370 VAC 80/7.5 Flow A/C Cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

370 VAC 80/7.5 Flow A/C Cap?

My nephew just called me about a A/C bad compressor cap on his motor home.

It two terminal on top without markings like fan, C or Herm, like a thee terminal. It has two red wires on one terminal and two yellow wires on the other terminal.

Does that mean that the cap is non-polarized, can be wired either way?

Re: 370 VAC 80/7.5 Flow A/C Cap?

On a 2-terminal cap used on AC motors/compressors, they are not polarized. It doesn't matter which terminals are used. Be sure to put 2 red wires on the same terminal or
    Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

ASSuming the line power (or generator output) is 220, don't replace it with anything of less voltage....or else
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

He ordered a matching CAP. He just had a few questions about the size, looks, and condition of the old CAP.

If the rest of the board is clean enough this might save the old RV's A/C system.
        I'm just glad he's interested enough to look inside the system to see a failure and do something about it and not just toss the entire system in the trash and invest in a replacement unit without trying first.

Comment

My nephews new CAP came in yesterday and he installed it this evening. He is excited since the A/C came to life and is cooling great again.

His first time to work on an A/C unit and replace a part was successful.

Thanks for help guys.

Comment

I just would like to know what UF value was the old capacitor that was in it

I do have one question for you and it this do you run this air conditioner off of a generator ( or a very long excord ) if you do you might look into getting a hard start if compressor seems to have a hard time starting

Or one of these units if you are using a generator

https://www.zillerelectric.com/produ...-32-fla-230vac
            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 10-12-2019, 11:59 AM.
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
            10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
            6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
            1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
            25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
            6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply
            1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
            2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
            All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

IT was 7.5uf and the replacement is the same voltage and uf.

The old RV was given to him by his father-in-law a few years ago. He has spent hundreds of hours fixing it up to sell it. It's an old Airstream classic.

Like me, he is enjoying the complexities of a RV and it will be near perfect when he finishes it.

I rewired a Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial ten years ago and doubled my money. I was very impressed with that and I learned a lot doing it.

That RV had a gauge for everything. The dash had dozens of gauges. When we brought it home we didn't know the dash lights we not working when we bought it home. The tail lights were out, break light failed and it got dark before we got it home and I used the light from the cell phone to see how fast I was going.
              My wife stayed close to the back side in her car to keep the cops from seeing.

Comment

Working...
              X