawake is right, see a friends Epox board here for example, all GSC caps bulging... (The board is now recapped and working fine...)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-11-2014, 04:47 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded due to problems with host
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Thanks guys I was thinking of replacing all of them with nichicon HE series because these have a long life and extremely low impedance
        so this Red = GSC 6.3v 1000uf with this mouser.com
        and this Blue = GSC 16v 470uf with this mouser.com
        yellow = GSC 10v 1000uf replace with same cap for the red replacement
        These are what I think are cheap but good. I'm open to suggests on other replacements

Comment

HE will be very nice indeed. good idea to use 680uf 16v for the 470uf 16v.

I actually have a Pro not Pro II board here and it has 1000uf 10v in positions around about those. 470uf 16v is a typical goofy value manufacturers use instead of 1000uf 10 or 6.3v etc. but caution is needed with P4 systems to be sure that the 12v line is not being serviced by some of those caps. so better to stick to 16v.

if you have any further probs replace the 4 yellow caps next to the cpu. they can have problems on rare occasions but are usually fine. I wouldnt replace them myself if i was servicing the board. if i did i would probably use 2200uf 6.3 like the sanyo WG which are next to them.

Comment

OK I'm glad you agree with my choices
            I had to pick higher capacitance and higher voltage for some because mouser.com didn't have the ones I needed. So its odviously not a problem to get higher rated caps as long as they will fit. And as for those yellow caps I don't even know what brand they are. I couldn't replace them with sanyos, it is too close because they are actually touching. not going to replace something that is working just fine.

Comment

the yellow caps are fujitsu. we have a thread about them here
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=597

i moved your psu question to the psu forum.
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1221
              Last edited by willawake; 12-28-2005, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X