This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello I'm João, I studied Master in Electronics Engineering in Lisbon ,Portugal. I'm always trying to fix things up but it is such a pain to find some problem when you don't even have schematics for the device.. This forum looks really interesting and I hope to find hints to fix my things and maybe even help someone to fix their own stuff.

Regards
    João

Comment

Hi, bluey55, worked in electronics 20 years ago. Getting involved again due to mother in laws bush 40inch lcd tv being stuck in standby. Find this site so helpful.

Comment

hi everybody,stu here from the sunny uk,i'm a design assistant learning ag cad at the moment,i did briefly run my own pc/laptop repair business but competition is fierce so i gave it up as a bad job .i know my way round a computer so i'll help if i can,thanks

Comment

hello!

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hi there,

My name is John. I'm an accountant by training who loves working with my hands and fixing things. Most recent project - a Samsung LCD monitor that won't power up. This is how I arrived at this site.

Looking forward to another successful project!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Useful site. Got the information I needed and 17PW20 is working well.
                My name is Dave, I live in Long Eaton which is in the East Midlands, UK. I've been a secondary school teacher for 33 years and I have taught electronics up to A'level and various engineering courses. I retired a while a go, so now have more time to pursue my interest in electronics. For many years I have repaired items such as tv's, videos, audio amplifiers, theatre dimmer packs - anything which has a pcb! I've been called 'old school' as I unsolder and test components and read circuit diagrams! More recently I have been called to repair a digital sound desk and my latest effort a FST. Still the same technique!

Comment

Name is Randy and in Dayton ohio
                  I have a CNC grinder with problems and the google search with the part number I put in took me here so I sent pm to someone her local in hope that they can help
                  Thanks all and have a great day
                  Ill be here reading more

Comment

My names Mike, I've been reading these forums for a while just started having problems I couldn't figure out so I figured I'd ask the experts!

Comment

Hi, my name is john and I like fixing things.

Comment

Hi, I'm Max and I enjoy tinkering and DIY.

Comment

Hello! I stumbled across this site and it looks like a good place to learn some things, and alot of knowledgeable people. I have a general interest in all things circuit board related, and just happen to have a blown up LCD tv or 2 laying around

Comment

Hello
                            Just an average Joe, turning to more knowledgeable people for answers, hopefully to save me some money and time.

Cheers

Comment

Hi, my name's Dan, I'm having an issue with my tv so i thought i'd check this place out, and maybe learn a thing or two.

Comment

Greetings, australian currently livingin chile looks like fun forum

Comment

Hello! I've been a software architect for 18 years; doing electronics as a hobby. Just got my first oscilloscope (analog 20 Mhz) bought on eBay. Playing mostly with microcontroller.

Comment

Hello!

I'm Nick from South Dakota and I've been a software engineer for about 7 years now. Like most, I've built a few computers in my time but never soldered anything in my life.

I've obtained a broken LG 50PG20 plasma TV that doesn't turn on at all and after lurking on the forums for a week or so I'm thinking the problem is the power supply. I"m hoping I'll be able to get this TV up and running with some help from this forum.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Howdy y'all!
                                      I am software engineer and tinker with hardware now and then.

I the need the BIOS password decoded for a Dell Latitude E6410, system #: 7X2XQM1-2A7B, that I recently purchased.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi everyone, I am Rich and I prefer to fix things when I can vs having somebody else perform the task. This site has been a great source of info!

Comment

thanx

Comment

Working...
                                          X