This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is Randall, and currently serving in the US Army.
    I'm currently trying to familiarize myself more with tv/ pc repair and this seemed like a good place to do that.

Comment

Hello, my name is Oscar. i'm having problem of my Panasonic plasma TV.
      Hope I can get useful information from here.

Comment

Bem sou Brasileiro me chamo walone,ingressando agora no ramos de informatica sou humilde e espero ajudar a altura mas pelo visto temos aqui muitos experientes no ramo e busco aprendizado junto a esses .

Comment

Hi, I'm Joris from the Netherlands.

I started working on macbook pro motherboard repairs out of curiosity, and it turns out to be a lot of fun.

I work together with some other people in a small store in amsterdam, where we have most basic tools, microscope, micro soldering iron, hot air station, and a bga machine.

I've been finding the information in this, and some other forums to be immensely helpful in improving my work, so i figured i start getting a bit more involved here.

Comment

Hello, I am an electronics tech student from Toronto Canada. I live working on old tech, as well as building circuits found online.

Comment

Hello, My name is Derek. I'm a mechanical engineer trying to fix a TV, which is way out of my expertise. I hope to find some help here to diagnose the problem.

Comment

Hi, I'm Jack. I have an associates degree in electronics. I am retired now at the age of 70 but I like to keep up with new stuff. I am trying my hand at micro soldering as a hobby and interested in finding schematics and board view files to try to keep sharp. I say one who isn't learning, isn't living! Thank You for an interesting forum.

Comment

Hello, my name is Mykolas and I have an associates degree in electronics and when I get stumped on a electronic problem, I could use all the help I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                    Hi my name is Jennifer and I am a mother of one child, shes 11..I live in a very small town called Eakly Oklahoma, if you blink you'd probably miss it as you drive by. I am having difficulties with my Tv..looking for some answers...which i will go in to detail a little bit more momentarily
                    Thanks, Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer View Post
                      Hi my name is Jennifer and I am a mother of one child, shes 11..I live in a very small town called Eakly Oklahoma, if you blink you'd probably miss it as you drive by.
                      The description sounds just like Andover, Vermont, LOL.

Pretty much all towns other than Brattleboro, Bellows Falls, Springfield and Rutland in the southern and central parts of Vermont are like that...
                      Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 05-18-2017, 09:54 PM.
                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hi Im Daniel from Bulgaria
                        Im new in laptop motherboard repairs and need some advice.
                        Im currently stuck in Dead Lenovo G50-80
                        Hope I can get useful information from here.

Comment

Hi I'm Jose from south florida I tinker and fix electronics as a hobby

Comment

Hey y'all.. my name's Dani from Melbourne Australia... Jack of all trades & master of none. During the day I work in Child Protection and after hours slap on the tool belt. I'm hoping to get some assistance with diagnosing a tv issue but think I'll be using this site for much more... so here we go... ..

Comment

Hey - Fritz from California here. Had some free time on my hands so started trying to fix some old electronic items I've been hanging on to. The problem always seems to be a capacitor, doesn't it....

Comment

I'm new to the board. I'm just a husband and dad who seems to find himself having to fix various things around the house. Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention. In other words, I'm cheap and I prefer fixing things when I can. Thanks in advance for any help I might get.

Comment

hi all am stan am 62 years old retyerd am intrested in electronics and now found am intrested in tv repairs am a beginer in tv repirs i have manged to repair 5 so far and give them to pepole who have nothan am from place called brotton england uk

Comment

Hello my name is marben a computer technician thank you for letting me join this site so that i can explore so much and i can share also my knowledge....thank you very much....

Comment

Hi there

Comment

Hello.. It's me... I'm in Morocco dreaming about blowen mosfets, badcaps and shorted ones... Hello from the other side...

Haha.... Anyhow, not too personal. I graduated a long time ago... Bachelor of Electronics Engineering (or sumthin' like that ... And i'm still a Bachelor after all these years... Spending most of my time fixin' old brokendown laptops and desktop computers... Upgrading and repairing network systems... And writing 'programs' for customized needs... Blah... Blah... Blah...

Anyhow this is a great site, have used it for years, i remember first seeing it in oh... 2006 or so... Okey... Less is more...

Comment

Hello, I am a new member, I live in Italy, and I thank you for welcoming me, apologizing in advance for my English!
                                          Greetings to everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                          X