This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, my name is Kostas, I am 26 and I live in Greece. I always liked technology from my childhood and my first pc was a pentium II 333Mhz with 128MB of ram and Windows 98. I was playing games then, and formatting my pc everyday for fun xD. I loved to mod games and create maps for various games. Then I was interested in software engineering and learned some programming and assembly. But people don't really understand what you do exactly, and nowadays I have many requests for pc/laptop/tablet/phone servicing, and so I switched to hardware mode now, and I am learning 3 years already how to fix this stuff. So I learned some stuff from the internet, basic circuits, symbols. I own a programmer for flash chips and bga rework station to replace bad bga chips. I also got a cheap oscilloscope for monitoring oscillations and frequencies and have fixed some laptops already but was very hard for me. Still I am very wilful to learn new things and always want to work on this kind of stuff so I join good forums like this one to share my experience and learn too.

Comment

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new here but not new to electronics troubleshooting. Been out of the game for a while though. Looking to re-learn some of my forgotten skills. I'm from Alabama, USA.

Looking forward to meeting all you good folks!

Doyle

Comment

Hi Everybody,

My name is DaleS and I have been a dabbler in electronics for many years, but only as it applies to specific needs at the moment. Today I am trying to find a schematic for a Kenwood Chef Stand Mixer that I came upon. It is a model A702 and is unusual because most of the servicing help is available in the UK where the mains voltage is 240V. I am in Canada and a few of these machines were made for a mains voltage of 120V but the documentation and service information is sketchy to non-existent. I signed on to this site because others have struggled with the same problem. If any of you have schematics for a North American model Kenwood Chef with electronic speed control I would like to know. Thank you in advance for your support.

Comment

Yo I'm looking for some info, just saying hello.

Comment

Hi. Dave from Canada and looking for some help with a Toshiba 52RV530 vertical lines.
            Thanks.

Comment

Hello all. Steve from Florida and amateur A/V enthusiast. Came across this forum and hope to share as well as gain knowledge.

Comment

HI my name is David Gray. I'm a pretty much self taught tech. I build computers and can fix most problems with them. I've come to this forum for a problem I'm having with a TV I have. I'm glad to meet everyone here and hopefully be able to make some contributions, even though maybe small. to the community

Comment

Hi, I am an embedded SW guy that came across this forum trying to fix a stubborn TV. Since i am running out of ideas i was hoping to get some help from this community ...

Comment

Hello all, I'm glad to be adopted in the forum .
                    Electronics is my hobby since 1986 . Мy first computer was the Apple 2 with 8 bit processor 6502 at 2 MHz, 5.25 floppy and DOS 3.1.
                    Today i live in Sweden with more than 22 years professional experience like service manager and engineer of many companies like "Sony Europe" "Samsung electronics" , "Siemens" and other for all kind of electronics.
                    Hope will be pleasure to exchange experience and solutions here.
                    I wish success and entertainment to all .

Comment

Hello all, I'm glad to be adopted in the forum .
                      Electronics is my hobby since 1986 . Мy first computer was the Apple 2 with 8 bit processor 6502 at 2 MHz, 5.25 floppy and DOS 3.1.
                      Today i live in Sweden with more than 22 years professional experience like service manager and engineer of many companies like "Sony Europe" "Samsung electronics" , "Siemens" and other for all kind of electronics.
                      Hope will be pleasure to exchange experience and solutions here.
                      I wish success and entertainment to all .

Comment

Hello everyone

Comment

Hello, my name is Joe. I don't know much about electronics, but would like to learn, and came across this forum while trying to diagnose my tv.

Comment

Hey there guys! I'm so excited about this place! i'm starting in the bussiness, so i'm trying to learn the best that i can (the hard way) so, right now I already have a decent digital multimeter and a bunch of doubts!.. haha

well, my first amateur job is to fix a Macbook Pro Late 2008, and my first impression is that I guess I can handle this, so, right now I already have the schematics, but I'm looking for the boardview files to easily find testpoints..

Maybe i'll be posting some news these days about my progress, but definitively I need that BRD file to start testing and try to make it work.-

I'm from Venezuela BTW.

Saludos compadre.

Comment

Hi everyone. I joined this site to get info to repair my Sony KDL-70R550A that bit the dust the other night. The panel went dark and the red power LED blinks 5 times, indicating a bad LCD panel. The Sony community forum is full of posts about how Sony has left consumers in the dark on this one. Clearly there were some defective parts in this TV but most problems are arising outside of the warranty period, so there is no help from Sony. Replacement panels are not available, but some folks posted that Badcaps.net had a few posts on DIY repair successes. That is why I am here. I want to fix my TV rather than put $2500 in the garbage.

I have a reasonable amount of technical knowledge in electronics (started as a kid with vacuum tubes; aced the Digital Electronics course at university with 100%; designed/built numerous gadgets including a 4-function calculator from flip-flops and NAND gates; programming skills from machine code, through assembler, all the way to high level languages -- I still have a working SYM-1 computer; now playing mostly with VBA in Excel) and am not afraid to dive into the guts of anything.

So, I am here mostly to learn but hope to contribute a small bit at some point as well.

John

Comment

Hello Everyone ... I am fighting a (what appears to be a common issue) battle with my LG 60PA6500-LG not powering on!

This site has had some awesome information thus far and I hope to get some more

Comment

Hello,
                                  Just signed up to the forum, hoping to get some help with a Phillips TV. I'll start a new thread on this.

Chris

Comment

Hi mens from Spain!

Now i have problems with a old panasonic plasma that i love! I want to repair it but i think is broke! I have a plasma LG too, i want to read here all about it!

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
                                      I am always curious about troubleshooting electronics, I am not perfect but always trying to learn, I always search for great ideas from people in the forums, it helps to build our knowledge and it is always appreciated.

Comment

Hello all,

Long time rf guy in satcom and microwave but havent done board level in 30 years.

Im hoping you guys can help me and I will return any knowledge I have in return.

I find I can fix almost anything with a little help from the net. I repaired the car after the wife got riped off for 475 bucks that did not resolve the issue and fixed for a 35 buck part. Repaired my dishwasher for 15 bucks when wifey wanted a new one, and the list goes on.

Hope to get to know you guys.

Gerry

Comment

Hello to all,

Great to be here, I'm saving electronics from dumping by repairing them in my free time.
                                          Doing this as a hobby, and it brings happines to people faces and to my face afterwards.
                                          I loved to play with electronics even when I was a child.
                                          Doing daily repair, building circuits, love to do things that is so fascinating.
                                          Hope that I can help with my knowledge here on the forum.

Dani

Comment

Working...
                                          X