dgtec dg hd-5370(no sound)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dgtec dg hd-5370(no sound)

I got this HD STB from a garage sale today.

Got home and tested it, played with every setting possible, then opened it up, Noted there was no bad caps.
    Now I'm confused to as what the problem could be?

would it be cold solider joints?

Which parts should I be looking over?

Thanks guys in advanced, this site has be good.

Re: dgtec dg hd-5370(no sound)

Oh also forgot to note there is also a faint sound on some of the HD channels but not the standard def channels.

Also I have recorded some TV with it and played it back on the computer it has sound.

Comment

Photo of the board.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok I have sound but its very faint. did a bit of soldering.
        Would this be a capacitor causing this?
        If so which ones?

Comment

So... for those of us who don't mind read, what is the problem?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Very faint low volume, thats is the problem.

Comment

Comment

Where them arrows are pointing to the suspect bad caps, How is it possible to have sound when these are bad?

Also tested the HDMI output and it all works fine.
                Last edited by Amraks; 01-29-2012, 01:25 AM.

Comment

replaced the caps sound clearer but still faint.
                  anyone with any ideas?

Comment

Could be the analog switch (the 14/16 pin IC next to the caps) or a setting in the menu has volume set low.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Can't be any settings I have done a factory reset and found all the sound settings. fiddled and fiddled.
                      Would it be safe to pull a IC out of any STB?
                      Last edited by Amraks; 01-31-2012, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Remote troubleshooting is a Garbage In - Garbage Out situation. Post a decent sized picture (a .jpg file close to 2000 x 2000 pixels) by using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area - and we will have a fighting chance to help you. The fact that changing capacitors helped is a clue, but without adequate pictures it's hard to make valid suggestions.

PlainBill
                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Ok thank you I may have to borrow my dads digital camera when I see him next my digital cam isn't very good.

Comment

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks in advanced, I'm really wanting this set top box to output sound.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Amraks View Post
                              Anyone got any idea?

Well, this may be fairly straightforward. I have only a Wikipedia knowledge of SCART, but let's see if I understand the situation. Please correct any errors in these statements.

1. Both SD and HD video signals work.

2. HD audio is faint, SD audio is missing.

3. Does 'tested the HDMI output and it all works fine' apply to both SD and HD video and audio signals?

I see 5 ICs in the general area of the SCART connectors. Two of them are definitely 16 pin dips, one is partially obscured by a cap and may be 14 or 16 pin, one is a standard form factor 8 pin, and U5 seems to be unusually wide. What are the part numbers of those 5 ICs? I note that analog signals are on the first few pins of SCART connectors, I take it that is the right end of the connectors in the picture.

PlainBill
                              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Amraks View Post
                                Anyone got any idea?

Have you tried audio signal-tracing with an oscilloscope,
                                starting from the speakers, and working your way back from
                                there?

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                                  Well, this may be fairly straightforward. I have only a Wikipedia knowledge of SCART, but let's see if I understand the situation. Please correct any errors in these statements.

1. Both SD and HD video signals work.

2. HD audio is faint, SD audio is missing.

3. Does 'tested the HDMI output and it all works fine' apply to both SD and HD video and audio signals?

I see 5 ICs in the general area of the SCART connectors. Two of them are definitely 16 pin dips, one is partially obscured by a cap and may be 14 or 16 pin, one is a standard form factor 8 pin, and U5 seems to be unusually wide. What are the part numbers of those 5 ICs? I note that analog signals are on the first few pins of SCART connectors, I take it that is the right end of the connectors in the picture.

PlainBill
                                  HDMI is perfectly normal, audio acts like normal.

its on scart connectioning it is faint.

Comment

Working...
                                  X